PDA

View Full Version : BSL to WAIST take 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
For the life of me I couldn't find the thread of BSL to Waist. I know there is one out there, but where alas I don't know. So I figured I guess we will start another one and maybe a mod can merge them. SO ladies since I am slightly past BSL (5 more inches to waist) and very quickly outgrowing hair styles I though offering tips, hairstyles, how long you have been growing once you hit BSL, etc would be awesome.:cheese:

Eireann
August 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.

I'm a wavy to, mine is more of stretched waves, but my goodness some days the wave is insanely way as well. I always have a feeling short hair day :lol:

Ohio Sky
August 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. :ponder: I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. :ponder: I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )

I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.

Stacy_E
August 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, when I got to BSL recently, I stopped feeling so obsessed over my growth (thank goodness!), and stopped measuring. My goal is waist, and I realize it's going to be awhile (at least a year?) before I finally get there. So I'm just tryig to enjoy what length I do have.

Ohio Sky
August 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.

I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?

AmselJoey
August 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hmmm, I am now about 1 inch from the bottom of my bra. It WAS two inches, but I had an inch cut off this week for health. The splits were simply horrendous!!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I am happy to find this thread. I can't wait for waist. It's my second goal. BSL was first and classic is third! :cheese:

Robinlyn
August 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Oh how I wish I could be in this thread.....maybe next year Lora! Happy growing everyone!!

AnneAdeline
August 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I reached BSL over the summer and now have a good 5 or 6 inches until waist.
I've been trying to stop obsessing over it, but still find myself looking over my shoulder at the mirror. :rolleyes:

morningstar
August 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I had finally made it past BSL and realized that my longest lengths were just long layers. I had almost 2" trimmed off and now I am at the bottom of my bra strap. It will be about 4 more inches to waist now but the layers are pretty much gone and my hem is thicker.

MsBubbles
August 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Interesting to read everyone's progress and thoughts on BSL to waist. I just hit BSL (25" in longest layer) but am going to maintain so the other stragglies can catch up until Feb 2009, then I hope to let it grow more bluntly to waist. I have never had waist length hair so I don't even know if it's possible. If I reach waist I will be so happy. I think it's a good 5 - 6" away from BSL though for me. Curse my long neck and torso :)

EmpressRi
August 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Well I cut off between 6-9 inches of hair, but I'm wondering how much length I need for my hair in it's curly state to appear waistlength. So I may have awhile...but that's okay! Growing it will be fun.

melikai
August 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....

dorothea-brooke
August 29th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Lora, thanks so much for reviving this thread! I was just thinking about trying to find this the other day....

I am so frustrated/impatient with my hair ever since I reached BSL! :hmm: I'm having some kind of Hair Dysmorphia Disorder -- it just seems so short to me, even though it's the longest it's ever been. It feels like waist is so far away, and in my mind I'm a true longhair, but no one else can see it. :(

Wonder why this particular milestone feels so frustrating???

Tomorrow I'll post with more constructive and interesting things; tonight I just wanted to whine! ;)

kowlrea
August 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Im currently at BSL and i have 6 more inches til I get to waist, and it seems to be taking for freaking eVER

heatherainsley
August 29th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I am just at bsl, cant wait to get to my waist grown 3/4 of an inch this month.

rubyredslippers
August 29th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'm in this group, I think, though my current mini-milestone is to reach BSL on ALL of my bras, when dry and unstretched. it feels like it's taking forever!

All that I've really managed to improve upon from the winter has been the health, and not the length. Gah, slow-growing hair. But I'll live!:D

Curlsgirl
August 29th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....

Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese? :)

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?

I wanna say a bra conspiracy. Heck my hair only reached my bra strap (on a thin strap bra) when I blow dried it straight in july I think, and now it's at the bottom of my thicker bra straps when dry natural.

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Oh how I wish I could be in this thread.....maybe next year Lora! Happy growing everyone!!

Your only 1.5 inches shorter then me lady ;)

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Lora, thanks so much for reviving this thread! I was just thinking about trying to find this the other day....

I am so frustrated/impatient with my hair ever since I reached BSL! :hmm: I'm having some kind of Hair Dysmorphia Disorder -- it just seems so short to me, even though it's the longest it's ever been. It feels like waist is so far away, and in my mind I'm a true longhair, but no one else can see it. :(

Tomorrow I'll post with more constructive and interesting things; tonight I just wanted to whine! ;)

Now see I still have the dysmorphia disorder, but I finally stopped obessing over length..lol

Hatsumomo
August 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I was at BSL around April/May and now I'm at 28 inches with two more to go.

I understand the dysmorphia lol, mine still seems short to me too!

rhubarbarin
August 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Yay I can join! I cut from *just* WL (pulled straight) to just past APL in June, but my summer growth spurt is making up for it!

I'm a bit past BSL with pulled straight hair.. just barely there with dry curly/wavy hair (but only because the hair growing from the back of my neck is almost straight!).

I have 3-4" to go until I am at waist.. probably 6 or 7 until I am at waist with curls. So I should be there in a year, perhaps a little more with trims.

I am trying to resist the temptation to trim more than I need to. The condition of my hair is crap, but I want to reach a real milestone and maintain there before I cut off the majority of the damage..

JessTheMess
August 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm just scraping past the bottom of my bra strap. I was midway to waist the beginning of this month, but after some serious clarifying and ceasing all use of cones, I uncovered an immense amount of splits going up my layers that no S&D mission could get rid of. So, I sucked it up and cut back to almost all one length. Now, with a healthier hemline I hope to start growing better. Maybe this time next year I can say...is this waist?

Also...I don't even bother measuring anymore... :rolleyes: I get too many measurements that vary too much

mugglemomof3
August 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't really measure anymore either. My hair in it's natural air-dried state is finally actually longer than the bottom of my bra strap. Once it hit the bra straightened, I relaxed a bit on the measuring.

For that thread that asked about your particular measurements at each milestone, I measured. I'm at 29.5" now and waist will be 31.5", so hopefully by the end of the year I'll finally be at my "goal". Of course, after being here at LHC for so long I've changed my plans and now want to see how long it can get before I go crazy and do a real "chop" to get an even hemline straight across with no layers. At that point I'll probably again try to see how long it will grow.

Benign neglect is a really liberating stage!!!!!

This is a great thread! Happy encouragement all. :D

Patrycja
August 29th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm joining in :) I'm about 1"-2" from the bottom of my bra strap.If I bend back,I'm at waist :lol: My top layers are a different story.They aren't even at BSL yet :rolleyes:

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm joining in :) I'm about 1"-2" from the bottom of my bra strap.If I bend back,I'm at waist :lol: My top layers are a different story.They aren't even at BSL yet :rolleyes:

Dont feel bad, my shortest layer is at apl :lol:

JessTheMess
August 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Dont feel bad, my shortest layer is at apl :lol:

Mine is at my jawline :mad:

dorothea-brooke
August 29th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mine is at my jawline :mad:

Oh, I refuse to count my growing-out bangs as a "layer," cause then I'd just get too depressed.... ;)

So NOT counting my jaw-length bangs, I also have layers just past APL and then the bulk of my hair is about an inch past BSL. I've got some crazy taper going on. I think this is the cause of my HDD, perhaps -- if it were all one length with a straight hemline, maybe I'd think it looked "long." :shrug:

RedElephant
August 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm joining too. I have about 3-3.5 inches left till waist(stretched). I hope to reach there by early next year.

jojo
August 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh can I join, even though i am a flys nose away from the top of BSL, I was at BSL and went and trimmed, but I should officially be top by end of September and have another 3" (with old granny bra on!) to the bottom or 2" (with my normal one on!) and 6" until waist.

