PDA

View Full Version : Several unusual braids

Becky9679
May 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
A friend just sent me this on facebook and I have to link it here!

I'm pretty sure I can work out how to do all of them but I doubt I could get them looking that neat! I love the one at the top right :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197806_466463186766195_728097770_n.jpg

march_sun
May 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I like the one on the bottom farthest to the left. Do you know how it was done?

Becky9679
May 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
No idea unfortunately, my friend got it from some page or other and it didn't come with instructions. It looks like a pair of 3 strands braided into a 5 or 6 strand though - maybe a bit of trial and error needed to work that one out!

melusine963
May 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I like the one on the bottom farthest to the left. Do you know how it was done?

It's not exactly the same, but this tutorial gives a similar result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Kx8NN9MzU.

Sharysa
May 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM
A friend just sent me this on facebook and I have to link it here!

I'm pretty sure I can work out how to do all of them but I doubt I could get them looking that neat! I love the one at the top right :D

In order, here's the photos' most likely candidates:

1. Diagonal Dutch braid
2. Diagonal half-up lace braid
3. Diagonal French braid or maybe a waterfall braid
4. Lace S-braid
5. Three braids pinned together
6. Ribcage braid
7. Headband French braid
8. Dutch side-braid

Yay, months of learning braids and being a lazy artist has paid off!

jacqueline101
May 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Those are neat braids I'm glad you shared.

spirals
May 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
The bottom left one looks like a four-strand made with two english braids and two regular strands.

Phalaenopsis
May 6th, 2013, 12:51 AM
The third one on the right is probably a waterfall braid or a fairytale braid (slight difference in technique and effect, but still kind of the same)
The first one on the left, second row, is a mermaid tail braid
Here is a tutorial :): http://youtu.be/8xZWRwfib7U

Sagi1982
May 6th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thank you for sharing! :joy:

I think, you should find directions/tutos for all of these braids via google or YouTube.

Lets see what we have here...
First row, left to right: diagonal Dutch braid, diagonal lace braid, waterfall braid, zigzagging lace braid (needs practice!).
Second row: two English braids tucked together with pins or ribbon (can't see this really), a variation on the cage braid, Dutch headband and an off-center Dutch braid.

Hiriel
May 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
The waterfall braid is gorgeous!
I keep meaning to learn some more fancy braids, get frustrated by how demanding it is, and then start to bully my boyfriend into trying it for me, as he can actually see what he's doing and won't need to keep his arms above his own head for the whole ordeal ;)

Khristopher
May 6th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I saw this pic before but I must say I love every single one of those braids! I wish I was skilled enough to do them on my hair. The second one is my favourite! And I really like that v-hem that girl has.

Anje
May 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I used to do #7 regularly. Good style for half-grown-out bangs.

ghost
May 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Those are all so cool! I may have to grab my best friend or sister and see if I can duplicate these on their heads. I'm pretty good with braiding, but I'm not sure if I could manage some of these on my own head...my back and arms get tired :(