PDA

View Full Version : Henna Gloss on Curls

littleizz
May 7th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I've been on hiatus for a while, ladies, but I have a question!

A little over a year ago I made my first voyage into Hennaland. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90849) I absolutely loved loved loved the color, but the henna absolutely annihilated my curls. I painfully made the decision to let it grow out, with the plan to chop it once my natural hair was long enough. I colored my hair with some cheap-o almost-black box color at one point to hide the roots, but haven't done anything in months because between between the henna oxidizing and the box color fading, I can't really find roots anymore anyway.

It took what I feel was a really long time, but my curls are finally back, and my hair is officially at hip, so I reeeeally don't want to chop anymore. But I'm really missing that henna color at the same time.

My question is, have any curly henna-heads had luck with ongoing henna glosses not messing up their curl tightness? I understand I probably won't be able to get the blaze red I had with the full henna, but if I could even just get a red tint without going from a 3a to a 2a again I might (might) be tempted to try.

ETC: DOH! Guess I've been gone too long... if one of the mods wants to move this to the Recipes, Henna and Herbal forum be my guest - sorry about that :)

Neecola
May 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome back! :)

I do roots only glosses now but I never have had an issue with henna straightening my hair even full strength, though I have heard it it happens to many people. So this happened to you after only one treatment? Wow!

I have heard that adding amla can revive curls, though I've never done it. The henna color does suit you!

Hairitic
May 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I've been Hennaing my hair for almost 2 years now but have only done about 3 full head treatments. I mostly do roots only but my curls have mostly gone. I've been thinking about doing a full head Henna/Amla treatment to see if it will bring back some of the curl. The only thing holding me back is the possiblity that the Amla will dull down my red. Any one have any experience with this?