I am hoping to get to waist by august 09, then next and final stop is classic for me, but you never know!!!

twilight
August 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...

wow you must have a really long torso. I am 5'9 and waist is only 29 on me and 31 to hip.

Poetic
August 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. :confused: I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. :wail::pray: After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.:rolleyes:

Eden Iris
August 29th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Still here. If I pull my hair out straight it shows growth, but if I leave it alone it spirals into tight coils at the bottom and looks like it has for the past four or five months, hovering right at BSL.

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. :confused: I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. :wail::pray: After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.:rolleyes:

Some people consider Bsl when the hair touches the top of your bra strap and other like me consider it Bsl when it reaches the bottom of the strap..HTH

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM
This is such a familiar journey for me, i have a habit of growing to waist then chopping back to bra strap. This time though i wasn't actually wearing a bra so it got cut to just above bra strap, my length before was hiplength, but fairytale ends with serious thinning. If i don't trim i normally take a year to get to waist, but given i'm a bit above it....or maybe i'm at it now.....plus i intend to trim while i grow i'm going to allow a year and a half to be really generous.
Plus now i'm not really obsessing about length anymore.....i used to loads, but i can really see the wisdom in Harpgal's advice on enjoying the journey now. I'm focusing on thickening up, and enjoying the oilings, massages, treatments and just connecting with my hair as a part of me and not cursing it for what goals i've not reached yet. My first length goal is waistlength, then after that, i'll see how it looks on the way to hiplength.....if it looks nice there then i'll just keep up the trims and see what happens.

I have to say, i've noticed alot of lovely hair in this thread.....some of you may be wishing your hair was longer.....but as an observer i think you can't see just how beautiful it looks already :flower:

melikai
August 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese? :)

*takes a slice of old cheddar*

What makes it even worse for me is that it will be likely years before I've grown out all of the old highlighted ends! *mournful face*

dor3girl
August 29th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I noticed that when my hair was BSL I was able to do more styles with my hair, it kept body & curl a bit better, but had to be washed more often. . .

My hair seems to be stuck at waist, but I guess that's ok.

xrosiex
August 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I think I have another couple inches till I'm at wasit. I hope to be solid wasit by christmas.:pray:

Cinnamon.locks
August 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Joining also! I'm about 2 1/2 inches from waist right now, weird thing is that measuring shows basically the same length as in May when i joined. and I have not cut except for 1 inch in July to keep hair growth even. i have a few stragly bangs growing and also the natual layers that form as you grow.

So what gives with the measuring? I have decided to not measure until my birthday ( sept. 12 ) then i'll see if the growth has been well or if it is the same length in inches as it was when i measured in July after the tiny trim. then i plan not to trim until December 15, 2008. if it needs it. and measure again.

It is true, once you get past BSL it is liberating to not measure obssesivebly each month. I now enjoy leaving my hair down and feeling it brush my arms as i move my head. but keep it braided or bunned when wet for a few hours then let it dry. it is safer to keep my hair contained with so many dogs around and a wonderful nephew who loves to grab my hair ( with sticky hands ) and brush his face against it.

will share the exact measurement after my birthday.

Periwinkle
September 1st, 2008, 08:31 AM
I guess I can officially join this thread...hooray! :D

Because of the waves, there's hardly any visual difference in my hair length, but now when it's pulled straight it reaches the bottom of my bra strap, not the top (as it did when I joined LHC), so I reckon I'm officially BSL!

I have about 6 inches to go until I reach waist.

pinkprincess
September 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
My hair is at about 29.5" and waist is about 33", I seem to have been at this lenth forever but I cut off an inch a few weeks ago and i don't measure very well lol.

mew
September 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
Oh! So many people are currently at the midback length! I feel more encouraged :) Also interesting that so many of you cut to get a blunt hemline. I am a big fan of fairytale ends, and there are some beautiful examples around here!

Guenever
September 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm back here again :p with a blunter hem and minus 10"..
At 28,3" I still have 2-3 inches or so to waist, so I guess that'll be my Christmas goal.. hoping..

Little_Bird
September 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Well, I can say I took about a year from BSL to Waist Lengnt, and in the meantime I learned a french braid and the figure 8 bun...

It's a bummer when you're in the middle stages but when you get there... it's just a happy place :flower:

Hairytale
September 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Well, guys, I'm new to this thread but I hope you don't mind me posting here what I just discovered: the Gibraltar bun is the perfect bun for me! It holds with just one hairstick and I don't need any pins to make it secure.
A cinnabun always needed at least two Amish pins and sometimes some other pins, too, to be secure...so this is really revolutionary for me, heh. :cheese:

rhubarbarin
September 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
I measured today and I am right at 26". Waist is 29". I hope my summer growth spurt continues into the fall!

Aqua Gal
September 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi! I'm so happy to finally be here. It took me three years to get from super-short to BSL. Wow, it felt like it took forever. It's great to see so many others on the same path. For me, the journey to APL was tricky, but my hair seems to be behaving much better now that it's getting some length. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Good luck to everyone!

florenonite
September 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
I think I'm officially in this group now, though after my trim on Saturday I might be back at the "APL to BSL" for a month or two. I'm just at the bottom of BSL, though my tape measure's at uni so I have to wait till I get back or till no one's in the house so I can borrow my mum's without getting funny looks :P However, considering the measurements I had as being the bottom of BSL, I'm at maybe 25", my trim will hopefully take me back to no more than 24", and waist is 29" on me, so I should be there in less than a year.

ETA: I just measured my hair (with my mum's tape measure), and realised that I must have mis-remembered the measurements, as I'm at 27", so I'll be at 26" after the trim hopefully and then at waist within six months.

Yeesha
September 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty new, but I think, I should be here as well. :D

I'm past BSL and have 2-3 inches to go until waist length. But my hair is a mix between wavy and curly, so it looks much shorter than it is *sigh*...

Happy growing everyone!

terriej
September 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
OOO! The longest part of my hair pulled straight is almost to the bottom of my waist :rockerdud

I don't pay attention to the other layers, they don't count.

