PDA

View Full Version : Found first grey hair!

raingirl
May 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I know most women probably wouldn't be excited about this, but I think I found my first grey hair!

Being that my natural colour is a very ashy light light white blonde, I thought I would never see grey or it would blend in until it just naturally changed to white. But last night in the mirror I noticed a few (maybe 3) hairs at my temple growing in that were stark white against the rest of the hair, enough to notice they were not the same colour as my ashy blonde!

So yeah, It was exciting. I actually forced my husband to come upstairs and look with me and confirm!

Neecola
May 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Congratulations! :)

Since I have always dyed/hennaed my hair, I'm not sure when I first started getting grays but I did notice them when I went a long time between root applications. I thought they were very pretty and sparkly, so I know what you mean.

Salmonberry
May 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
How exciting! I just found my first a couple weeks ago, and I found my second one yesterday. The second one I found was much longer than the first. Like 9" long. That means it's been living on my head undetected for at least a year. I can thank the blonde hair for that. The light just happened to catch on my hair just the right way for me to notice it. It makes me wonder how many more I have hiding in there. I'm only 23 too. I'm still not sure whether to be excited or terrified. But hey, most of my friends are older than I am, so I feel like part of the club now. :)

sisi33
May 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Congratulation! :cheese: If you're like me, you'll be checking every few days to make sure that it's still there :p

Salmonberry
May 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Congratulation! :cheese: If you're like me, you'll be checking every few days to make sure that it's still there :p

:) Haha, Yes. I've been doing this too. That's how I found the second one!

Sunshineliz
May 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
:cheer:

And here's to many more. :toast: ;)

lapushka
May 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Congrats. I noticed my first ones, scattered throughout, more than 10 years ago, more like almost 20 years ago. I still have to make progress in graying - not happening yet, so yes it's a slow process sometimes.