PDA

View Full Version : Rotating products, who does it?

starlamelissa
May 16th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I have always bought my shampoo and condish, used it up, and then would buy more as needed. I just used one product at a time. My hair is pretty long and it fits with my minimalist self.

A friend told me she keeps three shampoos and conditioners and uses whatever she feels her hair needs on the day.

Hmm, we'll I do get bored of the same smell all the time, so I bought a protein shampoo and conditioner by finesse, to alternate with my moisturizing tresemme vitamin e set(super duper detangler!), and my suave sleek set(my favorite everyday clean). I like having smell choices, and I wonder if its any better for the hair. I have read some good things about the penetrating ability of hydrolized silk protein on porous hair, so I wanted to add it to my regimen.

Anyone here rotate products? If not, why? If so, what to you use?

Angelica
May 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I am currently using Lavera Mild Shampoo (because I want to go cruelty free with my products), and at the same time finishing using up Naked Detox (by Boots) because I wanted a clarifying type of shampoo to see what the thing is regarding these, and also am using up the left overs of growth shampoo that I have decided is not doing anything for my hair. But I don't like wasting products, so need to use them up. The Lavera one is lovely, and the Detox one, not sure what to think. It emphasises how thin and straight my hair is but at the same time it makes the hair look super shiny and dark. Conditioner wise, sometimes it is the growth forumla one, sometimes a spray in one from Boots (because it helps to detangle it) and sometimes Ojon Oil. Sometimes no conditioner at all. I've never had so many hair products on the go at the same time! I do try and stretch washes out, but neither my hair nor my scalp likes that.

Jorja
May 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I counted 11 open bottles of conditioner in my bathroom the other day. I bought another today and have one coming with my online shopping! My favourite is Superdrugs cherry and fig, it just smells lovely like sweeties. I get bored easily and love using a new conditioner! I have 4 bottles of coney conditioner as I keep switching to cone/cone free. I'm about to try CO washing again.

Shampoo wise, I have Superdrugs anti dandruff for men, Naked sulphate free and I will be using Tesco coconut and almond for CO washing. I'm obsessed with new conditioners, always seeking the magic conditioner that will give me perfect hair.

I sometimes use too much on purpose so that I can use it up and buy another one.

Oil wise, I have evoo, mineral, almond, jojoba, coconut and Vatika amla (or something like that). Coconut oil hates me, the Vatika is too heavy, but I regularly use the others. Almond and the evoo when I'm using coney conditioners, and mineral when I'm dabbling in CO. The coconut oil is sitting in the kitchen cupboard waiting for a new purpose.

I have no self control in purchasing new products, Luckily the conditioners aren't expensive and the oils last aaaaaaaages :D

Carolyn
May 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I do. I've done it for years. My hair would be a lank, greasy, dull mess if I didn't rotate products. Once in a great while I use the same products 2 washes in a row and I always, every single time pay the price for it with nasty hair after the second wash. For years, I've heard others say it works for them too but I'm not really sure why. But I don't have to know exactly WHY, I just know that it works for me. My hair likes a varied diet of products. I have way way more than just 3 shampoos and 3 conditioners in my bathroom. 3 of each would be what I would take with me if I was going away for a week. I like to vary the scent of my products. I never get bored with changing scents. I will throw in a coney conditioner once in a while and I know I need to use a clarifying shampoo about every 2-3 weeks. I would suggest rotating products to anyone who suffers from lank, dull hair.

Suze2012
May 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I never used to when i used shampoo and conditioner but i do now i co wash.

I have a variety of conditioners for the changes in weather we're getting at the moment and also I just use a different one every few days and it refreshes my hair a bit like clarifying.

I also now have a summer/winter regime too using different conditioners and different products in my hair.

spidermom
May 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I usually only have one shampoo/conditioner set in the bathroom, a deep treatment, and a clarifying shampoo. Other people live here, and they have their own sets of products.