RavennaNight
September 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hi! I'm another one on that looooooooong journey from BSL to waist. I'm at 26.5 inches and that is about an inch below most of my brastraps. I have about 6 more inches to waist, so about this time next year I should be waist!

rockkcor
September 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I guess I am in the group - it is really exciting as that is when hair from medium starts to get long!
For me this is a start of my longhair journey... Now I have long hair and growing to terminal at last :)http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/yvesnormandie/lookwhatyoudonne.jpg

twilight
September 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
wow you must have a really long torso. I am 5'9 and waist is only 29 on me and 31 to hip.

yeah... the worst part is i'm only 5'3"! i don't look all crazy disproportionate or anything, but it is weird. i have a swan neck too, so i'm sure that factors in.

plus we could be thinking different things about what "waist" is... ? hm.

lora410
September 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
yeah... the worst part is i'm only 5'3"! i don't look all crazy disproportionate or anything, but it is weird. i have a swan neck too, so i'm sure that factors in.

plus we could be thinking different things about what "waist" is... ? hm.

Waist is NOT were your hipbones are. It is the smallest part where your belly button is...hth :flower:

lora410
September 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM
4 more inches until waist for me :cheese:

kowlrea
September 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
im so sad , i have been at the bottom of brastrap since the first of August and im still at the bottom of brastrap all now, my hair has not grown in two months.
I have been ill so that may factor in stunted growth. Any ideas on how i can give my hair a boost of growth ? Two protein shakes per day or something ?

alligatorbaby23
September 20th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I always understood waist to be elbow length, twilight.

I have been working on waist for years! Got there and went back. Now my hair is healthier and curlier to my joy and dismay! I am about 3 inches from waist, currently.

Thank Goodness my hair is growing so fast! I took 5-6 inches off in April, it is almost grown back.

MsHelena
September 20th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I'm about 2 or 3 inches from waist. I was at or around 1 inch from waist, but my hair desperately needed a trim. I'm not at BSL, but there is no very-nearly-waist-but-not-due-to-excessive-split-ends thread. As such, I'm here until I get to waist. Besides, some of you six inchers will probably get to waist before I do seeing as how I'm mostly maintaining to cut away my "I need pink hair" damage.

Periwinkle
September 21st, 2008, 06:01 AM
My hair must've grown! Pulled straight, it's now about an inch below my bra strap, and wavy, it's at the bottom of it! :D Hooray for growth!

yogachic
September 21st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Periwinkle me too. I am now about an inch past BSL when pulled straight.

hippiechick1976
September 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Ok I am in. I am at the 1 inch to go stretched to waist...2 inches unstretched...can't wait:) My hair has been on a many growth spurt too:) It went all summer with a stall and now it's catching up I think:)

Elphie
September 21st, 2008, 08:39 AM
For the first time in my life, I'm thrilled with my short torso! Still a long five and a half inch road till waist for me.

darkwaves
September 21st, 2008, 09:18 AM
"Waist" is a measurement that just keeps growing on me. I used to think it would be about 28", then 30", and now I know it's a bit longer.

I'm there now, when my hair is wet. And close, with my hair stretched . Very close.

But dry? Another four or five inches to go.

And I won't call my hair waist-length till it looks waist-length.

rhubarbarin
September 21st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Waist is NOT were your hipbones are. It is the smallest part where your belly button is...hth :flower:

My belly button is level with my hip bones, and my waist (very clearly defined) is an inch or two above. Bodies are all very different.

It's neat though, once I hit waist it will be only 4 months or so until I'm hip length!

dorothea-brooke
September 21st, 2008, 10:32 AM
Periwinkle and yogachic, we're at the same place! An inch past BSL pulled straight, at the bottom when wavy.
(My actual hair is a couple inches shorter than yours, Periwinkle -- a benefit of being a shrimp. :))

How many inches for waist for each of you?

kowlrea
September 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
no advice at all ? wow

dorothea-brooke
September 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
no advice at all ? wow

Hi kowlrea -- I missed your request for advice upthread. I think others might have missed it, too, since this seems more of a "check-in" kind of thread. :)

I don't have any advice about the growth thing myself, but maybe you should start another thread on the Mane forum asking for help? More people would see it there and you'd probably get some good answers. :flower:

jessie58
September 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Well I was at 28 inches about 5 months ago. Unfortunately I cut a lot off and am now only back at 26 inches. I have been growing from neck length for 2 and 1/2 years now. It will take me another year to grow the 5 or 6 inches to waist. Every single time I look in the mirror, BSL looks so short to me. Ack.

WendyJo
September 21st, 2008, 02:01 PM
I am past bra strap length, but not sure if I am quite at waistlength yet. Depends where you consider the waist to be technically. I haven't measured in ages, nor taken a picture. Reminds me that I should.

super_pudding
September 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'm right at BSL. I cant wait to get to waist so I can start growing out all of these layers! :D

CaraLynn
September 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Ha, I'm at bsl and to waist for me is TEN MORE INCHES. :P Frustrated is definitely how I am feeling right about now.

ladystar
September 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
This has to be the longest wait ever for waist... I am almost there but it seems like theses last few inches are taking forever!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=503&pictureid=21601

Here is a picture...

Patrycja
September 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
I've hit a stand-still :( I'm stuck at my current length for about a month now...I suppose I could start taking vitamins :shrug: or I can wait it out.I knew my growth rate was too fast and it was going to halt..

squiggyflop
September 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
well ive gotten to waist twice now.. and now im about an inch short of it because of a hairdressers decision to cut an extra inch off that i didnt want... so here i am again.. oh and here is the other thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5306)

Katze
September 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Oh yes! I can finally join this club, I realize! :cheese:

Although the bulk of my hair isn't quite at BSL, and although I do plan on keeping up the trimming, my hair is slowly but surely growing!

My goal is to have a thick hemline - something like the way my hair is now at armpit length - at waist. OK, longer would be nicer. :)

The biggest problems I am having are with leaning on and sleeping on my hair, as well as with still not having any good go-to updos that I like and that look good on me. I'm going to try night braiding again; buns always fall out because of all my layers, but braids get tangled - i would like to find a sleep 'do that keeps my hair out of my way. During the day, I still prefer my hair down, but am increasingly wishing for updos that work (stay relatively tidy, look good, don't draw attention to my hair's flaws).

Waist length would be AWESOME. Since my hair is probably between 26 and 27 inches long at the longest layer (I'm not measuring) , I only have three more inches to go!

LaurelSpring
September 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM

This sounds just like me!!! I feel like I have been at BSL forever and even though my hair is longer than ever it feels so short to me. I just cannot face any trims until I get some length going on down there. I want to see some progress dang it. I know its been growing because my bangs are almost to my chin now but I cant seem to see it in the back. I know its longer because I am having trouble with old styles that use to work for me so even though that is a pain, it is a happy pain. This time next year I should be there.

lora410
September 24th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I've hit a stand-still :( I'm stuck at my current length for about a month now...I suppose I could start taking vitamins :shrug: or I can wait it out.I knew my growth rate was too fast and it was going to halt..

DO THE VITAMINS! That is what kick started mine back up :) I am at 25" now woot woot. Of course I did do that obnoxious recipe (i forget what it is called) with the garlic that people swore your got double growth. You won't hear me complaining either way :D

savi
September 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I'm nearing waist, slowly but steady. Unfortunately I don't have a measuring tape arond me so I can't say how near or far I am, but it's getting there. I think when January comes, I might be pretty close.

Chamomile betty
September 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I am glad to see this thread.

