PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else growing out from super short?

driven fool
August 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I've noticed a recent trend in the top threads of people with certain lengths of hair looking to grow it longer find each other. Well here I am starting a thread for all of us who are growing their hair out from super short.

I just reached a mini-milestone, I'm able to see my hair without a mirror. In the last couple of days I've started to notice the very end of my hair right at the top of my vision. :D

Shanarana
August 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I know there are many here that I'm sure will chime in.

Happy growing!!!

serious
August 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hi ! I was super short at october 07. Now I am about shoulder lenght, it is not easy but, with all support I get from this great community, I enjoy my longhair jorney !

HairyCarrie
August 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Me, me, shorty here. I can now feel the back lowest layer of hair on my collar. That's like a milestone for me :)

I've had my hair short for so long. I am loving the new feeling of stuff on my head - I like playing with it, combing it, trying out little hairtoys, etc. It's an adventure and I hope to see it through to waist.

I want to be a little old lady one day with a nice bun... :D

Arctic
August 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I have started from pixie cut :) Congratulations from your milestone!

chrissy-b
August 28th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I shaved my head a couple of years ago (also had a pixie through most of my 20's), and I cut it to chin length last January and have been serious about growing it long ever since.

Kirin
August 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Started over a year ago with two inch long hair all over my head. Passing APL now, after two small 1/2 inch trims to start getting out the whackadoodle layers.

Shadow Walker
August 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
When I started growing my hair, I was bald and had kept my hair extremely short for years. Now I'm closing in on waist length, and hopefully will be there by the new year or not too long after.

Congrats on your progress, and happy growing!

thankyousir74
August 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I reached that mile stone about a year ago...Now I'm waiting for all my layers to pass shoulder length, I just wish you a happy growing :D

skydancer7
August 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Definitely starting from short, as you can see in my avatar.

I am getting to the point where I can aaaaalmost see some hair coming past my ears; in another month or two I should be at a jaw-lenght bob.

So far my moto is: if a watched pot never boils, watched hair never grows!

lawyermom
August 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Me. And Kirin - that is a very inspiring story. APL seems so far away, but a year? I can do a year :)

trollkjerring
August 29th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Another pixie checking in. I cut my waistlong hair back to get rid of the dyed hair and I plan to grow to classic. My first goal is chinlength hair without layers and I hope to reach that in about 12 to 14 months.

This time I make sure to enjoy every step of the journey and be happy with my hair at any length, we can do that:)

trollkjerring

pixiegirl
August 29th, 2008, 01:49 AM
This thread is definitely inspiring for people like me growing out from a mistaken pixie cut. I see that people find themselves with short hair for many reasons and can easily dedicate themselves to growing it back out.

Dee 08
August 29th, 2008, 02:55 AM
These are really inspiring stories.

alinakathryn
August 29th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Yes, me too. Well, not super duper short but I recently had about 5 inches cut off to make my hair a collar lenght bob. I cut it off thinking I had to to make it more heathly after the perm I had on that part of my hair. Its good to know I was wrong. I'll be only getting trims from now on.

vampodrama
August 29th, 2008, 04:00 AM
me too, technically, because I started growing from a buzzcut.

25 inches now, on my way to terminal! (I tend to have an "all-or-nothing" personality, heh)

cani
August 29th, 2008, 04:03 AM
i started at pixie-lenght almoust 3 years ago.
now iīm at apl without layers :cheese:

itīs sometimes hard, but itīs also fun to see your hair in every lenght.
you can do it! happy growing!:)