If I'm not satisfied with my products, I will certainly buy something different when I run out, but I really don't like having too many things sitting around open.

lapushka
May 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
We have about 3 shampoos and 3 conditioners on rotation. That's not the only thing. For styling, I also have 4 serums to choose from, 3 gels, and 3 leave-ins. Though it's all available, sometimes we don't rotate, and just use the same thing as before. It depends on the day, and the mood. :shrug:

rock007junkie
May 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I do it all the time. One of the plights of being a product junkie. I don't do it so much with shampoos but definitely with conditioners and leave-ins. I rotate them according to my hair's needs (protein, more moisture, etc) and mostly according to my mood since they all smell different.

starlamelissa
May 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I keep a set in the shower and the other two sets in the bathroom storage cabinet. My shower would be too cluttered otherwise. I have a thing about clutter, I hate it violently.

And I already have kids watermelon shampoo for my son, lavender baby wash for daughter, and dandruff shampoo for men in there. Oh and 3 bars of soap, antibacterial gold, lava, and unscented white soap for tender parts. We be lovers of the almighty bar here. Lol

joflakes
May 16th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I don't...I can't afford to! I like to use up what I have before I buy more, but I tend to buy different each time. At the moment I am using the 'This one' range from Superdrug with their light hair oil. Not sure if it is working but I'm gonna wait and see!

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm a seasonal rotation person.

KittyBird
May 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm a 'poo bar user and I usually rotate between several bars and samples. I just use whatever I feel like on wash day, and sometimes I end up using two different bars when washing my hair. Right now I only have 3 bars to choose from, CV Nettle, Butter Bar and Coconut Milk, but I'm planning a big splurge in June.

Back when I used conventional products, I usually had 2-3 different brands of shampoo and conditioner in the shower. I've always liked having a bit of variety. :)

Coolcombination
May 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM
At the moment I have these shampoos open
Body shop banana shampoo
Holland and barretts coconut protein shampoo
Timotei pure
Simple mild shampoo
Brunette expressions (sulphates)

And these conditioners:
Timotei pure
Brunette glaze (cones)
Simple conditioner
Tresemme vitamin e

akilina
May 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I definitely use something different every day. My hair has been such a picky jerk lately that I havent been happy with any products and I buy more and they don't seem to work either. If I switch it up daily I can tolerate them a little more.

I always switch up my leave ins too just on how Im feeling. I absolutely adore leave ins..they really are the ones that make my hair look and feel great over anything else and work their magic :o. I usually will actually use two in one day..Right after the shower when its all wet, then a little later on when its almost dry I go along and put some more in. Some days later in the day once its dry, I will even put some sort of oily serum in if it feels like it might need it.

It sounds like I use alot of leave ins but recently I bleached out all my ends though and went purple, then the other night I bleached between the root, and down to the point where the purple ends had started so my hair is more all over purple now. It definitely needs all the help it can get.

It seems that I switch everything depending on how I am feeling...body wash, body lotion, face wash, toner after washing my face...hmmmm... I love the variety and it seems to work out best for me personally. I think the biggest thing for me is that I love all the different smells.

Buddaphlyy
May 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I do and I don't. I purchase my haircare products in seasonally and in bulk, so I usually have one of each type open. If I have more than one of the same type of product, it's usually because I need to balance the protein and moisture. My hair is high maintenance so I have to. And I also have lots of samples. But those usually get used up the first time I open them, so I don't count them in "rotation". I live with my family and while we occasionally use each other stuff, we still usually only have 1 of our own things open.

The products I currently have open are

Motion Lavish Conditioning Shampoo
L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Conditioner (use this to co wash with)
Silk Elements MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment (moisturizing DC)
Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor (protein treatment)
Safflower Oil
I'm trying various samples sizes of leave-ins. None seem to work for me.

truepeacenik
May 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I keep one liquid conditioner open. My partner and I share the conditioner, and we have a bottle of shampoo for him. I will clarify with it on occasion.
I use bars; sls, soap and cone conditioner; and keep pieces of each in a soap dish. I try to have only one of each out at a time, but will swap them with bars in the cabinet.

CurlyMopTop
May 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Lol, I used to use the exact same products everyday and then I found LHC, learned about the CG method, and a lot of other stuff. Now I can officially call myself a product junky! My shower and under the sink cabinet is full of hair products of all kinds! I'm doing my best to not buy more and use up what I have with the exception of a few products I use more regularly because they work for me. Some that are Definately no nos I use for body wash or shaving cream, but it's still taking forever! Even pawned some off on the kids and still stocked!

