PDA

View Full Version : LTNS, but in need of advice for a new 'do for long hair!

Horsetuna
May 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Some of you may remember me. This is me:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/horsetuna/MeCCEE_zps18911daf.jpg

Now, I love my long hair. Its nice, although at times I am bored with it. I dont like braids as they rub at my neck and bother me, and while Buns and ponytails are good for work I also... want something more, but I never was sure what.

THEN, I went on an exhausting nude photo shoot with a friend and ended up dunking my head in a raging glacial river for one pic. Afterwards, we shot this picture:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/horsetuna/headshot_zps5c4e9494.jpg

This is my facebook picture now, and I just love that look. ITs half dry and uncombed, but for some reason its just... so much nicer on me. Everyone LOVES the picture as well and say I look very much alive and happy, which I did with the picture!

But now I have to try and recreate that look without too much effort, because I'm very much a 'wash and wear' type girl. I dont even weark makeup or jewelery! The only reason I get up more than 15 mins before I leave for work is so I can make breakfast (IF I liked cold breakfasts I'd probably just buy something on the way).

I also am enviromentally conscious too and low-budget, so what ideas would folk have to give me this nice semi-wavy wet look with minimal effort and supplies?

jacqueline101
May 14th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I don't remember you but I do love your hair.

tigereye
May 14th, 2013, 02:42 AM
I sometimes get that look not-on-purpose. I always rinse my hair in as-cold-as-possible water after washing, then apply my Nightblooming panacea. Usually I then go and chuck my hair gently into a bun with my glass stick.if I want wavy like that, I do a braided bun. However, the "wet" look I sometimes get tends to be when I've used too much panacea by accident. It feels dry, but it still looks wet.

Fantak
May 14th, 2013, 05:54 AM
I'd spritz on a sea salt spray. It gives my hair that natural tousled look. You can buy it ready madr or make it yourself using water, salt, gel and conditioner :)

Kherome
May 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
I'd spritz on a sea salt spray. It gives my hair that natural tousled look. You can buy it ready madr or make it yourself using water, salt, gel and conditioner :)

This is exactly what I was going to say. But beware the drying effect!

Horsetuna
May 14th, 2013, 07:45 AM
But what kind of gel/conditioner is it that I am looking for? What would be enviromentally safe/not too expensive to try that? I dont want to buy a whole bottle then find out the technique wont work or its bad for the animals. Hrm....

I'll keep waiting and see wht other suggestions there are.

Thank you! What proportions am I looking for in that sea-salt stuff?

cathair
May 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
But what kind of gel/conditioner is it that I am looking for? What would be enviromentally safe/not too expensive to try that? I dont want to buy a whole bottle then find out the technique wont work or its bad for the animals. Hrm....

I'll keep waiting and see wht other suggestions there are.

Thank you! What proportions am I looking for in that sea-salt stuff?

I don't know about the sea salt spray or ratios, but I've heard that you can make you own gel by boiling up flax seeds/linseeds. I think that is probably pretty environmentally sound and of course not tested on animals. These is a tutorial here:
http://www.crunchybetty.com/homemade-hair-care-flax-seed-hair-gel