PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil Hair Shine from The Body Shop

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM
It comes in a little flat tin and looks like a brown paste, smells divinely of coconut. Instructions are for it to be used on dry hair. Has anyone tried it? What do you think?
There is no list of ingredients.

I caved in and bought some but would welcome reviews.

melusine963
May 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM
See if you can peel back the label. All my Body Shop products list the ingredients behind the label you can see. I've never come across this product so I can't comment. I've always just used pure coconut oil.

blondecat
May 7th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I have had this product in the past. It is mostly coconut based, but has preservatives and cones.

If you use too much, hair looks weirdly greasy.

But, at the time. It was summer here, and I loved the product.

faellen
May 7th, 2013, 05:18 AM
I was going to order some of this when I put in my order for the wooden comb, but didn't. I already have coconut oil, argan oil and a coney argan oil serum for my hair, I figured I had enough stuff to last me a while! :lol:

Keep us updated on what you think of it :)

MiaBeth
May 7th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I have this ... I have fine hair and I think it does add a nice shine, but I have to apply it sparingly since my hair looks greasy otherwise. My favorite way to use it is if I'm sweeping my bangs to the side. I run a little bit of this through them, and they tend to stay over, but they're soft, not sticky like if I were to use hairspray. I believe it does have cones (I must've ripped off the back ingred. list when I got it). The coconut smell is nice when you first apply, but I can't smell it after a few minutes.

arelrios
May 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
It comes in a little flat tin and looks like a brown paste, smells divinely of coconut. Instructions are for it to be used on dry hair. Has anyone tried it? What do you think?
There is no list of ingredients.

I caved in and bought some but would welcome reviews.
For your reference:

FULL INGREDIENTS
Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Copernica Cerifera (Caranuba) Wax, Octyl-dodecanol, Fragrance, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Oil, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Anje
May 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
For your reference:

FULL INGREDIENTS
Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Copernica Cerifera (Caranuba) Wax, Octyl-dodecanol, Fragrance, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Oil, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
Hm, so no silicones, but some wax and a few preservatives. Interesting. I'll stick to my plain old oils, though.