RavennaNight
May 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I rotate. There's really no rhyme or reason to it though. I think I'm just about wrapping up a coney phase, and am about to start experimenting with herb washing. I have, in rotation, Pantene beautiful lengths, New Old Herbal Essences rose hips, New Old HE shine, and tresseme Naturals conditioners in rotation. Shampoos are Shea moisture, herbal essences, and Pantene aqua light As I said ^^ coney phase :).

I recently sampled shikakai and brahmi powders for washing, and am en route to play with that. I hope it's successful, as the samples were great, and who knows? My routine has changed so much as to products.

nobeltonya
May 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I rotate b/w 2 or 3 different shampoos, but that's about it.. it will last me about a month or so, and once one is finished I will buy a different one: generally either Sunsilk Soft & Smooth Egg Protein [yellow], Sunsilk Thick & Long [pink] or Dabur Vatika Rejuvenating Egg Protein. I was using Aussie Miraculously Smooth Conditioner for like 1.5 years, and in the last few months switched to Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I get the big pump one and it'll last like a month. :) I'll stick with the same conditioner for a while. Been using the same leave-in [GF Sleek & Shine leave-in cream] for like 2 years now. :disco:

RedBlue
May 17th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I rotate just the shampoos and conditioners. As of now, I am using three different brands. I have a sulfate free Joico color s & c, lower sulfated Tresemme Naturals, and regular Radiant Red. As for styling products, I have four, all by Garnier Fructis. I use the serum, smoothing milk, leave in conditioner, and anti breakage spray. Every wash, I use just one product and the spray.
I always try to keep a color safe s&c in the shower, because I do color my hair from time to time.

Cowgirl16
May 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I don't know where I fit in:

I have 3 bottles of conditioner in the shower; 1 bottle with a bunch of different conditioners; 1 deep moisture and 1 regular. I use which ever bottle of conditioner I'm in the mood for.
I have 2 bottles of shampoo in the shower; 1 that I use until gone then replace, and one shampoo plus conditioner that I use on the length of my hair (and yes I wash my hair all the way to the ends; if I don't shampoo the ends they are crunchy and horrible) :)
I also have several different conditioners and shampoos along with several leave-in procucts in the cupboard that I may use on a whim. :D

jeanniet
May 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I have lots of stuff, but don't rotate. My hair doesn't like much, but I'm always looking anyway. Once I find something that works, I pretty much stick with it (other than trying out something new that "might" be better :rolleyes:). So I use few products, but have lots and lots of bottles with just a bit used out of them.

Lilli
May 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I do. I've done it for years. My hair would be a lank, greasy, dull mess if I didn't rotate products. Once in a great while I use the same products 2 washes in a row and I always, every single time pay the price for it with nasty hair after the second wash. For years, I've heard others say it works for them too but I'm not really sure why. But I don't have to know exactly WHY, I just know that it works for me. My hair likes a varied diet of products. I have way way more than just 3 shampoos and 3 conditioners in my bathroom. 3 of each would be what I would take with me if I was going away for a week. I like to vary the scent of my products. I never get bored with changing scents. I will throw in a coney conditioner once in a while and I know I need to use a clarifying shampoo about every 2-3 weeks. I would suggest rotating products to anyone who suffers from lank, dull hair.

This is me, exactly. Maybe it's a light-haired thing?

excentricat
May 17th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I use the same conditioner but I do rotate shampoos. I have a sulfate one and a non-sulfate one. Rotation between them makes my hair happier than either one on its own.

Carolyn
May 17th, 2013, 09:25 PM
This is me, exactly. Maybe it's a light-haired thing?It could be! I think blonde hair shows lankness and greasiness faster than darker hair. My friends who claim they wash only twice a week and use the same products all the time are all dark haired. I know my hair can get icky and piecey in hours under the right conditions. Believe me, straight blonde hair that gets piecey looks dirty.

icallitbliss
May 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I have a cabinet full of products that I tried and didn't like. Some I could have even returned, but never bothered. My friends come to me when they need shampoo or conditioner.

