PDA

View Full Version : Another "I've been here for a year now" thread, but Diva style...

Wildcat Diva
May 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Well, I've been here a year... I've learned a lot, shared a lot, and COLLECTED A LOT.

Thanks to all who helped me (and swapped with me). I didn't even know how to take a length shot (or what a hair stick was ) one year ago.

I truly feel like a diva thanks to all of you, and my hair is still so short. I really value the hair inspiration here and kind feedback.
The incredible humor and thoughfulness here are just bonuses. I've even made a few new friends here who put up with chatting with me most every day (can you believe that ?).

I think that maybe best thing about hitting the milestone for being here a year is that now I have room for 100 mail messages so my mailbox is no longer full!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110717

And a shotout to all you enablers on the addict thread who inspired the obscenity that is my hairtoy collection.

Here's a shot from April 2012, just days before joining LHC (and abandoning my straightening iron) It's kind of blurry, but you can see my length, from the front anyway.
http://imageshack.us/a/img713/3782/photoapr05160007.jpg

Here's a length shot from July 2012:

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/3315/dscf09021.jpg

This next one is from early winter 2012, I'm getting close to APL:
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/7663/photonov12121518.jpg

And from a few weeks ago Easter 2013
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/6047/photomar30144703.jpg

And these two are from this week.

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/8369/photomay01170031.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img541/6255/photomay01202608.jpg

I wish my pictures were a bit better, guys.
Thanks for a great first year. I was surprised to find these waves when I quit regular shampoo and conditioner and started washing about twice a week.

I hope for BSL around the first of next year, and waist before the end of 2014. I can dream!
Thanks again everyone for a great year.

HumanBean
May 3rd, 2013, 09:50 PM
How pretty you are! Red really suits you!

rowie
May 3rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Congrats on your LHC anniversary. You are just looking good everytime I see you!:smooch: Gotta love the volume and shine with your current pictures. Thanks for sharing. :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! your hair is getting curlier and curlier! Lovely thick beautiful hair.

leslissocool
May 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
Uh la la, gorgeous!

Congrats on the growth!

goldloli
May 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM
those are some very cool waves and body. I was curious as to your hair type so i just went on your profile and see you are listed as 2b still, are those last enhanced wave pics from curly girl method or something?

neko_kawaii
May 3rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Has it only been a year? Remarkable. I'm not sure I've ever noticed your hair down, I'm usually drooling over your toys. Pretty waves!

lacefrost
May 3rd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Oooo! You are so lovely! And each picture was better than the last. :)

juliaxena
May 3rd, 2013, 11:26 PM
I am also surprised it has only been a year. You are probably one of the most noticable members because it feels like you have been here a lot longer. I mean that in a very good way :). And I love your hair, boy, it is growing! Congrats!

Wildcat Diva
May 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM
How pretty you are! Red really suits you!
Oh thank you, Miss Bean! It always feels good to hear that when you are past 40! I do love to wear chili pepper red, spicy! It's nice of you to say so.

Congrats on your LHC anniversary. You are just looking good everytime I see you!:smooch: Gotta love the volume and shine with your current pictures. Thanks for sharing. :blossom:
Thanks for the smooch, Rowie. I agree that my volume after washing is getting much better; now any shine, I hadn't noticed. I'm gonna look again.

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! your hair is getting curlier and curlier! Lovely thick beautiful hair. Thanks Sarah, I HAVE been getting curlier.

Uh la la, gorgeous!

Congrats on the growth! Thanks dear! I want to chachacha when you say that.

those are some very cool waves and body. I was curious as to your hair type so i just went on your profile and see you are listed as 2b still, are those last enhanced wave pics from curly girl method or something?
Thank you. I. was. wondering. if I was still a 2B myself. Maybe on day one I'm becoming a 2C? I have kind of tried a variation of the CG method, but I don't do gel. The main difference from my previous routine is that I mist and scrunch my hair after CWC, a small amount of plopping, and then only fingercomb after it's dry. After a day or so of that, I use the tangle teezer so I can bun and then the waves are 70% gone.

