PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing long hair into cosplay wig - Video Tutorial!

hypersensitive
May 27th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Hey guys, I thought I would share my YouTube tutorial on how to get all that long hair of yours into a wig! Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEGR702eauQ)! I hope you find it useful cause it sure can be tough hiding long hair in a neat and lumpfree way.

Bascially, I made a 2 lace crown braid around my head (one braid going halfway around the head and the other around the remainder of the head). The braid stops as soon as you stop adding hair- so tie it off close to the head and do not continue making a regular braid. Then you wrap the rest of the hair flat against your head circling the head as many times as your length allows and pin into place. This works best if you have thick and straight hair.

jacqueline101
May 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
That's how you do your hair to fit it in a helmet.

Sakuracha
June 3rd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks, for the link. That's a good idea. Did you find the head too lumpy if you finished the braids and pinned them like you did the loose hair?

Bagginslover
June 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
I can't braid mine to go under a wig, it comes out too lumpy and mis-shapen, especially when the wig I wear is just an inch long all over!

What I do is this-
-make a side part, and begin pinning the hair close to my head from the larger side of the part (the side with the most hair), Don't twist the hair.
-as I get to where the hair is falling, begin to wrap it around my head, pinning as I go to keep it close.
-when I reach where I started, move towards the center of my head, and continue wrapping and pinning, so it forms a spiral of hair.
once all the hair is spralled and pinned, place a wig cap over the top, to hold it all in place. the wig goes over the top.
:)

hypersensitive
June 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I found braids to be too lumpy. The reason why I braided it a bit is so the wrapped hair will have some texture underneath to grab onto.

Shoga
June 4th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you! I'll experiment with this. I'm cosplaying at the end of the summer so needed to find a method. You're hair is very pretty btw. :D

Yozhik
June 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Ooh, I didn't realize your hair was so long! It's beautiful and so shiny!

I'll keep this method in mind if I ever want to wear a wig. :)

Also, I noticed your engagement ring - congratulations!!! :flowers:

hypersensitive
June 5th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Have fun cosplaying!! Thanks Shoga! :3

hehe Thank you Yoznik! :D I can't believe how long its gotten either!