PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most hair toys on the forum?

Long_hair_bear
May 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Hey all! This'll be a sister thread to my Count Your Hair Toys thread. I was reorganizing my hair toys yesterday, and you never know how many you have till you need to organize them. I was wondering who had more than me because it would take them even longer to organize. I have 75 hair toys if you count pairs of sticks as one! As Chloe from Nativwomn pointed out to me, I could wear a different hair toy very day for 2 and a half months! I never knew I had accumulated so much till I counted them recently! :agape: They breed like rabbits, I tell you! I have a few more on the way. I keep telling myself I don't need more, but then I make te mistake of going on etsy! :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are those of you who have more than me..... Fess up! I wonder who on the thread has the most hair toys. Oh, and before anyone starts, I made this thread for fun, not to promote materialism :)

Lady Neeva
May 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea for a thread!

Venefica
May 28th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I have no idea how many hairsticks I have, perhaps 60 or so, and then there is scrunchies, clips, headbands and barrettes and combs so I think I have over one hundred hairtoys all in all though I have not counted all of them.

Anje
May 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I'd have to count, but I'd giesstimate that I've got under 40 if we're not counting stuff like pins, plain hairties, etc.

Among the members who've shown more of their collections, I think Cinnamon Hair, OhioLisa, and perhaps Tabitha rank pretty high in absolute collection size. Rowie might be catching up with the Ficcares, though.

kdaniels8811
May 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I actually started counting last night and decided to pu some on the swap board as I have way too many...

Nae
May 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I know I have more than 130. BUT I don't even think I am in the running for the most. I would say that there are people on this forum who have upwards of 300.

jeanniet
May 31st, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'm sure there are several people here with at least 300. Most of them are long-term members who aren't as active now.

Kelli Kat
May 31st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Counting pairs as one and not counting scrunchies, claw clips or snoods - 145

Venefica
June 1st, 2013, 01:21 AM
I think you can could scrunchies. The way I see it undecorated hair pins and elastics are not hair toys but everything else gos.

dwell_in_safety
June 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
I believe heidi w has mentioned having over 200 hair combs alone.

Long_hair_bear
June 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
#76,77, & 78 came in the mail this week. :o

Misty'sMess
June 3rd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Wow, compared to everyone else here I have practically nothing—two flexi 8, a couple of hair sticks and.... I think that's it. After seeing this I really need to go shopping! I only problem is that living in Australia means that postage is so expensive.

partlycloudy
June 3rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Wow, compared to everyone else here I have practically nothing—two flexi 8, a couple of hair sticks and.... I think that's it. After seeing this I really need to go shopping! I only problem is that living in Australia means that postage is so expensive.

Ah, but you have Elymwold (http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Elymwold?ref=seller_info) in Australia! Currently my favourite seller. He does customs too. I'm trying hard to resist, and succeeding because I literally have no money. *swoon*

partlycloudy
June 3rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Oooh Long hair bear, what did you get?! :D

Othala
June 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Not me! I have 6. Ha ha!

teal
June 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
I think I have around 12, lol. Certainly not in the running here! :P

Long_hair_bear
June 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Oooh Long hair bear, what did you get?! :D

Two nightblooming sticks and one porquipine quill draped stick. Posted them in the hair toy addict thread :)

rags
June 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
WELL into the triple digits. I know of at least oneerson who has more than I do though,and I'd say there are more.. And I don't count scrunchies, cheap combs, etc.

Stellaaa
June 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
WELL into the triple digits. I know of at least oneerson who has more than I do though,and I'd say there are more.. And I don't count scrunchies, cheap combs, etc.

OK rags, I'll ask you directly a question I asked generally in the Count Your Hairtoys thread.
Inquiring minds want to know:
How many of your hundreds of hairtoys do you actually use? (my own percentage is pretty small)
Do you have any/many that you've never worn? (I ask because I do, and my collection is modest in comparison)

rags
June 5th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I use probably.....twenty five percent of them regularly. The reason I still keep them all is that I've learned from experience that with big sheds, weird growth stages, etc. that I will begin using ones I hadn't used in a while. Still, even with that - I'd say less than half get regular use over a years time.

Some I hold onto because I'm DETERMINED that one day they will work (I'm looking at you, Flexis!), and others because I wish they would work, (Grahtoe). Still others are just not my style, though I desperately want them to be! But the vast majority are things that do work, that I like and are my style. I just tend to be lazy and reach for the same favorites over and over.

I have lots I've never worn. My last sale was full of those and I should have another. I despise it though.

Stellaaa
June 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks rags.
I'm in the strange position of being old to long hair but new to hair toys.

Long_hair_bear
June 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I'm with rags. As with any collection you're passionate about, you can never have too many!

sapphire-o
June 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I think I have between 120 - 130 hairtoys. I've been on LHC for 7 years so that's not too bad. It's under control mostly due to regular decluttering (about once every season) sale. :D I won't buy more unless my hairtoy drawers have room for them.

*I suspect cinnamonhair has the most? :)

juliaxena
June 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I have about 80 and it feels like too much. I was thinking of keeping 20 of my favourite ones (and the ones I actually wear) and selling the rest. But I am not sure how I would pull off such an endeavor.

Islandgrrl
June 12th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I think I have somewhere around 60. At least half get worn regularly, another 25% get seasonal or special occasion (I'm talking to you, Aurora Borealis Ficcare) wear. The rest are things I should part with but for some reason don't want to. My list of wants is small: something fabulous and brilliant from Elymwold, a stick from Timberstone, and a couple of obscure Ficcares.

I'm thinking it's time to list a few swaps.....

Calaelen
June 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I have about 80 and it feels like too much. I was thinking of keeping 20 of my favourite ones (and the ones I actually wear) and selling the rest. But I am not sure how I would pull off such an endeavor.

I think deciding what you can let go is the hardest part. I can tell you from experience if you post it on the swap board it'll get swiped up :) But, I am cut off until November, so could you wait till then? :eyebrows:

heidi w.
June 12th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I've got boxes and drawers filled with all kinds of goodies.
It's a festival in my house.
heidi w.

hippie girl
June 13th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Ha, not me!

I have about 6 hair forks (three exactly the same, creature of habit) including two that need repair!
I have about four sets of sticks that almost never get worn, and my favorite two that were singles are snapped. guess that is why they eventually broke, they did get worn!

I bought one pack of scrunchies a few years ago I use in the house and for wrapping around my towel down the length for drying.

Boring maybe, but I love the ones I do have (including the ones I plan on repairing) and don't see the need for more I suppose.