PDA

View Full Version : 6 year anniversary update! Finally Classic with pics!

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone! I cant believe its been 6 years at LHC! I have gone through so many changes in my life, not just with my hair. Its been hard at times, but my memories here are always a warm place in my heart. It reminds me of how carefree I was when I first joined and I remember how much I loved looking at pics of all the long hairs on here. It was my escape, and I daydreamed about what it would be like to have long hair like all those I adore, and still do! Thank you to everyone who contributed to my dream of long hair! I would have never had the courage to have such long hair if I didnt have the support of so many like minded people!

I posted my 5 year update last year about this time, and was thinking maybe that classic was my goal. Well Here I am at classic and it is no where near long enough!!!! I have no intention of stopping anytime soon! I think my next goal will be fingertip, and then maybe knee! I have microtrimmed this past year quite a bit, and probably will hold at classic for a little while and even everything up, then back to growing! I really am excited, because my hair has never been this long!

If anyone is interested in my hair routine, I wash about weekly, sometimes a little longer. I shampoo, and then condition twice. I always have my hair up in a bun and have the ends tucked and protected. I oil quite a bit with olive oil. I saturate and leave it for a couple days, then wash it out. When my hair seems dry, I oil again. In the cold weather this is more often than in the hot weather. I rarely wear my hair down or braided. I dont S&D anymore, although I used to. Now if I feel I have damaged ends, I microtrim until I am happy with the results. I found that S&D was thinning my ends quite a bit so I stopped that.

So now for the pics! The first pic was from when I first joined in 2007. It was permed and damaged and I hated it. I eventually cut it off to a very short bob and started over! The next pic is from March 2012, and last but not least is currently May 2013!

April 2007:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/Maddy033-1.jpg

March 2012:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/100_0770-1-2-1.jpg

May 2013:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/07b155fa-e781-43d0-9e3a-1389248c10df_zps65e7df28.jpg

Vanilla
May 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the progress. You have lovely hair. :)

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you very much vanilla! I love the color of your hair. :)

Vanilla
May 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM
You're very welcome. And thank you for the compliment.

jacqueline101
May 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Congrats on the progress your hair is lovely.

Rosethorn
May 5th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Your hemline is completely awesome!

SerinaDaith
May 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Here I sit in fits of envy. Your hair is so pretty!

RavennaNight
May 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Congrats on reaching classic :happydance: Your hair is really pretty!

Wildcat Diva
May 5th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Wow! That is some fantastic hair. And it's interesting that it's "nowhere near long enough" to you. Happy growing!

Sunshineliz
May 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Looks great! I love the improvement in condition AND length. :)

leslissocool
May 5th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Oh wow the thickness!

Great job :cheese:.

neko_kawaii
May 5th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Congratulations on six years and classic! So thick!

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Thank yall so much for the compliments! I cant wait for my hair to be longer! Its funny, I used to think that I would consider myself a "longhair" at classic, but I just dont feel that way! I guess we all grow accustomed to our own hair after so long.

TheHowlingWolf
May 6th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Congrats!!! You have gorgeous hair! My UGL is classic! I can't wait 'til I'm there!

Night_Kitten
May 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Congrats on your 6th "hairniversary" and on reaching classic! :D
Your hair is beautiful :)

Isn't it strange how our own hair just never seems long enough? I sometimes see hip-length and think "wow, what long hair she has!" and then it hits me that my is longer than that... But it just doesn't FEEL long for some strange reason... I wonder where is the "magic point" beyond which it actually feels long, lol :)

MaryO
May 6th, 2013, 03:42 AM
That's a lot of hair! Well done, it looks lovely! :-)

melusine963
May 6th, 2013, 03:46 AM
That's phenomenal growth! It gives me hope that I can eventually grow longer than TBL.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Fabulous hair! keep growing!

alyaziaaah
May 6th, 2013, 04:18 AM
OMG! :thudpile:
you have my dream hair! what an inspiration you are! :bowtome:
thanks for sharing your experience, and i love your profile as well and its great how you wrote your haircare routine in detail, that is so helpful, i am so in awe.
i was thinking to do microtrimming once a year as well and not cut down again for the next couple of years as i want to go terminal, it is funny, i always thought mid back is long, then waist, then tailbone or classic. funny how our perception changes, now it seems to me for my self, terminal is only long enough. but when i look at your hair, i think wow what looooong hair you have!!!!!
i have been through a lot of damage with rebonding and perming and some huge sheds for nutritional reasons, so your experience and success is so important and inspirational to me. since i joined i havent been able to grow, i trimmed of almost all my damage, but now i think i am ready to go your way, just trimming once a year, micro if possible, maximum one inch.
i admire also how you always put your hair up.
it was easy for me for a while as well as i had hair i didnt like, transitioning from straight to wavy curly, frizzy, because of my routine, and thin ends shedding and thick curly roots. then my hair started to look nice as i kept on trimming and i just wanted to keep it open in an half updo. but it tangles and damages like that and then i have to trim more.
i really have to put it up more like you. thanks for this push as well.
and thanks to all LHC members for your inspirational stories and help!:blossom:

