PDA

View Full Version : Three years (and a month) on LHC!

jel
August 28th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I somehow missed my actual LHC anniversary, but thought that some progress pics would not go amiss, even late. :D

So, without further ado, my first hair picture, August 2005:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/14082005-1.jpg

One year later:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/BSL.jpg

About two years later:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/san%20fran/Picture272-1.jpg

Most recent pic, 3 years and a month since I joined:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/100_3469.jpg

Three years ago I was a shorthair. By sheer accident I stumbled upon this wonderful community and decided I wanted to grow my hair long. I found brilliant advice, support and encouragement here, and I even got to meet some great people in real life too. Almost incredibly, I'm only a few inches away from my ultimate goal, tailbone - and I have become a longhair. :D

Thanks, LHC! :flowers:

Sherri
August 28th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! Your hair is so pretty and looks great. Glad to see you are almost at your goal.

DavidN
August 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Congratulations, Jel, on your 3 year (plus a month!) anniversary at the LHC, and thank you for sharing these wonderful progress photos with us.

What a fabulous progress from short hair to long hair, and your hair is so thick and filled with shine, and has the most beautiful colour. Thank you for being an inspiration to your fellow members!

sibylla
August 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Mama Mia!!!!!!Thatīs what I call a nice progress!!!!I loooove your colour. How do you get that really red red????

almudena
August 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Wow!!! What an amazing progress!!
Your hair is looking absolutely wonderful :inlove:

Congrats!! :flower:

paper
August 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! Great progress pics, very inspiring. Happy Anniversary to you!

sipnsun
August 28th, 2008, 02:29 PM
That is some serious growth in just 3 years (and 1 month :))!! Your hair looks very healthy, and your color is beautiful!

Euphony
August 28th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Wow Jel, your hair is breathtaking! I adore your hemline too. I've been contemplating a V or U instead of blunt. Granted I have a U now, I'm thinking I will keep it - yours is gorgeous! What an awesome color you have there! It looks like by the second picture you have roughly the same natural hair color I do - what is your mix like?

Tabitha
August 28th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Wonderful progress, Jel! I was so sorry you weren't able to join us in the July London meet - I remember recognising you by your hair outside Marble Arch tube last year! :lol:

Arctic
August 28th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful, and very inspiring to me since our hair types are almost same :D

Merkaba
August 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Beautiful! I think your color is just magnificent, and even out in the sun it still looks mostly red instead of orange. It's great!

mugglemomof3
August 28th, 2008, 02:51 PM
THUD. like seriously, I'm sitting here with my jaw in my lap! I wasn't expecting the last photo to be soooooo long and pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thudpile:

Happy Anniversary!

serious
August 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
THUD. like seriously, I'm sitting here with my jaw in my lap! I wasn't expecting the last photo to be soooooo long and pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thudpile:

Happy Anniversary!

Me too.:thudpile:

chrissy-b
August 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Congrats and good luck on reaching your ultimate goal! Your hair is beautiful.

morningstar
August 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
jel the color of your hair just makes me swoon each time I see it. I really love your hair!

Monsterkitti
August 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oh wow, congrats :) Your hair is just beautiful and the coclour is lovely

jel
August 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind words! :flowers:

Sherri - your future LHCer siggy is too cute!

DavidN - eloquent and sweet as ever :D

sibylla - I recently started applying a temporary (wash-out) crimson colour over my henna - for brighter red with no chemical damage!

almudena - and I love your waves!

paper - you should be at your goal much sooner than it took me!

sipnsun - my growth is average, or just under - but I save it all as I'm in the No-trimming club

Euphony - my henna mix is now just BAQ Jamila + water, but I brighten the red with occasional applications of a temp colour (I don't add it to the henna mix)

Tabitha - well I recognised you from your journal pics, but also by your fantastic Jimfo fork which was the shiniest hairtoy I had ever seen IRL

Arctic - I was hoping that a few key pictures would inspire those who think they are still far from their goal

Merkaba - it's all thanks to henna! And, in the latest pic, the temp dye

mugglemomof3 - yes, you wouldn't expect that based on the first 3 pics... ;) LOL, I have to admit that even I like my hair more the longer it gets

serious - it's nice to see some LHC members from Srbija :waving:

chrissy-b - thanks, I hope to be there before next summer :D

morningstar - and I love the rich dark cherry colour you have!