Has it only been a year? Remarkable. I'm not sure I've ever noticed your hair down, I'm usually drooling over your toys. Pretty waves! Yes, last year April. I have a lot of posts for someone only a year old (whaa, whaa!). I'm chatty, apparently. I do seem to have enjoyed (putting it lightly) the hairtoy aspect of being a LHCer. So I don't even have that many hair down pics. Also, I felt kind of pathetic waiting for APL to hurry and up get here, dammit. So it was kind of a put it up and forget it thing. Thanks, I'm learning to like the waves!

BambooBeauty
May 3rd, 2013, 11:30 PM
very very pretty!!!!!

gossamer
May 3rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Absolutely stunning waves! Glad you're here! :)

ravenreed
May 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Amazing growth! Happy growing.

PolarCathy
May 4th, 2013, 02:44 AM
W000t w00t :shocked: Hello there, my friend! Nice pics! I haven't realized until now that your hair has grown that much! And you're getting curlier and curlier indeed. You're getting flowers :flowers: but watch out, they'll bite you, because I'm jealous :rollin:

Lostsoule77
May 4th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Your hair is looking quite lovely. :D

starlamelissa
May 4th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Good god! The curls! THE CURLS!!! Wow!

SerinaDaith
May 4th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Oh lovely growth! Love the texture and thickness. I know I am always happy to see you in a thread!

Annibelle
May 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM
:thudpile: You're so pretty, and so is your hair!

kitschy
May 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Your hair is just beautiful! Congrats

CurlyMopTop
May 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Congrats on your first anniversary! Looks like you're making wonderful progress too! Very pretty.

jacqueline101
May 4th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Your hair is lovely.

embee
May 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Congrats on the year, congrats on the growth! Very nice. :)

Neecola
May 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Happy anniversary! You and your hair are gah-rgeous!

RavennaNight
May 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Gawgeous! I love your curls!

piratejenny
May 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wow, those curls are incredible! I'm jealous, my waves are all disappearing the longer my hair gets :(. And that red is great on you, too!

Vanilla
May 4th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Congrats on your year anniversary. :). Love your waves. :)

Nebulae
May 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I love your texture! I think it looks really good on you, better than the straightened hair. :)
I have only really seen photos of your updos, and actually thought your hair was longer because of how nice they all looked (or it was the awesome hairtoys that distracted me? haha!). Happy anniversary!

Wildcat Diva
May 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Oooo! You are so lovely! And each picture was better than the last. :)
Lacefrost, thank you. I was really happy to see my Easter picture with a solid APL, that was a hard year getting to that point!

I am also surprised it has only been a year. You are probably one of the most noticable members because it feels like you have been here a lot longer. I mean that in a very good way :). And I love your hair, boy, it is growing! Congrats! Thank you Juliaxena, I get what you mean! I have been pretty active, my kids notice I'm always on the LHC. I don't facebook, so this is like facebook for me I suppose.

very very pretty!!!!!
Thank you so much!

Absolutely stunning waves! Glad you're here! :) Your hair is an inspiration Gossamer, thanks. I'm glad to be here.

Amazing growth! Happy growing. I'm glad that it's at least a difference, a year without a trim did help, but then I didn't mention that the very last pic, I had had about a 1/2 an inch off. I hope to keep growing for a long while, so thanks for your well wishes!

W000t w00t :shocked: Hello there, my friend! Nice pics! I haven't realized until now that your hair has grown that much! And you're getting curlier and curlier indeed. You're getting flowers :flowers: but watch out, they'll bite you, because I'm jealous :rollin:
Flowers that bite, what are they, venus flytraps? Will they try to eat my hair? I don't think you have anything to be jealous about my friend, you better adjust your mirror. I am glad you are posting on LHC again, and look, it's not even a fitness thread...I'm honored.
I was so busy joking with you I almost forgot to thank you! So thank you, friend. (Rude Diva!) Kind words mean a lot from you!