But yes, my hair is better when I rotate. I tend to stick with two, maybe three brands. Depends on the day. My hair's kinda going through a crisis right now, so I'm using one product more than the others (Joico). Garnier Triple Nutrition comes in a close second, and it's cheap at the drugstore.

Natalia
May 17th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I used to when i used them regularly. Now im WO and use the same shampoo when its needed (usually 2 - 3 timesa year) and my condish chages depending on how my hair is acting i usually have 3 around. 1 for DT's, 1 for tangles, and 1 for whatever lol maybe becasue it smells nice maybe for scalp issues.

Lilli
May 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
It could be! I think blonde hair shows lankness and greasiness faster than darker hair. My friends who claim they wash only twice a week and use the same products all the time are all dark haired. I know my hair can get icky and piecey in hours under the right conditions. Believe me, straight blonde hair that gets piecey looks dirty.

I recently got a shower filter and was able to go two solid days without washing and my hair didn't look darker or dirty. (We have very hard well water and a softener that adds salts.)

chen bao jun
May 23rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I always use the same thing until its finished, at least. (unless its completely horrible)
But then, I eat the same thing for breakfast every single day, also.

starlamelissa
May 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Lol I eat a peanut butter sandwich everyday for breakfast.

starlamelissa
May 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
I love all the different responses here.

kidari
May 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
I rotate a few sets of shampoos and conditioners as well as treatments, leave-ins of all kinds, and etc. I even vary my washing methods. For example I will do a heavy oiling followed by a shampoo and condition. The next day I may do an SMT as a CO wash. The next day might be a WO wash. The day after that I'll do a coconut milk soak and another shampoo and condition (maybe the same set as the other day or maybe an entirely different set). I don't even always use the matching conditioner to the shampoo in the set either. After my wash I like to choose different leave-ins depending on anything from how I feel, what my hair is like, or what I've done to it recently. My last wash I used Rusk Sensories Smoother leave-in conditioner and lightly distributed some Alterna smooth Kendi oil then spray some Aveda Pure Abundance style prep before I blow dried my roots. When hair was 90% dry I sprayed some coney argan oil spray and put it in a high bun for sleep. Sometimes I use one leave-in, most of the times 2, and sometimes more. It's fun and I like to think of it as a "cocktail" of leave-ins to hopefully achieve a perfect look I'm after that day.

MaryO
May 24th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I thought it was very normal to have a ton of different kind of shampoos and conditioners in your shower bathroom. :blushing: I think the reason I have different ones is because my hair might have different needs and more importantly I have different moods, and I use whatever suits the day, just like perfume and clothes...

meteor
May 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I rotate, shampoos especially, because I don't like all the chemical ingredients. I think rotating helps a bit to avoid buildup, because one imperfect product is washing out another imperfect product. I haven't found a great shampoo yet, so I use:
- one sulphate-free shampoo (when my hair is almost clean),
- 2 sulphate shampoos (one gentler one harsher - depending on needs that day),
- one clarifying shampoo (usually once a month).

I rotate conditioners, too:
- one protein-rich conditioner (once or twice a month),
- one watery conditioner (when my hair is already well-conditioned with oils),
- one thick coney, buttery deep-treatment masque (when my hair is very dry).
- a mix of different conditioners (just to use up my stash).

poli
February 24th, 2016, 03:32 AM
I know it is an old thread but I think instead of making new one we can resurrect it :)
I was wondering how many people like to rotate products?
At first I just wanted to use the stash but now I think my hair actually likes changing products, mostly conditioners (coney, no cones, protein, moisturising etc.)
I rotate shampoo with indian herbal wash too. But mostly conditioners. Good excuse to buy new stuff from time to time :couch:

Arctic
February 24th, 2016, 03:48 AM
I rotate products, but have few trusty ones that are my main products. I like trying new things occasionally, and in general different shampoos and conditioners have different effects.

Shampoos:
- clarifying shampoo
- my main shampoo (sulphates, with small quantity of piroctone olamine, has protein. While this is calming, I don't consider it medicated shampoo.)
- sulphate-free shampoo with piroctone olamine, protein-free. Bought to see if could replace at least partially the above mentioned main shampoo, because my hair doesn't like protein, yet my scalp loves loves piroctone olamine. I'm still undecided whether I'll re-buy this one when this is finished up. I consider this a medicated shampoo as it's from pharmacy and has higher level of piroctone olamine.
- sulphate-free shampoo (no protein)
- Urtekram lavendar shampoo (love it, a long time staple)
- and final addition, first time in for ever, ketoconazole containing medicated shampoo for irritated scalp

--> basically I like to have my main shampoo, urtekram shampoo and sulphate free shampoo in everyday rotation. Medicated shampoos and clarifying shampoos are special cases.

