PDA

View Full Version : Neon Clip In Highlights!

Savvyhorsez
May 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Hiya all! So I now have this crazed idea for a neon blue clip in highlight in my hair, I've seen all sorts of places that claim to sell them, but I was curious where other members might've gotten theirs from. If I'm not allowed to ask, please PM me. :) I'm looking for something fairly long in a bright turquoise, just enough so it's long enough to sneak into my lazy wrap bun so no frays stick out. I've always wanted to try a neon highlight, but don't want to dye, or chalk my hair, so this seemed like the most perfect idea! Thank you all so much!:D

faellen
May 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I've seen quite a few coloured hair extensions streaks on etsy :)

Kaelee
May 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I got mine from Hot Topic. I only wear them once in a while, but they're fun. I like them. If I wore them more often, I might invest in better ones.

Seeshami
May 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I bought cheap 22 inch colored clips ins from amazon for my maenad costume. The only problem I had was when the naughty mess decided he liked them and made my bun into a hair-tastrophy and husband had to untangle and unclip.

The naughty mess says, "it was the best hair do I ever made and you didn't even get a picture. Jerk"

Amorice
May 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I got some from Hot Topic, too. They're far too short for my hair, but I bet they'd be long enough to sneak into a bun. Mine currently live on my wig, and its funny b/c people notice them and think that's ALL the fake hair I'm wearing at the time :D

Quixii
May 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I've seen them at Hot Topic.

SerinaDaith
May 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Embroidery floss would work for a few distributed pops of color and would not have to clip in. Soft yarn may work too. I found an 18 inch long clip in bright pink at the dollar tree but the clip always left my scalp feeling bruised which I never took to be a good sign.

akilina
May 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I make my own and always have. It might not be worth it though to buy the hair for it just to make a couple. I buy hair on the weft and little extension clips and sew my own..You need to buy platinum hair though, and it has to be real. No synthetic. You can dye it any color and it will have the best results done on the very light blond hair.

It seems that buying some from amazon might be the very best bet if making one isn't an option. Make sure you are buying real hair too. To me, synthetic is pretty gross and doesnt even lay right. It tangles in a weird fashion and you can't pass it thru the hair straightener or curling iron if need be.

Savvyhorsez
May 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I make my own and always have.

Do you by any chance sell them Akilina?

akilina
May 14th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Do you by any chance sell them Akilina?

Aww, I have actually really thought about selling them at my salon but haven't quite taken the initiative..this has given me a really great idea to maybe start making some but I don't think I'd be shipping them or anything :( I have total faith in you that you could make some awesome ones!! :D It really is pretty simple and not too stressful as long as you can do some very basic sewing and get ahold of a little light blond hair on the weft, and of course whatever color of your choice.

I know that in the past, buying a huge pack of 22 inch real human hair at sallys was around $20 6 years ago...However just seeing that since last summer the cost of a tangle teezer has gone from 8 dollars to 15 dollars there I'd go ahead and assume their old good prices are out the window.

Do you have anyone you might possibly know that has this hair so they could snip you off a section of it and give it to you?

Savvyhorsez
May 14th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Thanks Akilina, but I work several jobs, and don't have time unortunately. Thank you all for your suggestions!:)