PDA

View Full Version : The Leave-in Conditioner Thread!

lilliemer
May 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
So, I wanted to create this thread to share ideas/recipes for leave-in conditioners...It seems that this used to be a much more popular product but I don't see very many for sale any more. Of course many people just take regular conditioner and don't rinse it out but it would be great to hear

1) What conditioners do you like as leave-ins?
2) Do you dilute?
3) Any 'home remedies' (not oils)

??

CurlyMopTop
May 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I've used Loreal's eversleek leave-in condish, Paul Mitchel's The Conditioner (don't use this one anymore), KKNT as a leave-in condish, and Giovanni Direct Leave-in. Currently I mix with Argan Oil, but Sometimes I mix with a little hair gel or aloe Vera gel. The Loreal was great throughout the winter. Now that the weather is changing, I'm finding that I don't need as much conditioning power. :D

Suze2012
May 15th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I have been using the L'oreal Eversleek leave in also and I was planning on lessening the amount or finding another for summer but we're back to cold wintry conditions here so I only briefly had the chance to try out a summer routine as yet.

I've seen that L'Oreal Evercurl is now available in the US - I've no idea if it is cone free though.

CurlyMopTop
May 15th, 2013, 05:34 AM
I believe that it is cone free, but I haven't tried it yet. I have quite the stash going on underneath my bathroom sink right now that I'm trying to use up before making any new purchases. Wish me luck!

Cowgirl16
May 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I use Paul Mitchells leave-in conditioner. I mix it with either shea butter; coconut oil or both. My hair is super soft and shiny. :)

Aeris
May 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I use my regular old Suave Naturals (not diluted, but just a dab) for a leave-in. Makes my hair smell good, and helps a lot with my frizz.

Vivalagina
May 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I use Kinky Curly Knot Today as a rinse out and leave-in. It's a great detangler for me.

Angelica
May 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I use a leave-in spray conditioner by Boots, it smells of coconuts. It detangles the hair nicely.

Annibelle
May 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I use Beautiful Curls leave-in for wavy hair. (They also have a curly/kinky line.) It smells like chamomile and I adore it. :) My straight-haired DH also uses it.

rock007junkie
May 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I sometimes just use a bit of my conditioner as a leave in and it works well. My favorite ones are Shescentit avocado conditioner, CoilyHeadChick's hair treat. I have many other's I experiment with but these two are fail-proof.

starlamelissa
May 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I love leave ins!!! I use Paul Mitchell's the conditioner, and suave sleek anti frizz cream alterately.I also have used herbal essences long term relationship leave in with happy results.

i don't do as well with serums.

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I use vo5 keep it strong cream it's discontinued.

jeanniet
May 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I love Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk. It's great stuff and very moisturizing. I also dilute it with water in a spray bottle and use it for refreshing and moisturizing.

Libbylou
May 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Paul Mitchell the conditioner. I will be using it for a long long time. DH bought the 33.8oz last time. I only use about a pea size amount. I would like to try toadstoolsoaps leave in. One of Cheryl's fantastic scents. I just can not justify buy more when we have this big bottle of PM.

chen bao jun
May 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I liked Tressemme smooth and silky (that might be the wrong name) but since I've run out, I've been using Garnier Triple Nutrition. It's not supposed to be a leave it but it works fine. I'm a curly. Over at Teri laFlesh's site, tightlycurly.com she had a list of conditioners you can leave in and i got both ideas from her.
I tried Aussie moist and I hated it as a leave in.
I dont' do well with leave ins that are sold as leave ins (as opposed to just regular conditioners that I leave in). I tried a few and hated them, they gummed up my hair. Kinky curly knot today was okay but not as nice as Garnier and Tressemme and way more expensive. But I think I have a different hair type than you. I'm a 3c and I need LOTS of leave in to prevent my hair getting dry.
Edited to add: I also like flax seed gel with a little lavender in it. And I use a spray for a leave in made of rosewater, aloe vera gel and just a touch of glycerin, sometimes too.

silverthread
May 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I use Beautiful Curls leave-in for wavy hair. (They also have a curly/kinky line.) It smells like chamomile and I adore it. :) My straight-haired DH also uses it.