embee
May 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
My goodness, you have twice (or more) as much hair as I do! I have a few strands that make it to classic, and I'm at terminal length. Envy envy! ;) Great growing, looks wonderful. Looking forward to your fingertip and knee pictures somewhere down the road! :D

sisi33
May 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Wow, great photos! Your hemline is great!

MrsGuther
May 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Congrats on reaching classic!! Very pretty, thick hair you have there!!

AnnaB
May 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM
oh my! love your hair now! very pretty! from the picture it also looks like you've lost weight since 2007! :D

longhairedlady
May 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
OMG! :thudpile:
you have my dream hair! what an inspiration you are! :bowtome:
thanks for sharing your experience, and i love your profile as well and its great how you wrote your haircare routine in detail, that is so helpful, i am so in awe.
i was thinking to do microtrimming once a year as well and not cut down again for the next couple of years as i want to go terminal, it is funny, i always thought mid back is long, then waist, then tailbone or classic. funny how our perception changes, now it seems to me for my self, terminal is only long enough. but when i look at your hair, i think wow what looooong hair you have!!!!!
i have been through a lot of damage with rebonding and perming and some huge sheds for nutritional reasons, so your experience and success is so important and inspirational to me. since i joined i havent been able to grow, i trimmed of almost all my damage, but now i think i am ready to go your way, just trimming once a year, micro if possible, maximum one inch.
i admire also how you always put your hair up.
it was easy for me for a while as well as i had hair i didnt like, transitioning from straight to wavy curly, frizzy, because of my routine, and thin ends shedding and thick curly roots. then my hair started to look nice as i kept on trimming and i just wanted to keep it open in an half updo. but it tangles and damages like that and then i have to trim more.
i really have to put it up more like you. thanks for this push as well.
and thanks to all LHC members for your inspirational stories and help!:blossom:

Thank you for the sweet compliment! I really do think I owe my hair health mostly to keeping it up most of the time. I think that is pretty important because the ends can be pretty delicate and they just cant handle too much damage.

longhairedlady
May 6th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. I hope to post another update soon when I get some more growth! Good luck to everyone in their hair growing journey!

JamieLeigh
May 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Congrats on hitting classic! :thudpile: I'm so envious of your thickness! I keep my hair up 99.99999% of the time but I keep having stress/medication-related sheds which do not help at all. Although my ends are in wonderful condition because of wearing it up; I barely have splits. ;)

Dandelion6
May 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your journey:)

lapushka
May 6th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Congrats! :D :thumbsup:

Yozhik
May 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM
How beautiful and thick! Your hair looks to be in awesome condition!

Happy anniversary! :flowers:

Indigo Girl
May 6th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful! So thick and healthy looking too! Congrats on your anniversary. :flower:

Cowgirl16
May 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Congratulations!! Your hair is beautiful :blossom:

longhairedlady
May 7th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks everyone! I am overwhelmed by all the lovely comments!

Congrats on hitting classic! :thudpile: I'm so envious of your thickness! I keep my hair up 99.99999% of the time but I keep having stress/medication-related sheds which do not help at all. Although my ends are in wonderful condition because of wearing it up; I barely have splits. ;)

And you know I am envious on your speedy growth rate you have! :D

bunzfan
May 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I think after looking at the last picture i may have to pick my jaw of the floor! what amazing progress you've made and it looks absolutely stunning now!

JamieLeigh
May 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM
And you know I am envious on your speedy growth rate you have! :D

:flowers:

I'd gladly trade for your thickness! Why can't we all just have both thickness and speedy growth? LOL

Micayla47
May 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
you started with really beautiful hair and now you have even more really beautiful hair!

longhairedlady
May 11th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks so very much for the sweet comments everyone. :blossom:

starlamelissa
May 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm an olive oiler too! It just makes my hair buttery soft!

CurlyMopTop
May 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! I am one envious LHC member right now!

Beatnik Guy
May 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Woah! Yes, I concur that you should keep growing. :)

VJG
September 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM
Congratulations!

nakima
September 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
WOW!!! nuff said :)

Lostsoule77
September 22nd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Beautiful hair! Belated congratulations on your anniversary. :D

BrendaLoan
September 22nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
:agape: Beautiful hair! congratulations!

Warda
September 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
congratulations!! your hair is so pretty :)