I am about a 1/2 below BS. I had a trim so I was a little longer. This is the longest my hair has been. I could never get past short layers and bs until I stoped coloring my hair. That's been over a year ago. This is a new experience for me.
I wear my hair in long layers and in an updo to keep the ends and length safe and healthy.
I think my waist is 30"-32" but I am not sure. I hope to reach it sometime maybe late Spring 09.

Janka
September 26th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I just realized today that my hair is BRAIDED at BSL:shocked:.
So my goal might not be that far ;-)
I plan not to let my hairdresser cut more than 1'' max. next time and try to do more S&D, wear my hair up most of the time and maybe convince her to do just dusting...
As for my "intermediate" styles, I just discovered this site and want to learn all these amazing updos. I already bought a pair of hair sticks (and broke one this morning :rolleyes:). I need to learn the flower bun for my brother's wedding, so I only have 3 weeks to learn and practice;)
Usually, I just twist my hair and fix it with a claw (I already need to look for the bigger ones). Or I braid it (I can only do basic braid, I always envy the french braids), or simply have a ponytail. But from now on, I want to learn more updos and try them.
It's just fun hearing my family and friends say on my "hair-down days": wow, your hair has got long! Even my cousin, who always tried to keep me from growing my hair, admitted it was long and looked good (I had large curls/waves from my wedding hair rehearsal). Sometimes I think they are a bit jalous...
It's fun seeing people form all over the world in this forum and sharing their tips and experiences or even disasters. I already learned a lot and want more :D

rhubarbarin
September 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I should reach waist (streched) by January! Of course, that is when my next trim is scheduled and I will probably end up taking off several inches.. still, I am getting closer to thicker longer hair.

kowlrea
September 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Hi kowlrea -- I missed your request for advice upthread. I think others might have missed it, too, since this seems more of a "check-in" kind of thread. :)

I don't have any advice about the growth thing myself, but maybe you should start another thread on the Mane forum asking for help? More people would see it there and you'd probably get some good answers. :flower:

thanks

anyone ever heard of someone's terminal length being BSL ?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM
thanks

anyone ever heard of someone's terminal length being BSL ?

Yeah, but that is only if your hair doesn't grow for over a yr.

kowlrea
September 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah, but that is only if your hair doesn't grow for over a yr.
hmmm thanks :)

nisolu
September 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm so glad I found this thread. I am just below BSL and can't wait to get to waist. My hair is very layered though and I'm trying to grow them out. Should I get the layers trimmed?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread. I am just below BSL and can't wait to get to waist. My hair is very layered though and I'm trying to grow them out. Should I get the layers trimmed?

I have layers as well and I have to plans to trim. I can see the maybe they start knotting and nothing helps? I did have a trim once at a salon and she did trim the layers separately for me earlier this year.

Wonder17
September 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM
So glad I joined! I still have a long way to go until I get to waist, but it's so cool to talk people about this!
Should I trim it now that my hair is BSL or just wait until I get to waist? I strongly don't wanna trim, but if it's really important, I will...so, what say u?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM
So glad I joined! I still have a long way to go until I get to waist, but it's so cool to talk people about this!
Should I trim it now that my hair is BSL or just wait until I get to waist? I strongly don't wanna trim, but if it's really important, I will...so, what say u?

It's all personal preference. I have no plans to trim until I hit waist (4inches) There is no wrong or right about when to trim.

Ohio Sky
September 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I have officially hit waist. :D (pic in my album- private)

I am debating whether to start trimming now to get rid of layers or just let it keep doing it's thing. I have only done two 1/4 inch trims in the last year, and there isn't a split in sight, so I'm kinda leaning toward growing until I would actually benefit from a trim.

Bronwyn Grace
September 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'm BSL or a little past BSL... it kind of varies, lol. -pokes avatar- Those are just braid waves, and it's BSL, so I'm leaning towards it being BSL+. :)

I have a long torso, so my waist is kind of far from my bra strap (for some reason it doesn't look that way in my avatar, but it is, trust me). -sigh- Oh well! :D

Ohio Sky - CONGRATS! :D

Ohio Sky
September 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I'm BSL or a little past BSL... it kind of varies, lol. -pokes avatar- Those are just braid waves, and it's BSL, so I'm leaning towards it being BSL+. :)

I have a long torso, so my waist is kind of far from my bra strap (for some reason it doesn't look that way in my avatar, but it is, trust me). -sigh- Oh well! :D

Ohio Sky - CONGRATS! :D

Thanks. :D

I know what you mean about being long-torso-ed (er...?). My hair is almost 30" long and just hitting waist. (I'm 5'8 ).

Bronwyn Grace
September 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks. :D

I know what you mean about being long-torso-ed (er...?). My hair is almost 30" long and just hitting waist. (I'm 5'8 ).

I'm 5' 2", but I swear, my legs are little stumps. Lol, so all my height is in my torso... I'm not very proportionate. ;)

I haven't measured my hair yet, but it seems to me that it's been BSL for the longest time... lol. Or maybe I'm just impatient... :P

Ohio Sky
September 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm 5' 2", but I swear, my legs are little stumps. Lol, so all my height is in my torso... I'm not very proportionate. ;)

I haven't measured my hair yet, but it seems to me that it's been BSL for the longest time... lol. Or maybe I'm just impatient... :P

BSL was like that for me too. Luckily, more important stuff was going on in my life around that time, and I was too stressed out to pay attention to my hair, so I just took it down one day and I was at waist! LOL :D

melikai
September 29th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Congratulations, Ohio Sky - lucky you!

I just measured and from where I am now (BSL is pretty much 27" on me), I still have 5 inches to go to waist! Is this normal?? Seems freakishly long....

Plus, my hair hasn't grown in the last 3 weeks at all :(

morningstar
September 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well I was at 28 inches about 5 months ago. Unfortunately I cut a lot off and am now only back at 26 inches. I have been growing from neck length for 2 and 1/2 years now. It will take me another year to grow the 5 or 6 inches to waist. Every single time I look in the mirror, BSL looks so short to me. Ack.

I hear ya and am in the same sad boat. I chopped 2" off in July and it looks the same as it did in July. Well it is at the bottom of my bra strap. At this rate it will be May before I am at waist. :mad:

Isblå
September 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm in! I am at BSL now, and waist is my goal. I have no idea of how long this will take, as I have never measured my growth rate before. At least I had a haircut only a few weeks ago, so that won't be necessary for a while. After I threw out the old brush (with plastic nubbies on metal bristles) and bought my first pick and BBB I think I will be able to space out my trims considerably.

By the way, I would be thankful if any of you have any tips for good updos that could work for me. I have rather thick hair, and a lot of layers so it is hard to fit everything in there.

Albrun
September 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Finally I'm at 'can I call this waist?'. It was really hard, because my just grow 1/4 inch per month.

Rae~
September 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I felt like I was finally approaching waist, until I trimmed about 4 inches off a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm back at 28.5", but at least my ends feel *fabulous*. :D So all is good. I guess I'll get there eventually..... :)

jessie58
September 30th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Congratulations, Ohio Sky - lucky you!

