PDA

View Full Version : Adding scent to your hair?

DarleneH
May 23rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
I sprayed Ralph Lauren 'Romance' in mine today, and I know a lot of us use essential oils or perfume oils dabbed on. Just curious what you do and the scents you like?

battles
May 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
I use perfume oils. :o Sometimes I mix with a carrier oil and oil with it, or just put a bit on my hands and then brush my hands over my hair.

I switch scents all the time, so I can't really say I have a favorite. I typically use BPAL.

MaryO
May 24th, 2013, 02:14 AM
I never smell anything on my own hair so I've stopped trying! :-(

Ayjay
May 24th, 2013, 02:40 AM
When I use Lush shampoos and conditioners they smell stays for a little while and I love it. I also like the smell of coconut oil but its not that strong. The other day I sprayed a perfume on my tangle teezer and ran it though my hair and that was lovely (and made the wood smoke smell lessen a bit.)

olivelover
May 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I currently have a fabulous eucalyptus shampoo, and even when I rinse very well, the smell stays in my hair for two-three days, and I love it. It has eucalyptus EO in it.

Simone_Fatale
May 24th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Sometimes I spray perfume on my hair when I want better longevity cause it takes longer for perfume to evaporate on hair, but I do it rarely cause it removes moisture from hair. I guess perfume oils would be gentler to hair but I don't really like them.

melusine963
May 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I use body mist occasionally. :)

LadyCelestina
May 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Regular perfume doesn't "stick" to my hair at all.I buy scented oils instead.However the scent is subtle and easily overpowered and I have to choose other products carefully if I want to smell the oil.

Dorothy
May 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Sometimes I burn incense and CAREFULLY hold my hair in the smoke while it's drying. I put the incense on the floor and comb my hair over it while the smoke winds through it. Women did this in the past in Japan, and geisha did it, which is where I got the idea. It does scent your hair, in fact, you have to be careful not to overscent it, and it lasts a long time, all day really. I've also put rose water in my spritz bottle but that smell only lasts an hour or so.

Indigostreams
May 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Sometimes I burn incense and CAREFULLY hold my hair in the smoke while it's drying. I put the incense on the floor and comb my hair over it while the smoke winds through it. Women did this in the past in Japan, and geisha did it, which is where I got the idea. It does scent your hair, in fact, you have to be careful not to overscent it, and it lasts a long time, all day really. I've also put rose water in my spritz bottle but that smell only lasts an hour or so.
I've also done this a few times before with my nag champa incense. Interesting, I didn't know it was actually a tradition in some countries.

BrightEyes
May 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
When I use Toadstool shampoo and conditioner, the scent always lingers in my hair. And there are so many yummy ones to choose from :D

sisi33
May 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
When I was scenting my hair (don't anymore due to the fact that it makes me loathe whatever scent I'm using), I used to take some of the scent, which was usually BPAL, and mix a little of it with refined coconut oil. Or some other scent-less oil. My point is that I could take a smidgen of it, and place it where I knew it would stick- mainly my ends.

Firefly
May 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I lived in the Middle East for many years, and it is popular there as well to infuse clothes and hair with incense smoke. They have special raised platforms for this purpose.

I've done the incense before, but wanted to second the Toadstool Conditioners... the scents are wonderful and last for days! My favorite is Sandalwood. :)

jacqueline101
May 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I used to spray perfume in my hair not anymore.

starlamelissa
May 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I pick yummy smelling shampoos conditioners leave ins and styling aids. Ingredients come first, but a smell that makes me swoon and not barf/have a headache is more important.

Pierre
May 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I use henna attar and some mixes of EOs I make. I like the combination of ylang-ylang and patchouli.

Magalo
May 24th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Can somebody tell me what are BPAL?? Everybody talk about it!

I have a leave-in spray I bought, it smell very nice. Or I spray my body mist on it. Or I oil the tip with glycerin&rosewater and it smells so good. :o I have sandalwood perfume on my way too!

battles
May 24th, 2013, 09:19 PM
BPAL is a company that makes oil perfume blends. :)

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

McFearless
May 24th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Can somebody tell me what are BPAL?? Everybody talk about it!

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/)

Sharysa
May 24th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I make my own shampoo by mixing diluted Dr. Bronner's soap with sweetgrass essential oil, and then I layer that with a mix of almond oil and more sweetgrass.

The scent is really light, but when it's mixed with almond oil, it manages to stick for a couple of days.

LadyCelestina
May 26th, 2013, 05:20 AM
For those who use incense sticks,do you use leave-in products?
I tried it,but I got no scent in my hair at all and I think it might be because at the time I was using a leave-in conditioner.

CurlyMopTop
May 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I love rose water spritzed on 2nd or 3rd day hair. Lilac isn't bad either.

Kibeth
May 26th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I got some of this shampoo in the TARDIS Rose scent - http://www.luxurylanesoap.com/collections/hair-care/products/hemp-silk-shampoo - it smells really good but I'm having problems getting all of it out.

Long_hair_bear
May 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM
My custom scented leave in conditioning spray does the trick quite well!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66540088/custom-scented-leave-in-conditioning?ref=shop_home_active