PDA

View Full Version : Some might pack a toothbrush just in case...

HintOfMint
May 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
(This might be a bit adult but hopefully it falls within the PG-13 limit)

I'm thinking of packing a small bottle of conditioner in the event that I spend the night again at my boy-I'm-currently-seeing's place. I had to grit my teeth one morning and wash my hair without using conditioner after. I'm not one to take over his bathroom and medicine cabinet (just yet anyway), but that was a pretty daunting experience.

What are some hair-related considerations that y'all have when you anticipate waking up in a bachelor pad (assuming said bachelor isn't a long-hair)?

luckyshot
May 6th, 2013, 12:11 AM
My boyfriend doesn't have a hair brush at his house. He has very short hair so obviously doesn't need one, but I can't go without. And no conditioner either. I just went home with greasy hair the first time I stayed over, rather than subject my hair to a no conditioner shower. Now I just keep a bottle of conditioner, a brush, toothbrush and toothpaste at his house. I wouldn't consider that "taking over" his space, just making it comfortable for me to stay there. He didn't mind at all, actually he likes it because it makes his bathroom smell nice when I shower there, lol.

Bagginslover
May 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM
If youre that worried about 1. taking over his space, and 2. washing without conditioner, why not just keep a hairstick in your bag? Then you can go without washing altogther, and just put your hair up ;)

Natalia
May 7th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Im wo so washing is pretty easy :p. Generally if its just one night i wont wash anyway. I dont think one little bottle of condish is a big deal. Pick up a little cosmetics bag from target or such that will fit a few things. Go down the mini isle or pick up some bottles/jars so you can be comfortable on your stays.

blondecat
May 7th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I agree. I'm pretty sure you could get away with just rinsing your hair then put it up.
If youre that worried about 1. taking over his space, and 2. washing without conditioner, why not just keep a hairstick in your bag? Then you can go without washing altogther, and just put your hair up ;)

Carolyn
May 7th, 2013, 05:29 AM
When you think you might be staying over, carry a purse big enough to hold a small baggie with a few essentials. You can get a travel size bottle of conditioner in most stores like WM or Target or save a small bottle and fill it with your favorite conditioner. I would also include a toothbrush and maybe a pair of clean undies. I always carry some makeup and a hair brush and wide tooth comb anyways so I wouldn't have to add those to my bag.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I would wash my hair before I went there. But if I was to wash hair the next day I would have conditioner AND oil with me - lol.

leslissocool
May 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I would pack coconut oil, conditioner and lotion (DH doesn't use lotion!!!).

I know exactly how you feel! If want to shower afterwards (or you know, have fun in the shower with him) I think I would just keep that stuff on my purse.

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Conditioner bar. No spills, adequate for a couple days.

I've had to do the strut of shame myself, so I think more of day clothes and not slinky LBD.

So I stopped doing the slinky except as underwear. ;)

AnqeIicDemise
May 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
While I don't do the strut of shame (never had, really. I was socially inept when it came to love. How did I wind up married again?) I have spent the night at someone's place because I got too sloshed to go home. In one case, I woke up at a different place than the party and I couldn't remember how I got there... then drove back to the party that was still taking place. O.o

Anyhow, I carried an 'emergency' bag in my car, always. Brush, hair ties, tooth paste, tooth brush, a mini sewing kit, make up basics and a single pair of underwear along with a few tampons. It lived underneath my car seat and I could always pull it out when I needed it.

Now I carry a make up bag with my mineral powder, concealer, blush brush, kabuki brush, one small pallet of eyeshadow, bronzer/blush combo (I sometimes use these as shadows), one small container of cheek stain (it works well as a lip color too) and lip balm. In my purse I have a stick, an altoid can with hair ties, hair elastics, bobby pins and u pins. As well as a hair bean. I keep forgetting my lotion at my desk. Woops.

Now that I think about it, I also have tooth brush and tooth paste. My hubby laughs at me but you know what? I've been stuck at a friend's party after we both got too drunk to come home and I was the only one who was feeling fresh the next morning. ^-^

truepeacenik
May 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Honestly, I have a Dopp kit. Totally stolen from Art of Manliness. Yeah, I read blogs that do not apply to me, ever.
I have a shortened to fit toothbrush, sample floss, tooth powder (again with the spilling), a tin with bar shampoo and conditioner, cotton swabs, and a few other incidentals. It's smaller than some clutch purses I see.
I keep it ready, and after a trip, restock it.

Eta. I'm in check and restock mode. I just found my "missing" ficcare.

jacqueline101
May 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I agree id buy the travel bottles fill with your own products.

Amorice
May 8th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Luckily when I was dating my DH, he lived with his folks, so I just used his mom's shampoo and conditioner. When he moved out for law school and I'd stop by for a weekend, I'd wash before I left and when I came home, so no need to shampoo there! This also worked out well because my hair was (still is) occassionally crazy colors, and I didn't want demi-perm hair color to run all over a bathroom I wasn't in charge of keeping clean.

I always keep a few Wisps in my bag. They're one-use disposable toothbrushes with a "bead" of toothpaste. You never know when you're going to eat something garlicky and want to make-out later!

AnqeIicDemise
May 9th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Honestly, I have a Dopp kit. Totally stolen from Art of Manliness. Yeah, I read blogs that do not apply to me, ever.
I have a shortened to fit toothbrush, sample floss, tooth powder (again with the spilling), a tin with bar shampoo and conditioner, cotton swabs, and a few other incidentals. It's smaller than some clutch purses I see.
I keep it ready, and after a trip, restock it.

Eta. I'm in check and restock mode. I just found my "missing" ficcare.

Altoid cans. They're pretty amazing aren't they? As I mentioned earlier I have one with hair elastics, bobby pins, u pins and hair ties. Its smaller than a compact and doesn't take much space. The other can has two containers full of tooth picks (the brush-kind meant for braces. I can't use floss. My hands are too big and my mouth too small to effectively get all my teeth), the little pillow for my eyelash curler, a mini tube of lipstick, eyeshadow and mascara. Y'know, just in case I don't want to get the make up roll out of the purse. I just take my tins in my pocket.