I just measured and from where I am now (BSL is pretty much 27" on me), I still have 5 inches to go to waist! Is this normal?? Seems freakishly long....

Plus, my hair hasn't grown in the last 3 weeks at all :(

Me too. My old lady bra measures 28" at the bottom. I only consider that BSL when I get there. My waist is 31". I am 5'4".

jessie58
September 30th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I felt like I was finally approaching waist, until I trimmed about 4 inches off a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm back at 28.5", but at least my ends feel *fabulous*. :D So all is good. I guess I'll get there eventually..... :)

Rae, I agree with the quality over quantity. I don't want my hair to be a certain length if it's only stringy or gets all velcro-y. I enjoy it much more if it feels good and I don't have to fight with it. We want to enjoy the hair experience right?:D

Rae~
September 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hi jessie58, I know what you mean. Some people seem to be able to get away with some damage on their ends and still have their hair look nice, but not me, so I've become used to sacrificing a little length to regain "healthy" ends. My hair is difficult enough when it's completely healthy, but when it's damaged it's really not fun to deal with at all! As you say, I do want to enjoy my hair :)

I do look forward to regaining that length, though! :D

Brianna
October 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
I think I posted in the previous thread on this, but I guess there's no harm in posting again. :p

My waist isn't too far down from BSL, so I don't think I have a very long wait...maybe a few more months, and I'm there. Although, I think I would be there already if the hairdresser hadn't been so free with the scissors the last time I had a trim. :rolleyes: I'm maybe an inch or two past BSL (stretched), and I think waist may be two or three inches more...I guess I should hit it by the end of the year or early next? Anyway, I can't wait. :D

lora410
October 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
lets all sing "all we want for christmas or the new year is waist length hair " :rollin:

xrosiex
October 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'm bumping up this tread. Just wondering how everyones progress is going? I'm dont think I'm gonna be a waist by christmas. I had a trim and several dustings. Maybe I'll see waist by next summer. Darn my waist keeps getting father away.:rolleyes:.

Brianna
October 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I find it difficult to really check by myself, but I think I'm just about at waist when wet. :) Maybe two inches away when dry. So I'm crossing my fingers for a growth spurt to get me to waist by Christmas. :D

lora410
October 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I have 3.5 inches to go and I am just ignorning it right now :)

orbiting
October 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM
My hair is finally BSL at 26.5". It feels short, how weird is that? :P It has about 4-5" before it's waist length.

I had to trim it a bit recently (maybe .5"). It was tangling horribly, and then it still was so I took the S&D route, which worked well... and switched poo/co to something with more moisture. The tangling was really so bad I was considering a nice chin length bob :P But I'm all better now! :D

ole gray mare
October 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I expect to hit waist on November 28. Yes, I'm that specific about the date. ;)

Eireann
October 10th, 2008, 02:39 PM
It seemed to take forever to hit BSL. I'm a wavy, and there was top of BSL when straight, then there was top of BSL when wavy, and then bottom of BSL when wavy. Finally, I am officially PAST BSL. When I have my hair down, I constantly reach back and feel that it is actually below where I can feel my bra strap. How crazy is that? Probably another 6 inches to waist (I'm short), and if my growth rate keeps up to where it's been, that'll be less than a year. Yay!! I bought some vintage plastic hairforks on e-bay (my first "hairtoys" other than barettes or jaw clips from CVS) and I LOVE them! I've been wearing my hair in a simple French twist held by one of the aforementioned, and getting lots of compliments. I am really enjoyng my hair these days, which is good because it helps me resist the scissors!

Thrasher07
October 10th, 2008, 07:10 PM
If I recall correctly, my last proper cut (eg hairdressers cut) was in February 2007 and back then I suppose I was above/on bra strap level. I've had people say they think I'm at waist length now and people say I'm not quite there yet, so I guess it's taken me what? A year and a half to get to waist length? (If I'm even at waist length now!) Although I'm on 31"s so far, I'm quite small so this means I'm either on waist length now or (what I think is true) I will be by 32"s.

lora410
October 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
If I recall correctly, my last proper cut (eg hairdressers cut) was in February 2007 and back then I suppose I was above/on bra strap level. I've had people say they think I'm at waist length now and people say I'm not quite there yet, so I guess it's taken me what? A year and a half to get to waist length? (If I'm even at waist length now!) Although I'm on 31"s so far, I'm quite small so this means I'm either on waist length now or (what I think is true) I will be by 32"s.

In your icon Pict you look almost hip length and definitely past waist :)

Thrasher07
October 13th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Wow! I had no idea! :D

Monsterkitti
October 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone :) Ive just got to BSL :D I need a trim to tidy up splits but should still be just BSL afterwards. Have about 7" till waist so about xmas next year I guess.

lora410
October 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Wow! I had no idea! :D

Yeah your wiast is the narrowest area, or aka the belly button, and you look past that. Lucky you :)

lora410
October 14th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hello everyone :) Ive just got to BSL :D I need a trim to tidy up splits but should still be just BSL afterwards. Have about 7" till waist so about xmas next year I guess.

It depends on how fast ya grow, but welcome to bsl :D

Heidi_234
October 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I have few locks of hair almost reaching my waist, but most of my hair is still hanging little past BSL.
And it's so frustrating! I hate those layers!
And, to make things worse, my hair is super curly, so any length that I do have, doesn't show anyway.
My goal is classic probably, or at least tailbone, but growing out these layer just takes forever. :steam :wail: :brickwall :sad :horse:

JessTheMess
October 14th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I have few locks of hair almost reaching my waist, but most of my hair is still hanging little past BSL.
And it's so frustrating! I hate those layers!
And, to make things worse, my hair is super curly, so any length that I do have, doesn't show anyway.
My goal is classic probably, or at least tailbone, but growing out these layer just takes forever. :steam :wail: :brickwall :sad :horse:

I HATE layers too!!! It makes me feel like I am cheating when I say I am at BSL. My shortest layer is SL :'( Not to mention they completely kill whatever thickness you would have had:rolleyes:

I'm dealing right now with a rebellious canopy that is coarse and wiry and all around crappy looking, but the hair underneath it is so nice... I guess it is from cutting the fringe and constantly heat styling it. Now it is getting me back :mad: Some days I'd like to chop it all off and start over, but I know I'd regret it

Heidi_234
October 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I HATE layers too!!! It makes me feel like I am cheating when I say I am at BSL. My shortest layer is SL :'( Not to mention they completely kill whatever thickness you would have had:rolleyes:
I'm dealing right now with a rebellious canopy that is coarse and wiry and all around crappy looking, but the hair underneath it is so nice... I guess it is from cutting the fringe and constantly heat styling it. Now it is getting me back :mad: Some days I'd like to chop it all off and start over, but I know I'd regret it
Yeah, I agree. I feel like those 31" shown on the left are quite misleading. I really really want the shortest layers to get to the waist already. I can't stand it. :wail:
Btw, I have bangs too, which I mistreat because they are short and grow out fast and I don't care much about them so I iron them constantly. I plan to let go soon, and grow them out as well (which is going to be royal pain in the ass urgh).

lora410
October 14th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I agree. I feel like those 31" shown on the left are quite misleading. I really really want the shortest layers to get to the waist already. I can't stand it. :wail:
Btw, I have bangs too, which I mistreat because they are short and grow out fast and I don't care much about them so I iron them constantly. I plan to let go soon, and grow them out as well (which is going to be royal pain in the ass urgh).