Conditioners:
- main conditioner
- in addition I try various conditioner that fit my requirement of no protein, no silicones, no oils, no irritating smells... I rarely re-buy them because I rarely find one I really really like. I think I have now 3 or maybe 4, plus one that was downgraded to shaving.

poli
February 24th, 2016, 04:10 AM
I rotate products, but have few trusty ones that are my main products.

Yes, good point. I forgot to mention - my go to products are just one shampoo and one conditioner. Surprising to me they are both sulfate and silicone free, I was not looking for that in my fave products, just for them to be cruelty free (which they also are).

Arctic
February 24th, 2016, 04:25 AM
I love buying environmentally friendly, cruelty free and vegan products when I can, but unfortunately with my problem skin I have other things that weight more. It makes me sad but it's something I have had to accept. But my non-medicated sulphate-free shampoo and Urtekram shampoo fit this bill. I also like to buy Finnish or at least European products.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have shampoo bar too (Finnish, vegan). It wasn't that great for my hair or scalp, and I haven't used it in ages. Will not buy again.

Frankenstein
February 24th, 2016, 06:06 AM
I have a bunch of products I rotate. I change shampoos every 3 washes and change conditioner every wash usually.

lapushka
February 24th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I rotate my shampoos - sometimes. And as far as conditioner goes, I just use up product after product. Sometimes they are the same, other times I use different products. ;)

Carolyn
February 24th, 2016, 08:32 AM
It's nice to see this thread bumped back up. I'm still rotating products. Once in a while I will use a shampoo twice in a row but not often. I am using the blueviolet products a lot now so I've purchased every one I can find and I rotate those along with my stash busting. I still have about 3 big laundry baskets of old products to use up.

lapushka
February 24th, 2016, 08:57 AM
I do a weekly wash, and every time I wash, I blog about product use and routine. My posts almost repeat themselves week to week, but the products sometimes change out, and my routine slightly varies. This is how I keep track of my product use!

Maybe that's a good idea for others to do as well!

Atarah
February 24th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I don't rotate as often as some of you. Usually a quarter way through the bottle I'll switch to a different set (S&C) and only rotate between two sets. Just this past week I switched (for a short time) to a new conditioner; we'll see if I keep that in the rotation or not.

ko6kin
February 25th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I rotate my products constantly, Lapushka where is your blog, can you give the link, please?

lapushka
February 25th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I rotate my products constantly, Lapushka where is your blog, can you give the link, please?

Under my avatar picture, is a link. ;) Just click on the n° of blog entries.

ko6kin
February 25th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Thanks Lapushka, cannot see it - ko6kin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons
actually i cannot access even my own profile ! every time i try this message pops up!

velvet orchid
February 25th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I think my hair is the queen of rotation, I can very rarely find a product my hair likes for an extended period so every wash will normally have a different set of products depending on what my hair wants that day. sometimes protein, sometimes moisture or sometimes it decides to throw a tantrum and lie flat and dull no matter what I do. but rotation definitely ensures more good hair days than bad.

Arctic
February 25th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks Lapushka, cannot see it - ko6kin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons
actually i cannot access even my own profile ! every time i try this message pops up!

Patience, Grasshopper! :flower:

You are probably very soon allowed to the next privilege level, after which you can access profiles, I think also blogs. Newbie forum has vey useful stickies that are worth to read through.

ko6kin
February 25th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Patience, Grasshopper! :flower:

You are probably very soon allowed to the next privilege level, after which you can access profiles, I think also blogs. Newbie forum has vey useful stickies that are worth to read through.

Ha-ha ! Thanks Arctic, but it's look a bit funny, to have this message when trying to access my own profile :)

P.S
Y-E-EY!:cheer: permission is granted! Now i can even edit my own posts!

