PDA

View Full Version : Chopped it all off!!!!

Lola19
May 19th, 2013, 08:45 PM
So, in the beginning of March I wanted to have really red hair. I decided that in order to do it, I needed professional help. Well the girl had to bleach it to get it red, and it was fried!!! I mean fried. So, I'm starting fresh. I've never had hair shorter than shoulder length. I'm nervous and a little sad, but excited to grow out new virgin hair. Please tell me it looks ok.

Thanks
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/charimar19/46a2330b-c156-4972-b3aa-ebf05de399fe_zps2a2a79c2.jpg (http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/charimar19/media/46a2330b-c156-4972-b3aa-ebf05de399fe_zps2a2a79c2.jpg.html)

This is my hair a month ago. It would've been longer but I've had to keep trimming it. Last October I had the red bleached out. Now I don't know if to keep it this color or go back to red with henna. Any suggestions? My hair responds really well to henna. But I also just purchased Cassia to see how my hair likes it.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/saskiamoet/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/saskiamoet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg.html)

BambooBeauty
May 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM
You look so beautiful!!!

Islandgrrl
May 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
It's not long, but it sure is gorgeous!

allycat
May 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM
It's adorable and you look gorgeous!

akilina
May 19th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Its so cute though!! I think its really flattering and fun. It looks like super spunky and cute and just *fun* :o

ravenreed
May 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I love short hair just as much as long. I love the cut.

Lola19
May 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the compliments. I had a knot in my stomach and wanted to cry hard when she started cutting. But I hated how terrible my hair was. The photo in my signature is a few yrs old, so my hair did not look good. I'm sad, but I'm going to rock it and pray it hurries up and grows. Lol
I've ordered all my hair vitamins and I'm hoping it'll happen fast.
Thanks for being so nice. It's scary not having long hair. :-(

meishkamooshka
May 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I think it looks amazing! Go you!

lunalocks
May 19th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Very cute and really suits your face. You are going to look stunning with a crown braid!

Bagginslover
May 20th, 2013, 02:24 AM
It really suits you!! I love the colour too, goes really well with your complexion and make up choices! It might not be what you wanted, but it really does look fab!

PixieKitten
May 20th, 2013, 03:01 AM
It's a gorgeous colour, and looks lovely on you! :)

RavennaNight
May 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM
It looks sassy and flattering. Enjoy it! :)

sally_neuf
May 20th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Enjoy your pixie!! You look beautiful!! similar to Anne Hathaway particularly in the picture you posted! :)

AnnaB
May 20th, 2013, 04:07 AM
I think it really suits you! very edgy stylish cut! Good luck with growing your virgin hair. It will be worth it.

Falcore
May 20th, 2013, 04:23 AM
You're so pretty and your hair I think looks really nice. :)

shutterpillar
May 20th, 2013, 05:16 AM
It looks very flattering! I like it. :)

browneyedsusan
May 20th, 2013, 05:31 AM
You look darling! You've got spunk! (When I had a pixie, other women would approach, compliment, then admit that they always wanted to try super-short hair, but were afraid they wouldn't look good, their husband wouldn't like it, blah, blah, blah. You'll turn heads just a much as before, because of your "brave" haircut!) It's adorable! Rock the dickens out of it! :rockerdud

silverthread
May 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Its so cute though!! I think its really flattering and fun. It looks like super spunky and cute and just *fun* :o

This! You have the perfect features (big eyes, full lips) for that haircut. Flaunt it.

jacqueline101
May 20th, 2013, 06:54 AM
It looks good on you.

lapushka
May 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Please tell me it looks ok.

Don't let the length of your hair determine how you feel about yourself! It does look okay to me, a little short, but it'll grow in no time if you're that worried about it. I'm sorry the salon fried your hair. Still wanting to keep it red? Or are you going to let your natural hair grow out?

Lola19
May 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Don't let the length of your hair determine how you feel about yourself! It does look okay to me, a little short, but it'll grow in no time if you're that worried about it. I'm sorry the salon fried your hair. Still wanting to keep it red? Or are you going to let your natural hair grow out?

I'm still debating on that. My natural color is a golden medium brown, or at least it was about 15 yrs ago when I started coloring it red, lol. I love red, just love it. So I'm thinking maybe I'll only use henna on my virgin hair as it grows. I want to have the healthiest hair possible. Thanks for the kind words, I really do like it. I just did it yesterday and I woke up last night at 4am and wanted to throw up. I went to touch my hair and remembered I chopped it off and I had the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. That feeling you get when you've realized you've made a big mistake. lol I'm going to use this as a time of learning and to challenge myself, because I'm still quite nervous about it. haha
But coming here will help. I know there's the thread about super shorties, I have to find it again.....

joflakes
May 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
You look awesome! :D

Yozhik
May 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM
It looks really cute and you look gorgeous! :flowers:

Since you do seem to have a long love affair with red, I'd definitely suggest henna. :)

ozzy
May 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
it looks really cute on you, just lovely. Happy growing :)

WilfredAllen
May 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
It looks great!!! I love the colour! I love your lipstick too, but that's irrelevent.

I know that pit-in-stomach feeling that comes after a big cut well :(

PeacenQuietGal
May 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Its wonderful! So stylish - looks like this girl knows what she's doing!

* and if I had a pretty neck like you, I'd so have that cut right about now.

