PDA

View Full Version : I’ve lost my way and I need your help ladies

Violeta
May 17th, 2013, 08:19 AM
In the past few years my life really changed. I moved on average of twice a year (just moved again 4 months ago). I don’t have an office job anymore, now I’m a coach and a fitness competitor so my hair takes quite a beating from training and just being very active. Most of my products don’t work the same anymore (probably something to do with the water change after every move). I keep buying new stuff that ends up in the junk / toss pile. It’s frustrating and a huge waste of money!

Right now I look just like my avatar lol :couch: so I decided to make a post and ask for help... I would really appreciate some shampoo and conditioner recs. My hair is a bit longer than bra strap, not quite at my waste. Scalp I’d say is normal/oily but of course the hair itself is drier.
Thank you :flower:

didrash
May 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Well, your avatar is mega cute, so if you look like it, its not a bad thing :). Just wanted to cheer you up. As for products, I have found the Kerastase for dry hair mask to do wanders, but it's really expensive.

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I like vo5 shampoo and conditioner tressemee shine spray as a summer routine. I like mane n tail products also my oil mix and Aussie 3 min deep conditioner.

meteor
May 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Frankly, the best effective conditioner I can recommend is coconut oil and extra-virgin olive oil pre- and/or post-wash. If you have other quality natural oils, why not try them?
I really think oiling helps dry hair more than any chemical conditioner.

I tried Kerastase shampoos and masques for months, if not years, but my hair just doesn't like this stuff, and I can't even tell why: way too many ingredients to investigate.

Suze2012
May 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
The best thing i have found for dry hair was ditching shampoo and co washing with a cheapo silicone free conditioner.
I so wash every day as I am pretty active and it doesn't dry my hair out anything like shampoo used to.

Your avatar is gorgoeus!! :0)

Hairitic
May 17th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Hi Violetta;
We don't know much about your hair type but I'll tell you about myself. I had dryish, naturally wavy/curly, frizzy hair with lots of split/broken ends that wouldn't grow past mid-back length all my life. Then I tried WEN Cleansing Conditioners. Well, it's been a total turnabout! Now, I only trim once or twice a year, have few if any split ends. My hair is shinier, softer, smoother and silkier and is now BCL length! I do also use a combo final rinse made up of Green Tea, Rooibos Tea, Catnip Tea and ACV. I also just tried and fell in love with a product from sheaterraorganics.com called Mongongo & Banana Deep Conditioning + Pre-Shampoo Hair Food Masque. It left my hair even softer, silker and shinier. I liked it so much I ordered 2 jars, lol! (It's not cheap but my hair is worth it.) WEN seems expensive but I find I use FAR less than suggested and it still does a perfect job. Also, I stretch washes as much as possible, usually about 7 days, as my scalp no longer gets oily. I don't use anything but the cleansing conditioner as it does the job well. (you can buy individual bottles of cleansing conditioner from QVC) If you want to try this idea without spending as much, Sally Beauty has a similar product which may give you good results and I think they have a trial size. Best wishes on your healthy hair journey. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions. ;)

Kherome
May 17th, 2013, 09:07 PM
WEN is just conditioner, coney condish I think I recall from reading the ingredients. So you can just go pick up any conditioner cones or not, as you prefer, and CO wash without paying the WEN price if you're interested in that Violeta. Lots of folks here swear by CO washing.