Slug Yoga
August 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Wow! You've got a magnificent mane there!

DarkChocolate
August 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Your hair is such a nice color:) A job well done:)
Do you henna?

I have to agree that this is one of the best online communities:)

Beatnik Guy
August 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Glad you stumbled upon us too. Your hair looks awesome, jel! :agape:
Hope to see it (and you) again IRL before too long.

EvaSimone
August 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM
The difference between the first pic and your last pic is just... wow.

Your hair is really beautiful and inspiring, thanks for posting your anniversary I really enjoyed seeing your progression.

:flower:

MountainGypsy
August 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Congratulations you have amazing hair!!!

HeatherMae
August 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! What an inspiration you are! Happy Anniversary! :)

yogachic
August 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Congrats on 3 years at LHC and the great progress you've made in length.

plainjanegirl
August 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Congratulations on all your growth! Your hair looks very healthy.

n3m3sis42
August 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks beautiful. :)

Robinlyn
August 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pics!! My hair looked similar to yours last Oct. You have given me hope and inspiration to grow, grow, grow. Your hair is so beautiful!!

spidermom
August 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Absolutely gorgeous; you did well.

Silver & Gold
August 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Nice length and such vibrant color! Wow . . . those pictures should have come with a warning to put on your shades!

AnneAdeline
August 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats on three years (and a month)!
You've already heard this a ton of times, but... the color is just GORGEOUS!

whatevergirl
August 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
. . . http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/congratulations.gif
Happy Anniversary jel
Your hair is beautiful & quite the inspiration!http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/d5fe61b9508d61287204a3e5a616bdab.gif

Elenna
August 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Wow, wonderful length, and vibrant red.

Zombiekins
August 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Your hair is the most ridiculously bright radioactive color ever and I needs it! And also? Your texture, definitely gotta have the waves....hmm... and shine too. :D Congrats on your awesome hair!

RoseRedDead
August 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM
My goodness - your hair is lovely.

Congratulations!

rapunzhell13
August 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Gorgeous! Your starting length is my length now, so it's nice to see what I can achieve in 3 years! :D

Rini
August 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Wow, just lovely :inlove: You really have incredible hair! And it must grow so fast.

Like Rapunzhell13, your starting hair is about where mine is now, so I'm pretty happy that my hair *might* look something approximating yours in 3 years time. :)

I'm so glad you posted these pics (even if late)!

jel
August 29th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Again, thanks so much, everyone, for the wonderful compliments and congratulations! :flowers:

Monsterkitti - I like the colourful hairsticks in your avatar updo

Slug Yoga - I hope you're drinking coffee there, you know it's good for hairgrowth :silly:

DarkChocolate - we posted at the same time, but I'll say it again coz I love henna: yes, I henna, and also use a temp (wash-out) dye

Beatnik Guy - I'm looking forward to that

EvaSimone - you're very near your goal, hope to see your thread soon

MountainGypsy - ah, what would I give to have your curls!

HeatherMae - we have a similar hairtype, except yours is thicker

yogachic - it's only about 15 inches growth altogether, but it looks very different, doesn't it!

plainjanegirl - we seem to be at the same length, and yours looks very healthy too

n3m3sis42 - your siggy bun doesn't look goobered at all!

Robinlyn - I wanted to show that growth happens...

spidermom - praise from you means a lot! You know I'll be joining you on the natural length trail as soon as I stop being infatuated by bright red...

Silver & Gold - actually, when braided or in an updo, the colour is much more subdued, but don't tell anyone! ;)

AnneAdeline - and I'll never tire of hearing it! :D

whatevergirl - wow, great smilies!

