PDA

View Full Version : Oiling First?

musicmomma
August 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
im just wondering... i oiled my hair last night and want to wash it today. i am thinking of CWC, but am not sure. what do some of you do after you oil it? TIA! :)

Stevy
August 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I usually just CWC like normal. Sometimes I skip the first conditioning or only put a little conditioner on, though, if my hair's really heavy with oil.

Curlsgirl
August 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM
CWC or just scalp washing.

GlassEyes
August 29th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I just CO.

cani
August 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
cwc or just scalpwashing:)

thankyousir74
August 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I only CO as well.

sipnsun
August 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I always CWC (with dilluted shampoo) and then put a few drops of oil back in my hair while still damp.

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I tend to load up more oil lol

But to wash i just CO it out, or do a herb wash, then i lightly oil again as it dries.

musicmomma
August 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
thanks everyone. so i csc'd with vo5 and then natures gate. my hair looks awesome and i didn't need any sort of product. i prob could put a smidge of oo on my hands and pat the poof in back but i figure by tomorrow it will be a bit heavier. hope you all have a wonderful weekend, i'm going camping and 4 wheeling in the backwoods of PA. see you all soon! :D

Friesiangirl
August 29th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I personally Oil, but I never shampoo/condish. anymore. I only rinse.

Hayley

yogachic
August 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Today I just did a CO, but I usually wash and condition.

Darkhorse1
August 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Haven't read other posts, but I recently did an oiling and used a clarifying shampoo and an extra moisturizing conditioner. It did weigh the ends down, but it's because I did an oopsie with the oil (my first try!). So, I had to re-wash a section (it was like an oil slick--soooo gross). The results were AMAZING, but I think I had a bit too much oil, so the next washing three days later, my hair was even fuller bodied. As I mentioned on another thread, it's greasy already today, but I have oily roots and I'm running a fever, so that's why ;)

Apparently, if I get time off, my body thinks getting sick is an option. Wahhh.