PDA

View Full Version : small update from me

blondecat
May 7th, 2013, 04:52 AM
OK, sorry Its been a while.

Onto the update.

Iv'e gone back to basics with my hair. Just a quick well diluted shampoo/ good rinse out and Air dry.

No condish, no cones. Nothing.

Surprisingly, My hair is soft, Shiny and has become wavy again. The Shine is incredible.

This all reminds me of the 70's ( I was born in the 60's) a time of low maintenance and of strangely good shiny hair. Minimum fuss.

It's Autumn here, Usually my hair is fly away and dry but greasy at the same time. Not this time Yahhh. And altho I got it cut severely 2 months ago, I'm almost back to waist. I think the Protein shakes are to give cudo's for that :D

Will try to take a pic tomorrow, then try to work out how to post it here.

My Laptop kinda croaked (cant get the cord to connect and charge ) so I'm on the old dinosaur back up PC.

longhairedlady
May 7th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Welcome back! I have had some really good short term benefits from just shampooing, with no conditioner. I cant do it permanently though.But you are right, the shine and texture was great! I still do it occasionally, but it gets so dry I cant keep it up.

Its great that your hair is happy with that routine! Cant wait to see pics.

jacqueline101
May 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Welcome back your hair looks great.

blondyhead
May 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Hi! i've never used diluted shampoo before, how does it work and how do you dilute it?
Sorry if thats a stupid question but i've always been abit scared to try.
P.S you all have lovely hair :)

Sharysa
May 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Diluting shampoo is just diluting it with water so it doesn't strip your hair of its oils. I did it for a while before I started making my own shampoo.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 7th, 2013, 02:38 PM
50% shampoo and 50% water in a bottle, it works beautifully for me.

blondecat
May 8th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I do a 1 part shampoo, 3 parts water. Works best for me.

:D

blondecat
May 8th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Oh I forgot to say, I dont premix it. I mix it on the day.

blondyhead
May 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Oh right i get it now, thankyou for enlightening me! I felt really stupid not knowing what it meant :doh:

nakima
May 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I think I will give the diluted shampoo a try. I need a little conditioner tho :) thanks for the tip!

blondecat
September 5th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Update with Pic

So. I've now gone back to using cones. and being happy with it. :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/Picture0107_zpscd2dd280.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/Picture0114_zps13547224.jpg

blondecat
September 5th, 2013, 01:02 AM
haha, Please ignore the pajama top in the first pic. was about to plait to go to bed :D

Lisa R
September 5th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Hi blondecat

Your hair looks gorgeous and thick! Looks like your hair likes cones right now like mine:) great pics!

Happy hair growing;)

MeowScat
September 6th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Hi blondecat!

Your hair is so beautiful! I wish I could skip conditioning, it takes me so much time in the shower to rinse it out. I, also, wish I could dilute my shampoo. Every time I've tried, it never cleans my scalp enough.

I'm envious of your routine and your outcome. No fair! Welcome back!! :)

embee
September 6th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I love this simplified routine report, it's so encouraging for those of us who don't want to spend an arm and a leg or hours and hours! :)

Personally, I've found with well diluted shampoo I did not need a conditioner, the hair never got *that* dried out. :)