Elenna - I'm actually happy with this length and may even consider returning here after I reach tailbone

Zombiekins - and you can have your own ridiculously bright radioactive colour (I heart that phrase!) for the price of some BAQ henna and a cheapo temp dye :D

RoseRedDead - and your waves are great! I'd ask you, you know, but you're 16... ;)

rapunzhell13 - and is your goal length also tailbone, or is that classic on you?

Rini - except we went the opposite way in colour!

Dee 08
August 29th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Congratulations your hair is beautiful :)

tiny_teesha
August 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM
wow, your hair changed so much- for the better!
It looks amazing!!!!!
and almost pinkish, its such a lovely colour!!! And so thick! Yay, congrats on being so close to your goal!

jel
August 30th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thank you both kindly, Dee 08 and tiny_teesha! :flowers:

queenjord
August 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
wow your hair grows fast! and i like the color so much now its so red. beautiful curls! we have the length and goals too

Amoretti
August 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Congratulations, Jel! Your progress is amazing! Your hair is so, so pretty!

Isilme
August 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
wow, bright! Awesome! May I ask what temp colour you use?:)

jel
August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thank you all ever so much! :flowers:

queenjord - we can grow together these last few inches!

Amoretti - your hair is stunning, but I think your blog is overshadowing it!

Isilme - I was going to try Manic Panic or SFX, but in a local Afro-Caribbean store I found Adore (http://www.head2toez.co.uk/Adore-Semi-Permanent-Hair-Colour_A40PA.aspx). It was cheaper than MP or SFX (only £3) and I thought I'd try it, so I did a couple of test strands and loved it. Since then I've done 2 full head applications, and there's still some left in the bottle... ETA: The shade I use is called Crimson.

Patrycja
August 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM
WOW. Just....WOW. You have the color I want from henna. Thanks for posting what you do to get that :flowers: I am in awe....:thud:

Wonderful hair!!!!

carols_e
August 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful I love the color! Congratulations on 3 years!

jel
August 31st, 2008, 09:11 AM
Thank you, Patrycja and carols_e! :flowers:

Stacy_E
August 31st, 2008, 09:36 AM
Congratulations, your hair photos are such an inspiration! Your hair is so long and thick!

justgreen
August 31st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Congrats Jel , and may you have many more good hair growing years!

beyondcute
August 31st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Congrats! Youve made wonderful progress!

danacc
September 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Congratulations!

Your hair is gorgeous; I love the thickness of it and the fairytailing ends.

pinkprincess
September 2nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
Wow, it looks so much longer, and I love the colour! Congrats on your anniversary ( and a month)!

Aqua Gal
September 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I love the shape of your hemline. Very pretty! Congratulations!

jel
September 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Wow, this thread's still running - thank you all most kindly! :flowers:

Stacy E - henna has definitely increased my thickness, as my pony is now in the high ii

justy - and you too! :) We almost share our anniversary, but your hair looked gorgeous even back when you joined!

beyondcute - this is your anniversary month, hope to see your thread here soon!

danacc - my fairytale ends are mostly due to starting from a layered cut - and then not trimming since... :D

pinkprincess - yay! More UKers!

Aqua Gal - it's never too late for compliments! ;) We have a similar goal (with a question mark)...

wavestogrow
September 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Amazing hair!!!! Wow! That's a dramatic difference in your length, color and hair condition. I love the shape of your hair cut now.

Stagecoach
September 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Beautiful, stunning hair!

SchnauzerMom
September 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous, that's an amazing amount of growth.

Patrice
September 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Look at that colour. Woooooow. Amazing progress, you've come a long way.

Congrats.

Chamomilemaiden
September 4th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Wow, itīs just amazing! :cheese: Your hair is so beautiful. Iīm sure when looking at these photos you must be really pleased and satisfied!

kunibob
September 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Wow, congratulations -- not just on the length, but on how shiny and healthy it looks, too! This is very inspiring.

ladyshannonanne
September 4th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Great work and congratulations!

Chamomile betty
September 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
You have had wonderful growth and your hair looks great.

MsHelena
September 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Ooh. Your hair is lovely. I hope mine reaches that length soon!