PDA

View Full Version : Straight hair with curly frizz?

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Does anybody else get this? I do seem to have very odd hair that has gone from curly, to wavy and now to straight over the course of say.....5 or 6 years, so that might be a factor, but my hair hangs almost straight looking appart from some slight movement that does leave it a bit messy looking sometimes, but i can deal with that. It's in good condition, all virgin other than the henna, i alternate between CO washing and herb washing (when i say alternate, i don't mean in an organised way....i mean depending on how much of a rush i'm in and if i can be bothered smearing slimy gungey stuff on my head), sometimes with a vinegar rinse, i rarely need to clarify, but a sulphate shampoo seems to do the trick once in a blue moon, but i avoid clarifying as my hair is delicate and damages very easily. It's always got some oil on it, which helps alot with the frizz, and gets a good soaking in oil for days at a time and ALWAYS heavily oiled before a wash overnight but usually longer.
Oh and i nearly always keep it up in a contained style.
Bun waves drop out after......i dunno, 10 minutes, even if i've used some aloe gel....it's just determined to hang there......though don't get me wrong, i do like my hair and it's good quality stuff now......i just find the frizz irritating....and it's so bad in humidity.....like i'll get ready, on a rare occasion decide to have a hair down day, smooth it with a BBB, light oiling etc....before i go out i'm all impressed by how shiney etc it looks, then as soon as i go outside, that's it.......it's like one of those awful before and after pictures for hair straighteners, except in reverse....my hair turns pubic!
I'm not really looking for a fix as such, just venting a bit....other straight haired members seem to have such sleek well behaved hair, and i know i'm probably projecting my fantasy onto them.......but are there other members with this problem? Oh and my hair floats....literally, it can be in great condition, but left down it'll kinda float around adding to the frizzy messy look, and i'm not even going to start on trying to eat, or drink, and god forbid i even think about smoking a ciggy with my hair down!
Ok, rant over, just to clarify, i'm not upset, or stressed, or anything.....just wanted to see if it's just me.....i'm mostly still just so gratefull my hair is growing back now, and love how soft it feels, and it does shine too.

Shanarana
August 29th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I tell you if someone came up with a full proof method of controling frizz I'd say they would be an instant millionaire overnight.

I tend to have days where frizz is worse than other days. Very frustrating if you want to wear it down. I try not and use un-natural produts on my hair, but if I wear it down I will use gel (aloe is good, but not enough for me) to keep the frizz down.

Curlsgirl
August 29th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I don't have fine hair but it seems I have read a lot of fineys that are frustrated with the floating frizzy effect. I have heard Spidermom talk about this a lot even though hers is not straight. I guess we all have frustrating things like that to deal with.

If it helps, I think your hair is beautiful! :)

happymommy
August 29th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I use Static Guard. It isn't the most healthful thing for the hair as one of its main ingredients is Ethyl Alcohol, but I don't spray it directly on my hair either. I spray it on my brush, kind of wave my brush around for a couple of seconds (hopefully letting the acohol evaporate) then brush/smooth down my hair. No sticky/slimy/dull residue and mostly controlled flyaway fuzzies.

plainjanegirl
August 29th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I wish I had a solution to this type of problem. You are not alone.

granitbaby
August 29th, 2008, 12:59 PM
You are not alone with this problem. Most of my strands are fine and straight but I have medium curly/wavy strands all over my head. In newly washed hair these stand out from my head aka straight hair with curly frizz.:demon:
I have no idea how to solve this.

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

Curlsgirl, thankyou so much, i always pause for a moment to admire both your avatar and siggy pics.....those curls just look so perfect and shiney! :flower:

Happymommie....that sounds scary! I did think of tring a bounce sheet though.

Granitbaby, that's exactly like mine, on wash day it's so messy, and as i rarely go more than about 24 hours after washing before i start building up the heavy oilings i don't really get the nice smooth day 2 or 3 hair.