Good god! The curls! THE CURLS!!! Wow! Your enthusiasm makes me smile, see, that's what I mean about how lovely you all are. Thank you for making my day!

Oh lovely growth! Love the texture and thickness. I know I am always happy to see you in a thread! You mentioned thickness, that's my weakness of worry. So I feel much better hearing you say that. You know how many of us here get a bit paranoid about that. I'm coming to realize the differences between all our hair, and also freshly washed vs. oiled and how to be more reasonable in my expectations. Maybe I'll have overcome that obsession by next year. And I've had a lot of fun WITH you in some of these threads, thanks for being there for me to hang around with.

:thudpile: You're so pretty, and so is your hair! oh, a thudpile, you are so kind. Thanks for that.

Your hair is just beautiful! Congrats Thank you kitschy, I appreciate you saying so.

Congrats on your first anniversary! Looks like you're making wonderful progress too! Very pretty. Thank you CMT, I hope to be here a few more years. I credit all of you to my progress. I never would have understood how to even start to grow long healthy hair, and I've got a LONG way to go yet.

Your hair is lovely. You are very sweet jacqueline. I always notice how you have a kind word for people. I admire that about you.

Wildcat Diva
May 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Congrats on the year, congrats on the growth! Very nice. :) Thanks embee!

Happy anniversary! You and your hair are gah-rgeous! Neecola, I just tried to say that out loud phonetically, and it made me giggle. Thanks for that!

Gawgeous! I love your curls! Ravenna, the same, thank you!

Wow, those curls are incredible! I'm jealous, my waves are all disappearing the longer my hair gets :(. And that red is great on you, too! You are not the first person to call them curls instead of waves! Maybe I'm going to work an angle here. It will be interesting to see how it plays out next year when I have more length. Thanks for the color compliment, I do like red, and it's a strong color, glad it is appealing. I'm getting to be a chunk past forty, I don't want to appear garish.

Congrats on your year anniversary. :). Love your waves. :) Thanks Vanilla, it's been quite a year. I really like it that you are one of my friends on here.

I love your texture! I think it looks really good on you, better than the straightened hair. :)
I have only really seen photos of your updos, and actually thought your hair was longer because of how nice they all looked (or it was the awesome hairtoys that distracted me? haha!). Happy anniversary! It might have been the hairtoys!:eyebrows:
I have worked pretty hard at updos trying to get these hairtoys to work out, and that's been rewarding. Now, braiding, not so much. That's something for another year I guess. The texture, yes, thank you, and I agree that it's much better. I feel real princessy with my waves, and, I'm not sure that my particular hair straightened would look as appealing to me grown out long. I have a pic I found taken about 2005 and amazingly my hair was probably BSL. I straightened it some during that time, so it may have been damaged some I'm sure. Honestly, I was in the mix of having three kids under age 5 then, so that time is a BLUR. I'll see if I can post that pic... But yes, I'm still just APL, but I'm pleased I made it so far. Bring on BSL!

PraiseCheeses
May 4th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Congratulations on the growth and condition - your wurls are beautiful (and oh-so-inspiring to this closet 2c-3a)! (Now to stalk the forums for evidence of your notoriously bountiful hairtoy collection.... :p)

patienceneeded
May 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Your hair is gorgeous Wildcat Diva, as are you!

tangocurl
May 4th, 2013, 10:17 PM
That's a lot of growth in a year, especially with those last shots having some degree of curl shrinkage....I just gave up my flatiron completely and for good...your progress is so inspiring!

MaryO
May 5th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Wow, your hair is lovely. Love the texture! Thanks for posting- I always enjoy seeing progress pics. :-)

Micayla47
May 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
congrats on the great progress. your hair is beautiful!!!

browneyedsusan
May 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM
looks great!
I can't believe how much curlier it got after your July length shot! Very well done. (Coveting that T-shirt with the fuzzy stripe... ) :)

sisi33
May 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Wow, that's some impressive growth- and I'm not talking about your bounteous collection of hair toys! Congratulations! And now you get 100 PMs! Wooooo!!

