PDA

View Full Version : cute article I stumbled across about aging gracefully.

gonzobird
May 24th, 2013, 09:29 AM
http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2012/12/04/im-38-with-grey-hair-whats-the-big-deal/

:)

Love it.

jacqueline101
May 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
That is great.

Coolcombination
May 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is what I want! She's an inspiration!

ladyfey
May 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Love this! Shared it on Facebook>

sisi33
May 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I really liked that article! Thanks for sharing!

olivelover
May 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
And she is _so beaitiful!

neko_kawaii
May 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Like, like, like!

AMD
May 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
That was a good read. I think the gray hair makes her look even more beautiful.

Vrindi
May 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Aww that's cool. My mom finally stopped dying her hair, and it's the most beautiful silver. Since I have her coloring, that's what color mine will be! I'm psyched!

kitschy
May 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
She is beautiful and her hair is gorgeous, but she has yet to "age." She's still a young one - just wait until the weight gain, wrinkles, aches and pains, and whiskers appear - then we can say if she ages gracefully or not. :knit:

She is an inspiration since she is embracing her natural hair color - I love it!

trolleypup
May 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM
She is beautiful and her hair is gorgeous, but she has yet to "age." She's still a young one - just wait until the weight gain, wrinkles, aches and pains, and whiskers appear - then we can say if she ages gracefully or not. :knit:

She is an inspiration since she is embracing her natural hair color - I love it!
Be that as it may...she gets to have white hair early! Possibly well before those other things!

Not to argue with you...appearing to age gracefully rather than actually doing so.

SerinaDaith
May 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Lovely article I wish I had figured this stuff out sooner!

Celtic Morla
May 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I have been going grey since 13. I did dye for a few years but cut off all my hair in 2005 and let the grey show all the way thru. I am proud of my grey and get tired when people tell me to dye. It was the fastest way to lose me as a client att he hair salon! Now it is hip length and is grey at the root an dblond on the end....weird but its me!

leslissocool
May 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I get really upset at society judging people by white hair as old, really my BFF has been going gray since 12, she's 24. She is not aging nor aging gracefully! She's a young beautiful lady with the most kicks ass silver hair. Which I find amazing.

Why cover up the amazing gray hair to look your age? She looks like Storm!

Ambystoma
May 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
What a lovely article :) - she looks gorgeous too. I've been noticing quite a few women around where I live rocking salt and pepper locks or pretty silver streaks at an age where I'm sure they're facing a lot of pressure to colour which is pretty great, hopefully the tide of public opinion is starting to change.

gonzobird
May 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Of course she is still young and beautiful. I just love it when people accept their natural beauty. It's so much better than the artificial stuff. (and easier when you're pretty to begin with). But still just a cool article. We can't all be young forever, and there is something pretty empowering about embracing that. Makes for a much happier life. Even with aches and pains.... and weight gain.

MaryO
May 25th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I love that she embraced it- she looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

PixieKitten
May 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
She looks gorgeous, and when I have grey hair I hope it looks half as good as that!

cmg
May 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Still alot of prejudice going on? Everybody focusing on age, when talking about grey hair. The thread titles "...about aging gracefully". I would say "she is beautiful". Period.

/ CMG

Melisande
May 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
What Kitschy said. At her age, the real challenges of aging wait. Beautiful grey hair with a lovely young face have nothing to do with aging gracefully. The article is lovely and so is the writer, but the topic seems to me: embracing natural beauty and unusual features instead of covering them up.