PDA

View Full Version : Braidwaves

Les
March 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I have a braidwave problem. I like having braidweaves but sometimes I just want my hair to be straight. But after I braid my hair - no matter how loosely - I seem to have braidwaves until the next time I wash it.

Are there any good techniques for minimizing the creation of or straightening out braidwaves?

Keiera
March 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Dampening the hair will get it straight again. I've had to do this a few times after some rather, uh, funky braidwaves. Just put a little water in your hands and smooth it over the length. You don't have to get it soaking wet or anything to get them out.

As for prevention, the only thing that has prevented the waves on me was if I was heavy oiling at the time (this also caused a problem of the elastic holding the braid to fall out ever 5 minutes or so...).

Feisty Redhead
March 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
If I hve braid waves that look "interesting" in a bad way I just mist till my hair is damp then comb through. My hair's really thick so sometimes I have to mist and comb through a couple times to get the waves out, but it always works. :)

homeschoolmama
March 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I comb it carefully while damp when I really want my hair straight. A spray bottle full of water works wonders for this, but lately I've taken to putting just a tiny bit of conditioner (roughly a tablespoon in an 8oz bottle) into the water as well, and it makes the comb slip through even better... and makes my hair turn out PERFECTLY straight :)
love,
mom

carinkla
March 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
MMm my problem is that my normal waves look a lot like braid waves. So even if tried to streighten it after I wore a braid it still would dry up wavey..

pookatrina
March 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I have to spritz my hair w/water & then brush with my BBB to get rid of them.

Les
March 18th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Dampening the hair will get it straight again. I've had to do this a few times after some rather, uh, funky braidwaves. Just put a little water in your hands and smooth it over the length. You don't have to get it soaking wet or anything to get them out.

That is amazingly simple. I'll give it a try soon. Thanks for the quick and great advice everyone!

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I agree, i give my hair a misting when it has funky waves from a braid or bun, or if its gone too flat and i want my natural wave to fluff my see through ends up a bit so they don't look so pathetic.