I'm in the layer boat to. All of my layers except the one hanging at collarbone are grown in. You can see the collarbone layer in the sig pict. It makes my hair look deformed..lol

Heidi_234
October 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah not that you're pointing it out, I can definitely see it.
At least you got most of your hair long.

lora410
October 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah not that you're pointing it out, I can definitely see it.
At least you got most of your hair long.

I am not sure how, but I know my hair grows in layer spurts. My top is at a stall while the bottom half is going nuts. Then ill stall out on the bottoms and spit out hair on the top. i am a strange grower indeed.

Heidi_234
October 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I am not sure how, but I know my hair grows in layer spurts. My top is at a stall while the bottom half is going nuts. Then ill stall out on the bottoms and spit out hair on the top. i am a strange grower indeed.

Oh yeah!:bigeyes:
My topmost layer drys out the most, and gets splits in no time, that's why I'm having so much trouble with it. I could've been truly almost at waist if it wasn't for that. sucks huh?

lora410
October 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Oh yeah!:bigeyes:
My topmost layer drys out the most, and gets splits in no time, that's why I'm having so much trouble with it. I could've been truly almost at waist if it wasn't for that. sucks huh?

:lol: my hair splits if I look at it the wrong way. The sucky part is my ends aren't as thick as they would be if the top layer was grown in; as well as the layer 1 inch from the bottom.

Monsterkitti
October 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Im hating my layers, make growing so much more difficult :(

My longest layer is now BSL but then it ranges all the way up to my face framing layers which are just past chin length.

MsBubbles
October 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well I'm still maintaining at BSL because of my layers. I had a pretty pronounced V until mid-summer when I started doing self-trims. It is at least still growing to 25" each month. Seems like my damaged canopy will never get to 25" and when it does who knows what state it'll be in. I am hoping to be at blunt 25" hemline by Feb 2009. It's silly, when I'm at work processing payments and see card expiration dates as Feb 2009, all I can do is think 'yay, that's my blunt hemline date!".

I can't wait to let it all go waistwards finally in spring next year - then I'll find out if my hair will indeed grow as long as waist ever in my lifetime.

Krifantasy
October 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I am now at BSL length as well. I am trying to get to Classic, but as waist is on the way, it will be nice to have some company. I am really just starting out and have started a hair journal on my computer to keep track of how well I do and what I am doing. I figure I have about 6 inches to go to my waist, but as my hair is somewhat curly it can be hard to measure.

Wishing everyone else good luck!

Monsterkitti
October 20th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Did my mini trim of the longest layers, maybe 2 or 3 cm just to try and clear some of the splits. Trimming really shows up how little is actually at the longest point :/ More S&D for me I guess..

Janka
October 20th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I did not matter my layers because most of my hair is the same length. I like the bangs that flatter my face when I'm wearing my hair down. It's just around my face and starts at length.
BUT
As I'm trying to learn new styles found here, my layers start bothering me. I actually managed to do a rope braid (at the first try, and at 7 in the morning! :-D), but all my layers were sticking out. I recognized the rope braid in in, but I fear no one else would ;-)
So next time at my hair dresser, I will only let her cut only the ends because of split. I hope she will understand. The big problem with haridressers is that they have no sense of how much 1cm is. They seem to automatically work in inches... When I say only 1cm, at least 1 inch is gone. It's not very funny as 1 inch = 2,54 cm. Imagine when I say 2 cm and suddenly 2 inches are gone...
I also don't want her to cut any layers in any more. I need my fringe (very large forehead and a 10 cm scar right in the middle of it), but I will try to get rid of the other layers. Lots of cool styles simply work with one-length hair only :-(

MandaMom2Three
October 20th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Let's see, I mostly just use a low ponytail or put the top portion in a ponytail. I also like to have 2 braids, just braided a little then loose below that (like Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz). I like buns, but my hair is just too thin. Unless I have a TON of length it makes a TEENY TINY bun :p

Medievalhair
October 20th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm right at BSL with some taper, after my summer trim. It has reached BSL. Hopefully by my birthday it will be waist length. I wear either buns or braids, alot.

lora410
October 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'm right at BSL with some taper, after my summer trim. It has reached BSL. Hopefully by my birthday it will be waist length. I wear either buns or braids, alot.

In your pict there you look well past waist. Did you cut your hair back?

Medievalhair
October 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
In your pict there you look well past waist. Did you cut your hair back?
Yes that pic is from before I cut my hair back to collar length to get rid of damage and bangs.:boohoo:

That pic is reminder of how long it used be and how much longer I want it. :):)

lora410
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yes that pic is from before I cut my hair back to collar length to get rid of damage and bangs.:boohoo:

That pic is reminder of how long it used be and how much longer I want it. :):)

When I was a teenager I did that MANY times and regretted it each time. Now I am in for the long haul.

Heidi_234
October 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Update update update!
I'm so happy! :D:D:D:D
My longest lock of hair is waist length now. I'm so so happy!! :D:D
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Now I only need the rest to catch up. :)
Yay!

lora410
October 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Update update update!
I'm so happy! :D:D:D:D
My longest lock of hair is waist length now. I'm so so happy!! :D:D
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Now I only need the rest to catch up. :)
Yay!

WOOOHOO YOU GO GIRL

rhubarbarin
October 27th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I just started measuring my hair again. My longest lock is just over 27". Waist is 30". However my hair will have to be at least 32" (hip on me) for it to fall at waist in its natural state.. and I have a lot of trimming to do! So who knows when I will actually get there.

Monsterkitti
October 28th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Congrats Heidi234! :)

Im keeping my hair in updos till Xmas so hope I'll be even a teeny bit closer to waist next time I measure :)

Krifantasy
October 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Grats Heidi_234! That is wonderful.

How often do most of you measure? I did about a month ago, but I am trying to ignore it as the watched pot never boils.

Heidi_234
October 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys ^^
My first real measure was when I joined TLHC (merely 3 weeks ago), so I myself still don't have some routine to follow. I think once a month is reasonable enough, since the average growth is about half an inch per month or maybe more.

Morningglory
October 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I grew from BSL to Waist last year. It took me about ten months to reach waist without a trim.:) Then I trimmed a little bit of the thin ends that were still past waist.

So, it takes about a year from BSL to WAIST!:cheese:

MischiefsMuse
October 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
My hair has been hovering waist length and longer than BSL for ages. I can get to WL but then I notice how dry and damaged the ends are and I can't stand it. Several years ago I spent a summer teaching swim lessons and I'm pretty sure I've just finished growing out the damage from those months of chlorine. I won't allow my hair to be long but FRIED. I'm pretty picky about how I handle my hair. No heat tools, very little hairspray and only occasionally.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to find a stylist who actually understands Looong hair. I get so tired of them soaping the whole length, combing the heck out of it with a tiny toothed comb and then filling it with sticky product and blow drying it! Grrr. I've got a better stylist now but she still doesn't get it. As it is, I have a trim schedule now. Basically I'm trying to dust every 6-8 weeks so that I can avoid the heart breaking 4-6" 'trim' needed to even things up. I'll be poking around here to look at the vitamins everyone has tried as well...