PinkyCat
May 6th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Oooooh great growth! Those curls are looking so happy and boingy! Very pretty.

joflakes
May 6th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Your hair is so pretty! Well done. :)

Addy
May 6th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Beautiful hair! I hope you get to waist by 2014!

Wildcat Diva
May 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Congratulations on the growth and condition - your wurls are beautiful (and oh-so-inspiring to this closet 2c-3a)! (Now to stalk the forums for evidence of your notoriously bountiful hairtoy collection.... :p)
Thanks to you! (Check the hairtoy addict thread, might have to go back a ways.)

Your hair is gorgeous Wildcat Diva, as are you!
You are a sweetheart, thank you.

That's a lot of growth in a year, especially with those last shots having some degree of curl shrinkage....I just gave up my flatiron completely and for good...your progress is so inspiring!
Me, inspiring? I'm so happy and thankful for that comment. I am happy for my growth also, pretty pleased with it as well.

Wow, your hair is lovely. Love the texture! Thanks for posting- I always enjoy seeing progress pics. :-)
Thanks, Mary. I like seeing progress pics, too. I wish I had taken more length shots over the year.

congrats on the great progress. your hair is beautiful!!!
Thank you so much. Such a nice compliment, and I appreciate your commenting.

looks great!
I can't believe how much curlier it got after your July length shot! Very well done. (Coveting that T-shirt with the fuzzy stripe... ) :) Thanks Susan. I learned how to work my curls with scrunching and didn't brush out those last pics. And, the fuzzy striped shirt? That's a scarf I'm holding to show APL!

Wow, that's some impressive growth- and I'm not talking about your bounteous collection of hair toys! Congratulations! And now you get 100 PMs! Wooooo!! I know, at least my mailbox won't be full for a while! Thanks!

Oooooh great growth! Those curls are looking so happy and boingy! Very pretty. They felt pretty boingy. I spritzed them with water and scrunched them up, so they liked that.

Your hair is so pretty! Well done. :) Hey, joflakes! Thank you!

Beautiful hair! I hope you get to waist by 2014! I certainly hope so too, but I bet it will be fall 2014, so I hope that counts. Thanks Addy!

Sunshineliz
May 10th, 2013, 03:31 PM
ooo, your hair just keeps getting better and better! I've rarely seen it down, but I like it.

ravenheather
May 10th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Woo hoo diva!! Looking gorgeous. Your wurlies are beautiful. You've made great progress. Lets keep growing (and chatting).

meishkamooshka
May 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Such pretty hair you have; I love the waves! You look fetching in red, btw!

SleepyTangles
May 12th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Love the curls! Congratulations, it looks great - as you do, obviously!:flower:

arc691
May 13th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Love your waves! You have beautiful hair!

chen bao jun
May 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Love it! The then and now constrast is amazing and your hair is so pretty!

CurlyMopTop
May 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Your hair looks sooo thick and healthy! Very nice progress!

Wildcat Diva
June 3rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
ooo, your hair just keeps getting better and better! I've rarely seen it down, but I like it.

Woo hoo diva!! Looking gorgeous. Your wurlies are beautiful. You've made great progress. Lets keep growing (and chatting).

Such pretty hair you have; I love the waves! You look fetching in red, btw!

Love the curls! Congratulations, it looks great - as you do, obviously!:flower:

Love your waves! You have beautiful hair!

Love it! The then and now constrast is amazing and your hair is so pretty!

Your hair looks sooo thick and healthy! Very nice progress!

Guys, thank you all so much! I really appreciate all the nice comments, compliments and kind words.

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/2844/photomay11115542.jpg
DS13 was taking my length shot today, says "have these people ever even seen your face?" I was like, sure they have!

You folks all make me smile. Thanks again for making me laugh all year. I sure needed it.

sunshine-locks
June 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Congrats on 1 year, your curls and new growth is stunning!