PDA

View Full Version : No Heat Headband Curls!

Ravenwind
May 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I made this tutorial on headband curls. Yay for curls with no heat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSGHLDESaII

Enjoy :)

leslissocool
May 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I think the original was from a fellow LHCer. I tried it last year (I think), I really liked the method :)

Ravenwind
May 5th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I think the original was from a fellow LHCer. I tried it last year (I think), I really liked the method :)

Oh really? I always wondered who comes up with these kind of hair styles. I like it too, and I think this will be my go to curling method :)

tangocurl
May 5th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Ravenwind, that was a great video! I will have to try that. I have curly hair so I like how it keeps the crown smooth.

Veronica Lake waves!

browneyedsusan
May 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
That video is adorable! Your curls came out great too! :)

Ravenwind
May 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Ravenwind, that was a great video! I will have to try that. I have curly hair so I like how it keeps the crown smooth.

Veronica Lake waves!

Thanks! I agree, I have wavy hair and sometimes it doesn't like to stay flat and smooth, so this really helps :)

That video is adorable! Your curls came out great too! :)

Thanks! :) They fell out as the day went on but I don't use hairspray or anything.

lillikins
May 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Great video. :3 Dramatic hair curling music ftw. xD

Ravenwind
May 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Great video. :3 Dramatic hair curling music ftw. xD

Hahaha I thought it would be perfect :) Thank you!

jacqueline101
May 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Your hair is great the curls are pretty.

Ravenwind
May 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Your hair is great the curls are pretty.

Thank you :)

HintOfMint
May 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Pretty! Funny thing is, the hairstyle after you slept on it actually looked pretty on its own, like an updo! You even had some lift at the crown that looked very deliberate. I can actually see myself doing headband curls just for the actual style, haha.

Ravenwind
May 6th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Pretty! Funny thing is, the hairstyle after you slept on it actually looked pretty on its own, like an updo! You even had some lift at the crown that looked very deliberate. I can actually see myself doing headband curls just for the actual style, haha.

Haha yeah it actually didn't mess up too much in my sleep :) I also think it would be a really nice updo by itself, probably with a nicer headband that doesn't give you a headache. I think it kinda has a 20's flapper girl kinda feel. Glad you liked it! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2013, 11:22 PM
A great tutorial and what lovely curls! Looks easy to do too!

Ravenwind
May 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM
A great tutorial and what lovely curls! Looks easy to do too!

Thank you! It is very easy to do! And it's very hair friendly :)

proo
May 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
The whole thing is cutey-patootee!
Made me smile

tangocurl
May 8th, 2013, 12:44 PM
This worked really well for my just-quite shoulder-length fine hair. Looked about like 1" barrel curling iron curls, and it evened out my curl pattern very nicely!!

Best of all, it was a presentable look to wear in public while it dried.

I used a medium-thick fabric headband (not elastic).

Thank you!!

Ravenwind
May 8th, 2013, 10:15 PM
The whole thing is cutey-patootee!
Made me smile

Aww thanks so much! :)

This worked really well for my just-quite shoulder-length fine hair. Looked about like 1" barrel curling iron curls, and it evened out my curl pattern very nicely!!

Best of all, it was a presentable look to wear in public while it dried.

I used a medium-thick fabric headband (not elastic).

Thank you!!

I'm so glad to hear that it worked out for you! :) It is a nice look in itself and leaves nice curls too.