Heidi_234
October 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM
My hair has been hovering waist length and longer than BSL for ages. I can get to WL but then I notice how dry and damaged the ends are and I can't stand it. Several years ago I spent a summer teaching swim lessons and I'm pretty sure I've just finished growing out the damage from those months of chlorine. I won't allow my hair to be long but FRIED. I'm pretty picky about how I handle my hair. No heat tools, very little hairspray and only occasionally.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to find a stylist who actually understands Looong hair. I get so tired of them soaping the whole length, combing the heck out of it with a tiny toothed comb and then filling it with sticky product and blow drying it! Grrr. I've got a better stylist now but she still doesn't get it. As it is, I have a trim schedule now. Basically I'm trying to dust every 6-8 weeks so that I can avoid the heart breaking 4-6" 'trim' needed to even things up. I'll be poking around here to look at the vitamins everyone has tried as well...

Hey,
I gave up on hairstylists altogether (for as long as I can, because if all my ends get splits again I'll have to submit). I used to trim every 2 months and got stuck between BSL and WL forever, AND with layers. I found out recently that avoiding the hair salon just scored me partial waist length now. I have a blog post about this whole hairstylist deal (but I don't know how you'll view it, you'll have to reach 25 posts before you can.. :/).

MischiefsMuse
October 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
lol, thanks Heidi. I'll try to remember to check your blog when I finally post enough to be let out of the nursery ;) I've partially done away with stylists but not completely. I only go to the stylist for every other dusting. The inbetweens are done by my aunt who does exactly what I want but doesn't feel comfortable trimming my face framing bits. As it is, before that it was at least 6 months between cuts so this most recent stylist hasn't had much opportunity for me to 'train' her properly :D

LaurelSpring
November 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I feel like I have been stuck at BSL forever! I have officially given up on trims and finally see a tiny bit of progress in the back but when I have it in a braid it looks the same to me. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Periwinkle
November 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Pulled straight, my hair's only an inch and a bit from my waist! Yay!

MsBubbles
November 3rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
I feel like I have been stuck at BSL forever!

I feel your pain! And hey, it looks like we're also (fraternal?) hair twins! How long would waist be on you? You're already at 26".

Monsterkitti
November 5th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Nearly there Periwinkle (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=14672) :)

Im not measuring till xmas and really hoping im kidding myself but it actually feels a bit longer :)

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I grew from BSL to Waist last year. It took me about ten months to reach waist without a trim.:) Then I trimmed a little bit of the thin ends that were still past waist.

So, it takes about a year from BSL to WAIST!:cheese:

Somehow that doesn't make me feel good that it takes that long:rollin:

aries
November 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'll join in on this one to. I don't know when it happened but my hair passed bra strap at some point. I keep it up all the time or braided so don't pay attention. I have no idea how far from waist I am but I think it's between 2 and 3". Will have to have hubby help me measure. It's been a very long road due to layers and damage, couldn't stand the layers so grew it to one length then let it grow. A few more months and I think I'll be at waist though.

Heidi_234
November 5th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Somehow that doesn't make me feel good that it takes that long:rollin:
Look, it will take you much less time than me! I had it growing from BSL to waist for years, due to lack of knowlegde. You, on the other hand are here on LHC, so it will be fairly faster for you. ;)
BTW, finally (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1927&pictureid=24417)!:cheese:

rhubarbarin
November 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I'm at 27", only 3" from waist (pulled straight - for my hair to hit at waist in it's natural state it will have to be past hip), but I've written out my schedule for 2009 and am planning on cutting 3" during the year. So.. I probably won't be at waist for real until the last few months of 09. Sigh.

But, most of my hair is damaged broken dry bleached crap! So I'm not going to be sorry to see it go. It's hard to resist cutting back up to my shoulders it's so bad, but I want long hair, so I'm compromising.

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Look, it will take you much less time than me! I had it growing from BSL to waist for years, due to lack of knowlegde. You, on the other hand are here on LHC, so it will be fairly faster for you. ;)
BTW, finally (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1927&pictureid=24417)!:cheese:

omg your hair is stunning and I love the rope braids :thud:

Heidi_234
November 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
omg your hair is stunning and I love the rope braids :thud:
Thank you dear. Actually those are not rope braids. Rope braids look something like this:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/1245615501_af92c38bf1.jpg?v=0
If you're interested, here are instructions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=47) how to make one.
I found out that if I air dry my hair in a rope braid, it comes out in those awsome barrel curls since it's so curly by nature. That's my secret weapon against puffy hair.

atlantaz3
November 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM
At 25" currently and hoping for waist, I'll chime in. I hope to be 28" by July or August, which I'm just guessing will be terminal for me. My calculation is 4" a year times 7 years (age of average hair?) will equal 28". Waist is somewhere between 29-30, I can only hope.
PS Waist would be close to the bottom of my siggy pic.

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM
At 25" currently and hoping for waist, I'll chime in. I hope to be 28" by July or August, which I'm just guessing will be terminal for me. My calculation is 4" a year times 7 years (age of average hair?) will equal 28". Waist is somewhere between 29-30, I can only hope.
PS Waist would be close to the bottom of my siggy pic.

Usually you can tell by hemline thinness, and your hemline is very thick. I do not think waist will be terminal for you. I have been past waist before so I know I will atleast get that far.

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Can I join you? I am only on my top strap (proudly points to siggi!!) but I am there woot!!! wont know how many inches I got until i measure in December!!

lora410
November 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Can I join you? I am only on my top strap (proudly points to siggi!!) but I am there woot!!! wont know how many inches I got until i measure in December!!

OF COURSE YOU CAN :D

Monsterkitti
November 12th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Welcome Jojo :) your hair is looking gorgeous, so shiny :)

Hair feels like its not growing again :/ Silly cause its up all the time so dont actually have any idea :) Will have to wait till xmas eve to see :)

Dientje
November 12th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I'd like to join as well! My hair has finally reached BSL, or actually, is now just a little past it. It is now 27". I guess I will have 6" to go to waist. So hopefully next summer I will hit waist...

This picture was taken in June this year (showing my braid waves), and it has grown a little since then.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/Dientje007/28-06-2008braidwaves-1.jpg

chicken
November 12th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I'm at 27.5 and have about 3 inches to go until waist. That will be next summer, I think - if I don't cut so much in between :-) Funny: The longer my hair is, the wavier it becomes... so I have to wait much longer. I've never had wavy hair, it started two years ago...

