PDA

View Full Version : My "big" trim :D (pics)

Loreley
May 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Hello everyone! :waving:

So, I made the decision to cut back to classic length. I really wanted to trim, and yesterday when I was washing my hair, I thought "why not now?". :p Actually, I was going to trim only 2-3" at a time, but put the elastic on my hair and cut above it without measuring, so "accidentally" cut 5" off. I don't mind, though. Just love how thick and healthy my ends are now. :inlove: They haven't been in such a good shape for about 8 or 9 years, since the last time I had this much cut off at one time.

This time it wasn't too demaged or anything, but it was a bit too long for me, very uncomfortable to wear down. I still love knee length or even longer hair but I think it's just not for me, or at least not now.
I like fairytale ends on others but on myself I prefer thick ends. As it got longer than fingertip length, I basically had to choose between length and thickness.

Anyways, pics. I was so excited about the trim, that I totally forgot to take proper before pics. These two are from February and March. The line shows where classic length is. On the after shots the ends look pretty uneven but it's because one side curls up more than the other. :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4316&d=1368450586

melusine963
May 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
You have beautiful hair. I'm impressed your taper only started at FTL! Mine starts at waist. :wail:

spidermom
May 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Excellent result; enjoy!

pocketsmall
May 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Looks good!

bunzfan
May 13th, 2013, 09:43 AM
It really does look amazing! good decision sometimes we need to cut back to feel better about our hair its not always about how long it is.

dwell_in_safety
May 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Your hair is beautiful! And now the ends look as thick as the rest. Good trim. :)

jacqueline101
May 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Your hair is amazing.

joflakes
May 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
It looks beautiful! =)

Jenny31557
May 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Beautiful healthy hair and great shine. I'm jealous!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
That's so fabulous, thank you for sharing with us. It's always better to e happy about your hair rather than miserable. Beautiful, your ends are looking so lovely and thick after your trim.

lapushka
May 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
It looks gorgeous, both before and after. :D :thumbsup:

I too had my hair cut back recently, but from almost TBL (I was 2 cm or about an inch away) to hip. I lost about 2 to 2 and a half inches. My ends are much thicker now, so I know what it feels like; love it.

spirals
May 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Beautiful. I think my ultimate goal is fingertip, but if I have too much taper or my hair overall is too heavy for my neck to handle, I'll cut back, too.

Annibelle
May 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is soooo pretty! It looks so soft and perfect. :crush:

starlamelissa
May 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
You have a lovely head of hair!

alexis917
May 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Your hair looks so shiny!
Sigh, one day I hope I have the option of cutting BACK to classic!

Fantak
May 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I cut 3" back to TB and am soooo in love with my new thick shiny soft ends. What do you do to baby you new ends? I just want to hide them from the world ATM >.>

Loreley
May 14th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I'm impressed your taper only started at FTL! Mine starts at waist. :wail:

It was just the worst part starting from about classic or fingertip length. :D It starts thinning slightly at waist or a bit past that but fortunately it's not too bad and only noticeable when I'm wearing a braid.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!!! :flower:

MaryO
May 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing! Love the curl and colour!

Loreley
May 14th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Fantak: I don't do anything special to the ends. After I trim, I always use coconut oil. Then I use coney serums and conditioning sprays after every wash as usual. :)

spirals: Good luck to your trim! I hope you'll enjoy your fresh ends as much as I do! ;)

ghost
May 14th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Classic is a beautiful length on you! Your ends look so healthy.

embee
May 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Great that you are happy with it! I am terminal at classic, so cutting back to classic is a no-go.

When I did an 8 inch "trim" I was miserable, because I lost my fairytale ends, so my updos didn't work any more. I don't wear my hair down, so blunt hemline is not a goal.

Loreley
May 14th, 2013, 06:13 AM
When I did an 8 inch "trim" I was miserable, because I lost my fairytale ends, so my updos didn't work any more.

I know what you mean. It got a lot more difficult to make even a simple cinnamon bun because of the blunter and thicker ends. It doesn't want to stay up so I use clips instead of a stick.

PixxieStix
May 14th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I'm so happy you love your hair after its trim. :)

Hairwish
May 15th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Looking good before and after. :)

Lunadriael
May 15th, 2013, 03:31 AM
You have my dream hair. I think it's absolutely perfect. <3 I hope you enjoy your new thick ends after your trim. :flower:

Quahatundightu
May 15th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Stunning, and it doesn't even look very much shorter.