PDA

View Full Version : Shea Moisture Reconstructing Finishing Elixir for curlies....love this stuff!

tangocurl
May 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I've found my new curly holy grail...Shea Moisture Reconstructing Finishing Elixir. I found it at Walgreens, see here http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/shea-moisture-organic-raw-shea-butter-reconstructive-elixir-spray/ID=prod6057766-product?ext=gooPersonal_Care_PLA_Dry/Damaged_Hair_prod6057766_pla&adtype=%7Badtype%7D&kpid=prod6057766&sst=0583946e-fa58-9489-52a0-00003f271e81

It has no cones, and contains argan oil. I had to give up the Moroccan Oil because of the silicones, and I missed the scent, but this is a great replacement. It is also a great natural replacement for shine sprays.

A little bit goes a long way, but it doesn't lead to "crunchy" over-oiled hair even on me, with my 3a/i-ii hair. It seems to actually soak in over several hours. It is light and glimmery :)

I am using this with the Kimberlily De-frizz spray to salvage a decent 2nd-day hair look.

Hurrah :toast::toast::magic:

ETA: It is a 4oz bottle, so it is small enough for getting through airport security. Also it is about $10 but I think it is worth it.

maskedrose
May 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I just started to use Shea Moisture products! I have the Shea conditioner and the Deep Moisture Masque - I've been using a little bit of the masque as a leave in for the last couple of days and it seems to be working well. I wore my hair down today and the waves are defined and have substance - my hair tends to be super floaty and weightless with nothing in it, so I like having it "grounded" a little.

tangocurl
May 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Maskedrose, I know what you mean about the hair being defined and grounded. How long does the conditioner last you? Very pretty waves, by the way!

Neecola
May 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I love Shea Moisture products! Also, it sounds like we have similar hairtypes tangocurl and I find almost everything is too heavy for my hair so I might check this out; thanks!

tangocurl
May 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I love Shea Moisture products! Also, it sounds like we have similar hairtypes tangocurl and I find almost everything is too heavy for my hair so I might check this out; thanks!

Neecola, judging from your pic I'd say I agree!