PDA

View Full Version : How Do you get rid of that smokey smell?

Ayjay
May 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I did a quick search and didn't see and answer so....

I've been outside trying to help my husband do some yard work and some of that was burning dried wood and vines in the fire basket. So now my hair smells pretty smokey (even though I had to up and in a bun) I just washed my hair yesterday and its way too soon to wash it again. Does anyone have an good ways to get a smokey smell out of their hair without washing?

Any help would be awesome. :)

jacqueline101
May 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM
If try perfume sprayed on your hair.

Ayjay
May 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I tried that. Its a little better. Now it smells like Lush American Cream and smoke. *laugh*

leslissocool
May 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mmmhm I don't know, but I would wash and do a lemon rinse after, VERY diluted. Lemon seems to get rid of smells.

lunalocks
May 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
tough it out or wash today. shampoo will get the smell out.

akilina
May 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I'd just wash really even though you don't want to. That smell is probably not going anywhere. For some reason wood fire smoke really sticks on to people bad and doesn't seem to let up.

heidi w.
May 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
The only way to get obnoxious smells out of the hair is to simply wash it.
heidi w.

trolleypup
May 18th, 2013, 11:56 PM
A WO wash followed by a vinegar rinse (rinsed out) will do the trick.

Or...leave it down and let it air out...you will be the only person who can smell it after a day or so.

Next time, wear a Buff, a pony scrub (http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrub-Hats/Scrub-Hats-for-Women/Pony-Collection/) or something that covers your hair completely.

Ayjay
May 19th, 2013, 02:37 AM
It seems a bit better now that its morning. I'm glad its wood smoke and not something else. Thanks for the suggestions though.