This! I use just a dab after my vinegar/water rinse and it seems to control frizz and makes my hair soft and shiny. Love it.

nobeltonya
May 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I've been using GF Sleek & Shine Leave-in cream for like 2 years now, and my hair seems to appreciate it. :) Much less frizz and it even waves a little more with it. However, I did notice that I was applying more than I needed b/c it was making my hair straw-like and dull.. so I reduced the amount I was using and that fixed it! I use it every morning after washing. I don't really use anything else, except oil at night. Regular old shampoo and conditioner. :disco:

RedBlue
May 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
ATM, I am using all Garnier Fructis leave-ins. I have the conditioning cream, smoothing milk, and serum. I rotate them.

Indigostreams
May 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I use a small dab of Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner.

long&blonde
May 17th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Garner Fructose leave in conditioner here. Why do most leave in conditioners come in such tiny bottles! When I buy it, I buy the 4-6 bottles they have, use till I run out again.

marykatz
May 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I use a small amount of V05 on soaking wet hair.

Nique1202
May 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I use two of the Body Shop's line: Radiance (UV/colour protection, because I dye my hair) and Moisture (slightly thicker/more moisturizing). I usually choose which one based on the weather forecast (cloudy=Moisture, sunny and humid-Radiance, sunny and dry=mixture)

KittyBird
May 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
I recently started using a leave-in conditioner. It's by Garnier Fructis and it's meant for curly hair, but my waves seem to really like it. It makes my hair very smooth and easy to detangle. I use it on both wet and dry hair.

Lorisal
May 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
I use some TRESemmé Luxurious Moisture conditioner diluted with water in a spray bottle as my leave-in conditioner.

cmg
May 21st, 2013, 05:36 PM
I liked Tressemme smooth and silky (that might be the wrong name) but since I've run out, I've been using Garnier Triple Nutrition. It's not supposed to be a leave it but it works fine. I'm a curly. Over at Teri laFlesh's site, tightlycurly.com she had a list of conditioners you can leave in and i got both ideas from her.
I tried Aussie moist and I hated it as a leave in.
I dont' do well with leave ins that are sold as leave ins (as opposed to just regular conditioners that I leave in). I tried a few and hated them, they gummed up my hair. Kinky curly knot today was okay but not as nice as Garnier and Tressemme and way more expensive. But I think I have a different hair type than you. I'm a 3c and I need LOTS of leave in to prevent my hair getting dry.
Edited to add: I also like flax seed gel with a little lavender in it. And I use a spray for a leave in made of rosewater, aloe vera gel and just a touch of glycerin, sometimes too.

Same here. Everything.

I mix in some avocado, coconut or almond oil in the leavein too, mostly in soaking wet hair but also sometimes between hair washes.

/ CMG

Apriori
May 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
I use John Masters Bare Unscented Detangler as a leave in. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and moisturized.

starlamelissa
May 22nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
Yay tori laflesh! The woman who wiped away my fears about sulphates and cones. I'm a wavy, but I learned a ton from her

chevelure
May 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
I use a mix of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, aloe vera gel, and argan oil. It does a great job of locking in moisture and making my hair smooth and tangle-free. No crunchy ends, either :)

alexis917
May 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
I LOVE Aussie's Hair Insurance.
I put four spritzes into my palm and smooth it through my hair, mostly on my ends, but everywhere else, too.
It smells good, and makes my hair very soft and shiny!
It also says it's a heat protectant, but I don't know if that's true, I haven't heat styled with it yet....

Firefox7275
May 27th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I'm experimenting with all sorts of leave ins concentrating most on ceramides, natural oils especially those rich in lauric or oleic acid, hydrolysed protein, panthenol, the behentrimoniums. Old formula Fructis Sleek & Shine, Curl Harmony Curl Reviver, Komaza Care Matani repair spray, Komaza Care coconut, Komaza Care Moja.