PDA

View Full Version : Tricking my waves.....

silverthread
May 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4378&d=1368806769

I tried something different with my hairstyle today, to trick my waves into thinking they match:p I let it air dry with the part down the middle, then after it was dry, I parted it down the left. I don't know. It kind of gives the illusion of matching wave pattern. What do you think? Is it just wishful thinking?

Salmonberry
May 17th, 2013, 10:26 AM
It looks nice. :)

I'm assuming your hair is wavier underneath and straighter on the canopy. It's a pretty normal wave pattern, that's kind of how my hair is. It ranges from 1c on the top to 2a underneath. Then to top it off I've got 2c ringlets coming out of my temples :). I think the varied wave/curl patterns are visually interesting.

spidermom
May 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Matching wave pattern? What's that?

Nice photo; you look lovely.

silverthread
May 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It looks nice. :)

I'm assuming your hair is wavier underneath and straighter on the canopy. It's a pretty normal wave pattern, that's kind of how my hair is. It ranges from 1c on the top to 2a underneath. Then to top it off I've got 2c ringlets coming out of my temples :). I think the varied wave/curl patterns are visually interesting.

I'm going to repeat that phrase - "varied wave/curl patterns are visually interesting" - to myself often...LOL! It's a very positive way to look at it. And, yes, my hair ranges from 1c (much of canopy) to 2b (understory in front). It sort of matches my personality: predictably inconsistent. :D

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I don't know if this would work or not but I'd try a caterpillar braid might straighten out some of the wave redefine the rest.

lunalocks
May 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Kinda sorta matched waves. Very pretty hair! I know this issue well. Mega waves under canopy at the back right (where they started, and now they are spreading, but not fast enough) and straighter on canopy and in front and on top. Bangs pretty straight. I say I have wavy hair and people gape at me since most of it is hidden.