PDA

View Full Version : what is scritching and how is it done?

mamaherrera
May 14th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I figure it's called scritching, not scratching because there's a difference. I'm interested in knowing how to do this without damaging hairs/pores, especially around my temple area where I have finer hairs. Thanks

Dziip
May 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I scritch by scratiching gently but I guess the way other people describe they do it by using a comb at 45° is safer.
I don't think I hurt my scalp pores at all but for my hair, I conciderd using a comb as just said.

rowie
May 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I too heard that you would use a comb to gently comb away loose flakes (preferably with sharper tips like a rat tail comb). Scritching I think is a common practice for people who are on the "No water, sebum only"(NWSO) routine. The point of it is to free your scalp of flakes, and perhaps a kind of prevention of sebum buildup. You can look at it as another way of cleaning the scalp.

Along with this method there is one called "Pritching or preening" which is like a gentle preen or pecking, or bird like moving motion with your comb to encourage loosening up flakes that scritching cannot accomplish. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think a long time ago I was perusing the NWSO thread, but I never tried it because I love my conditioners too much to even let go of it.