4C4rly4
May 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
looks very nice and edgy! and I'm loving the color:bluesmile

Vrindi
May 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
It looks awesome. You can really pull off short hair! Also, congrats on a fresh start!

Ashlbee
May 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
The thing is you have such a lovely face that pretty much any hair style will look great on you! In fact, I've read shorter hair is even more flattering than long when you have such a pretty face because it draws more attention to you and less to your hair. I know it seems like cold comfort, but your hair is going to grow back in great condition! I agree I think henna is a good option for you if you love the red and want the health. Once it grows out it will be stunning, and right now it is still a cool, edgy style and you look beautiful. Plus, now you'll never have to go though the whole 'I wish I knew what short hair was like/had tried it once' dilemma so many run into at some point. Potential curiosity satisfied!

alexis917
May 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I think it's really cute! It's nice to see a short haircut that isn't the 90s, soccer mom cut.
You know, frosted tips, slight lady mullet, two inch layers all over, AquaNet.....

Ishje
May 20th, 2013, 02:52 PM
it looks great on you! and don't worry, it will grow!

whichypoohs
May 20th, 2013, 02:55 PM
It looks gorgeous. Wish I was brave enough to do that:)

jeanniet
May 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
It really looks cute! Don't beat yourself up; if it was fried, you probably did the best thing rather than trying to deal with constant breakage, which can be very frustrating.

longNred
May 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM
It's adorable! Looks fantastic on you!

Lola19
May 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Thank you so much! I'm feeling better today, but I can't help but be shocked every time I pass a mirror. :-/
It is so very strange to feel the back of my head now. Lol

Jorja
May 21st, 2013, 02:39 AM
It does look really nice, the cut and the colour. It must feel nice to have damage free hair, you can now grow lovely healthy hair :) And yes, come to the henna side:D

MaryO
May 21st, 2013, 03:44 AM
Oooh, very pretty- it suits you very well!

Lola19
May 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Thank you! :-)

Lola19
May 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM
So it's been only one week since I cut my hair off. And I hate it!!! I don't understand why I didn't just cut it into a long bob. I am really having a hard time with it. It's as if something came over me, and I wanted it all off!! I know I had a lot of damage and it was driving me nuts, but my goodness. I hate it so much that I'm considering wearing a nice wig. Is that crazy?? Lol
Sorry, I'm just venting and I don't know where else to do it. I've started taking GNC's Ultra nourish hair in hopes that it'll make my hair grow an inch a month. This is going to be like watching paint dry.....

BlazingHeart
May 27th, 2013, 10:50 PM
It looks more than okay. It looks bold and confident, as well as flattering your face nicely.

Mingle
May 27th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I agree with BlazingHeart, it looks good. REALLY good. Like, you definitely pull it off well. I wish I could rock short hair like that! ;3

Wildcat Diva
May 27th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Dude, how pretty is your face?!? Lovely! Don't regret it one minute, you are beautiful! Looks great!

thistledown
May 28th, 2013, 01:09 AM
It's cute :)
Vanessa

Lola19
May 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks ladies for the support. I was having a moment last night. Lol. I have had long hair for the last 10 yrs....so it's been an adjustment. Haha
On a positive note, progress pics should be fun! :-)

Lola19
May 28th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Updated with new pics today.

elsieivy
May 28th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Updated with new pics today.

It looks great!

Puffer Fish
May 28th, 2015, 08:46 PM
If the new picture is closer to your natural color, I say keep it! It looks fabulous on you and helps your red lipstick really stand out in a good way.

Lola19
May 28th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks! No that's nowhere near my natural color. My natural color is more of a light golden brown. Or so it was back when I was 15, that's how long I've been dying my hair, i'm now 36. I just have to make a decision soon because I want to grow my hair back to almost waist length, which is where it was before I cut it two years ago. And I don't want to keep trimming. I want the best of both worlds I guess, fun color and healthy hair. I think the only way of having fun color and healthy would be henna though. But I'm not entirely sure just yet. I just wanted to post an update on the hair length.

Chocowalnut
May 28th, 2015, 10:59 PM
It's not long but your haircut and face is the type that makes people want to cut their long hair. So beautiful!

Lola19
May 29th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Aww, that's so sweet of you. Thank you. That's what I think about other women I see, not me, haha.

kitcatsmeow
May 29th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I love the color it is now. Suits you better than the red I think. And it will grow! It seems to be growing fast :)

parkmikii
May 29th, 2015, 08:03 AM
It looks amazing! ^^

missrandie
May 29th, 2015, 08:11 AM
I personally love it the way it is :)

aspartame gram
May 29th, 2015, 08:31 AM
I agree with everything everyone has said so far. You're beautiful! ...and I love that red lipstick in you, omg.

Thankfully, hair grows. You now have the tools to grow healthy hair to longer lengths. Plus, henna will definitely help and give you the red you love. When I did it, I noticed my hair felt thicker, so that's an added bonus. Just remember to gather hair to do a strand test! And research what kind of henna you'd like since the tone varies from orange to a deeper red. There are plenty of forums about that though to read when you decide to make the plunge.

browneyedsusan
May 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM
It's adorable! You look terrific! :thumbsup:

IMHO, chocolate brown is a gorgeous color. I can't pull it off, but think it's sexy and mysterious on other people. :)