PDA

View Full Version : dyeing on dark hair

Miss Unruh
May 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hey,
soo, my hair is the colour of dark chestnut-brown, and i thought about dyeing it with semi-permanent dye like manic panic or special effect. But because of the damage (and my dislike against blonde hair, at least on me) I don't want to bleach it. So my question: Anybody here has experience with dyeing on dark hair? Does the colour show at all, or would it just be pointless?

akilina
May 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
It definitely will not be intense but if you used red or purple, it might give it a slight sheen of that color.. I would say that red or purple would be the only colors that might effect your current though. In the sun, it might really stand out, but in doors you most likely won't see it. There was a thread floating around here of manic panic on natural hair....it had lots of photos. Results definitely vary from person to person. It might not work it all, or it might be totally awesome and great.

joflakes
May 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
I've done it before with directions and stargazer dyes which are the same and always been very pleased with the result. It just kind of tones the hair and it is brighter in the sunlight as well. I have pics I can dig out if you want!

Miss Unruh
May 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM
@joflakes if it's not too much trouble and you don't mind, that would be awesome :)

akilina
May 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=109980&highlight=manic+panic

http://www.manicpanic.com/best_of_best.html Manic panic website...click around. Some of those photos are the dye on unbleached hair.
eta: under vampire red if you click thru there is a lady with hair past her bum who used the vampire red on unbleached hair, mostly all of these colors have an example of the color on unbleached hair

Also, try using the....search function here...There are a LOT of threads here with tons of pictures that might help.

flip-flop
May 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM
I have (darkish) brown hair and dyed it in high school with Manic Panic, one of the blues, I'm pretty sure it was After Midnight, but it could have been Shocking Blue. I don't have any pictures, but it made my hair a bit darker overall, but didn't noticeably change the color. My hair still just looked dark, though in the sunlight blue highlights were very apparent.