PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Henna/Cassia Q

AspenSong
May 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Question - I've got a bit of my cassia and henna treatment I've been doing on my hair, more for conditioning than color - in my freezer. It's not enough for all my hair by any means, but I was considering defrosting it and mixing a good amount of conditioner into it and slapping it on as much as I could. My question is, do I need to watch and limit how long I leave it on there with the henna in there, as far as color development? It's about 1/4 henna, the rest is cassia - same mixture I've been using for a while now. Just enough to give me reddish highlights a bit, but not really alter color much. I just don't want to do this, put it on, leave it for a few hours and come out with copper hair I don't think, haha, and I wasn't sure about it as far as it being frozen and time to defrost and whatnot and if it'll be closer to it being more colorful, ya know?

Nightshade
May 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I think if you're diluting it enough with conditioner you should be fine :) Frozen henna can be a bit more potent, but I think that'll be evened out by the dilution with conditioner.

Seems to me like you'd be pretty safe!

AspenSong
May 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks! I'm going to have hubby move the little tupperware it's in from the fridge to the counter when he leaves for work and see how it's coming along when I get up and I'll give it a go! It's only about two cups worth maybe of mixture, so I think it's going to be super thinned out with conditioner to be able to spread on - even though my hair is only i thickness - it's nearly classic now, so it's still got some length to cover!