Arctic
February 25th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Ha-ha ! Thanks Arctic, but it's look a bit funny, to have this message when trying to access my own profile :)

Yes the new members post about that all the time (and do not read the stickies, lol ;) ). The forum software doesn't differentiate between your own profile or others'. Looks like your privilege level is now Member so you should be able to see profiles now, and access blogs.

meteor
February 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Welcome aboard, ko6kin! :cheer:

Yes, I think 25 posts is the magic number, after which one can do a lot more stuff: accessing profiles, blogs, sending/receiving PMs, etc... ;)

As for product rotation, I still do this :), especially with clarifying vs. gentler shampoos, protein vs. moisturizing conditioners. We have big seasonal changes here and my hair responds to that, so I don't really use the same products all year round. Some treatments I like are very coney, and I like to switch that up with lighter ones, to avoid build-up.

missrandie
February 25th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I've been rotating (rather sporadically) my conditioners. Now that I know for sure which of my conditioners my hair likes and responds to, I can go by how my hair feels.

Protein conditioners: Mane N Tail original, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Coconut, Honest Company (won't buy again, but works well enough)

Light conditioner: Suave Daily clarifying.

All moisture: Suave Cherry Blossom, Suave apple.

Yay for choices!

ko6kin
February 25th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard, ko6kin! :cheer:

Yes, I think 25 posts is the magic number, after which one can do a lot more stuff: accessing profiles, blogs, sending/receiving PMs, etc... ;)

As for product rotation, I still do this :), especially with clarifying vs. gentler shampoos, protein vs. moisturizing conditioners. We have big seasonal changes here and my hair responds to that, so I don't really use the same products all year round. Some treatments I like are very coney, and I like to switch that up with lighter ones, to avoid build-up.

Thank you meteor!

Complexity
February 25th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I'm horrible for buying whatever's on sale and just using that. I'm working on an actual 'routine'.

IIRC, my hair absolutely adored HE's HH.

lapushka
February 25th, 2016, 03:34 PM
I'm horrible for buying whatever's on sale and just using that. I'm working on an actual 'routine'.

IIRC, my hair absolutely adored HE's HH.

HE HH conditioner is my Holy Grail! :D

Jadestorm
February 27th, 2016, 04:54 AM
Yes, I always rotate my products and I'm not just talking about hair products. When it comes to shampoo, conditioner and hair masks I tend to use something else than what I used the previous washing day. When it comes to oil treatments and leave-ins I rotate a little less. I feel it works better for me to not use the same product until the bottle is empty, my hair doesn't like that. So I always have about 3 or 4 different ones and rotate them.

Shelley48
February 27th, 2016, 06:51 AM
I rotate, but not in any fixed sort of way. I think I just get tired of a product, get used to how it looks/makes me hair feel, and then think it stops working. Then I find myself coming back to it weeks or months later.

Arctic
February 27th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Yes, I always rotate my products and I'm not just talking about hair products. When it comes to shampoo, conditioner and hair masks I tend to use something else than what I used the previous washing day. When it comes to oil treatments and leave-ins I rotate a little less. I feel it works better for me to not use the same product until the bottle is empty, my hair doesn't like that. So I always have about 3 or 4 different ones and rotate them.

Interestingly, I don't rotate other than hair products. I have my trusty work horses and I can use same stuff for years, often until it's discontinued.

rosey4exclaim
February 27th, 2016, 09:57 AM
I don't know WHY I never thought of doing this. It sounds awesome. It would be nice to have a sulfate- and cone-free line as an option. However, I only wash my hair once a week, so it seems like it would take forever to get through them all. xD

Groovy Granny
February 27th, 2016, 09:19 PM
I tend to rotate in the sense that I occasionally use a wee bit of shampoo to clarify in my CO routine, and that will call for a heavier conditioner.
Depending on the air (dry or humid) I will use heavier or lighter products
I have silver, moisture, and clarifying shampoos; suave, joico, silver, and kpak conditioners.

purpleelephant
February 27th, 2016, 10:04 PM
It's less of a set rotation, and more of a "throw something new in there and see how the hair reacts" (leave in, oil, non-conventional washing, etc.) Then again, i've only been at this whole not-killing-your-hair thing for about a year or so.