PDA

View Full Version : Wanna go back cone-free again, suggestions?

daredevil14
May 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
OK I literally checked 80% of the market, sulfate-free shampoo is NOT there, the market is literally full of cones, sulfate and commercial products! :/

The only cone-free mask I found, which shall be used as a CO-wash, is Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. Thoughts? I have wavy/curly hair with frizz tendencies.

My hair itches alot! So I gotta find a way to clean my hair at least twice a week! Also as a leave-in, what do you suggest? I found Vatika coconut hair oil to also be cone-free, can I also CO-wash with this?

Thanks. :)

jeanniet
May 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Look at Shea Moisture. The moisture retention shampoo is really gentle, and sulfate-free. I'm CO now, so I don't use it much anymore, but it's great. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle is a good conditioner for CO. That's what I'm using now. Their Refresh is also popular. I've used Tresseme Naturals Moisture conditioner for CO as well. You may need to look outside the conventional product box--a lot of people use Suave and VO5 for CO, but for whatever reason those don't work for me. I can CO with pretty heavy conditioners, but for the most part conventional stuff doesn't agree with my hair (Pantene, Garnier, etc.).

I use the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Milk as a leave in. This stuff is amazingly moisturizing. I also dilute some with water in a spray bottle for a curl refresher and frizz fighter in the mornings. Don't try to mix it with anything but water, though. It tends to clump up if you do that.

I have itchy scalp problems, too, or I did. It's much improved with added moisture to my hair, and I also do a final citric acid rinse (1/4 tsp. to a gallon of water) before I use leave in. I have well water, so the citric acid is for that, but it's also made a big difference in the itch factor. So has leaving off with conventional shampoos, so part of your problem may simply be that your scalp is too dry and irritated.

starlamelissa
May 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM
lots of cone free stuff out there in the marketplace. Vo5 and suave naturals line conditioners, and sulfate free stuff, some baby shampoos and most baby washes, loreal everpure shampoo is sulfate free... thats the end of my knoweledge. I am a conehead sulphate foamy foam washer.

RavennaNight
May 19th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I agree on the Shea Moisture line <3. I'm about to embark on a cone-free adventure, because I am going to experiment with herb washing. Who knows how successful I will be, but that is an option too, if you want to get out of conventional products.

lunalocks
May 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I use desert Essence Organics shampoos. Used to use their conditioner too, but right now I am using catnip tea.

daredevil14
May 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thank you all for the information and suggestions.