PDA

View Full Version : BARBER Does PERFECT trim! YAY!

Hairitic
May 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM
I was in desperate need of a trim as it had been nearly a year since the last one! :eek: Scared of hairdressers 'cause they have always taken off waaay to much instead of doing what I asked. And they are usually rough with the comb/brush and tangles. Friends are too afraid to touch my hair, lol. They know how I feel about my hair. :p Then I remembered someone on the boards recommending a barber for trims. So, I checked the yellow pages. One wanted $48.00 to trim a straight line 1" above my current hemline - no wash/style/blow dry!!! The next one was afraid because he'd never cut a woman's hair before. He acted like women's hair is made of a different substance than men's, lol. In desperation, I just walked into the third Barber Shop. I asked Danielle, the owner of West Side Barber Shop in Mechanicsburg, PA to trim 1" off my longest hairs and to use my Tangle Teaser. She was gentle and careful with my hair. She professionallly trimmed NO MORE than 1" off my length! :D She was thrilled to cut "the longest hair I've ever cut!" and said my hair was in very good condition. The price? $13.00 - YAY! I'll be going back for my regular trims now as I progress to Tailbone and beyond. I'll try to get a new pic up soon. Just thought those of you scared of hairdressers might want to think about going to a barber for your trims.

browneyedsusan
May 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I've used barbers once or twice, and was always happy with the results. (I'm very laid-back, though.) I currently visit a tiny shop--very infrequently now that I'm not maintaining that teensy pixie! Sometimes they have another hairdresser in there, but usually it's just the two of them. He cuts the men and she cuts the women. My last trim was in February, and I thought she did a great job. Somehow she tidied up all of my goofy grown-out pixieness, and evened up the length, but it looked just as long as when I walked in? Some sort of little-barber-shop magic? :magic:

GrowingOut
May 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Barbers are magic! :D

And they seem less pushy than high-end salons!

jacqueline101
May 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Barbers are good.

Wildcat Diva
May 25th, 2013, 08:23 AM
A barber did my last trim, and she took off just the right amount. It was an impulse trim as DH was getting his haircut. It had been a year since my last trim, so I thought why not. It was about three days since my last wash, so all my poofy waves were gone; I used my tangle teezer just before going in.
She cut my hair from the sides pulled down by my elbows, not straight across the back. She said that made the hair even in length, not longer when in the front. I didn't mind, and that ended me up with a subtle U when all my hair is viewed from the back.

She said my ends "needed it" but that the rest of my hair was in nice condition. She even talked about trimming by the moon.

I'll return next summer when I need another trim. She'll probably still be there.

Macaroni
May 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
If I ever get tired of trimming my own hair with Feye's Method, I'm definitely going to a barber.

They're precise in their technique, can't hide a bad cut on a man's short style, and they don't want to sell you color, treatments, highlights, etc.

leslissocool
May 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
If I ever get tired of trimming my own hair with Feye's Method, I'm definitely going to a barber.

They're precise in their technique, can't hide a bad cut on a man's short style, and they don't want to sell you color, treatments, highlights, etc.

I cut my son's hair, and this is absolutely true! you have to be really precise on a man's haircut, IMO they can be really difficult.

Yay! I'm glad you had a great experience! I sent 2 of my friends to barbers and they loved it, they are growing their hair out too.

MrsGuther
May 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
That's awesome! Glad you had a good trim experience! And for cheap too. :)