Patrycja
November 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN852423.jpg

This is my November shot.It doesn't show my ends but they are a few inches above waist :happydance:

Curlsgirl
November 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Still waiting....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Stacy_E
November 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I felt like I had a growth stall once I reached BSL last July, but I think the growth has picked up some lately. Now I'm about 1-2 inches below BSL! I can't wait to reach waist!

lora410
November 12th, 2008, 08:57 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN852423.jpg

This is my November shot.It doesn't show my ends but they are a few inches above waist :happydance:

Wow very beautiful. My hair is still growing (amen) it is an inch longer . My landmarks are my boobs :rollin: I have about 2.5-3" at the most inches till waist. yaaay

Ryanne
November 12th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Can I join?
I don't know how long my hair is, everytime I tried to measure it, I messed up.
So I'll post a picture instead.
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4171/tlhcpicnt7.png

lora410
November 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Can I join?
I don't know how long my hair is, everytime I tried to measure it, I messed up.
So I'll post a picture instead.
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4171/tlhcpicnt7.png

the way to know is if the hair touches the bottom part of your bra strap either curly or straight. Some people though consider it bsl at the top of the strap, but you are more then welcome either way :D

Ryanne
November 12th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm already past bsl, but I don't know the number. :)

JessTheMess
November 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Still in the midback abyss. I just reached the bottom of my bra strap again after a trim a few months back. I can't wait to be at waist ...le sob :(

NurseMama
November 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Let me join up... I still have about 5-6 inches before waist. The problem that I am dealing with are these freaking layers. I don't want to chop off 4 inches to just have a blunt hairline. My plan is to just do midrotrims on the ends only, S&D the layers, and once it is at waist start doing 1/2-1 inch trims every month or so until the layers are gone.

Happy thought though! I was just able to do my first figure eight yesterday! Before, my layers stuck out too much, but they are finally long enough to stay controlled in that hairstyle.

Katze
November 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I'm in the trim abyss, trying hard to thicken up my hemline. Today I noticed that the worst of the taper really begins where the color begins, at the ends of my hair, and around the area where the longest layers are. If I were to cut, I'd lose 3-5 inches, maybe get most of my hair all one length - and be back at Square One (the length I started at).

So I am slowly trimming the wispiest ends, but now vow No More Trims In 2008 (I hope I can stick with this).

I'd love to get to waist next year, but 4 inches between now and next December, given how much taper I have, might not happen.

I feel kind of eternally stuck at BSL. The good news is, my crown hair is growing in SUPER thick (it was before, but really took off during pregnancy) and I hope that I will keep this thickness when the baby comes. The rest of my family has fairly thick, if fine, hair, and mine wasn't thin as a kid.

Waist for me is 30 inches, and I am around 26-27 now (not full BSL). Short-waisted. :D

florenonite
November 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I dreamt last night that my hair was waist-length, and was disappointed to discover that it's still in the only-just-BSL realm.

lora410
November 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I dreamt last night that my hair was waist-length, and was disappointed to discover that it's still in the only-just-BSL realm.

Yeah, I really hate them dreams :(

jojo
November 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I'm in the trim abyss, trying hard to thicken up my hemline. Today I noticed that the worst of the taper really begins where the color begins, at the ends of my hair, and around the area where the longest layers are. If I were to cut, I'd lose 3-5 inches, maybe get most of my hair all one length - and be back at Square One (the length I started at).

So I am slowly trimming the wispiest ends, but now vow No More Trims In 2008 (I hope I can stick with this).

I'd love to get to waist next year, but 4 inches between now and next December, given how much taper I have, might not happen.

I feel kind of eternally stuck at BSL. The good news is, my crown hair is growing in SUPER thick (it was before, but really took off during pregnancy) and I hope that I will keep this thickness when the baby comes. The rest of my family has fairly thick, if fine, hair, and mine wasn't thin as a kid.

Waist for me is 30 inches, and I am around 26-27 now (not full BSL). Short-waisted. :D

We have the same measurements waist isnt such a long haul (hopefully!:D) for us short waisted ones!

jojo
November 12th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome everybody, although i am only a baby BSL I hope to be a fully pledged grown up BSL by christmas. From past experiences I normally grow pretty quick from BSL to waist! pleeeeeeeease let this be the case once more!

Eireann
November 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Today, I had my first salon trim since March. It's still BSL (it was a little below BSL before the trim.) I'm glad I did it, and it feels great and looks good, but I can't help feeling a little sad about losing even a tiny bit of length. I'm going to try to go trimless until waist (except my bangs).

AnnaMarie
November 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Great I'd like to join in too if I may?:)
I'm just below BSL at 27" and I would like to reach Waist length but with my hair forward over my shoulders (if you know what I mean) Which means I have about 5'' to go (I am another one with a long torso lol). I've just done a pretty serious S&D as my ends were very damaged. I thought it would take about 2 years but I'd be please if it only took 1! If I don't trim I should get there in a year I hope! :joy:

helen2806
November 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I finally reached BSL a couple of months ago, but tomorrow I'm going for a much needed trim (super dry ends :() so I'll be back to just above it... going to be EXTRA careful from then on so I can reach my goal of waist as soon as possible!

florenonite
November 13th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I'm starting to get a wee bit annoyed at myself for my trim in September. Yes, the ends needed it, but I was projecting to be at waist by Christmas (I was at 27" before the trim, waist is 29" on me), and I should have waited till then to trim slowly to fix the ends. Now I'm back where I was in April, pushing me back six months, with no hope of a summer growth sput for longer, either. Waist was where I was thinking I'd finally be happy with my hair length (though my ultimate goal is hip), though I'd even be content with a long BSL (fully covering strap) to mid-back-abyss length, which I'm not going to get for a while as I'm only just touching the bra strap as it is (though it depends on the bra I'm wearing).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just beating myself up enough over other stuff without worrying about my hair, too.

Mishka_84
November 13th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I'm so happy! I've been trying not to think of length, so I was surprised when Manderly pointed out to me the other day that my hair was halfway from BSL to Waist. I had to stop and look at it, and sure enough!!! :D I'm at 28" now, and waist for me is 30.5. So I've only got 2.5 inches to go (to waist, anyways... I'm not going to stop there!)!

lora410
November 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'm so happy! I've been trying not to think of length, so I was surprised when Manderly pointed out to me the other day that my hair was halfway from BSL to Waist. I had to stop and look at it, and sure enough!!! :D I'm at 28" now, and waist for me is 30.5. So I've only got 2.5 inches to go (to waist, anyways... I'm not going to stop there!)!

YAAAAY :cheese:

lyria
November 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm at BSL now, maybe a little past, and still have 5-6 inches to go to waist (being 5 10 definitely has its down sides). I'm happy to have found this group!

Does anyone have fun hairstyles to share? I like a single hair stick bun, but now that my hair is longer the ends are falling out of the bun so it's looking pretty messy. Any suggestions?

kowlrea
November 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
im slowly but surely getting there , most likely will get there this time next year

Rae~
November 19th, 2008, 02:20 AM
lyria, when I was at your length I found the wrap-knot bun worked well for me..... photos here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=298&pictureid=4993) (more in that album) and a video demo here (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8zii8JtlWj4), if it helps. :)

jojo
November 19th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I have grown a smidgen over my bra strap so praying for a proper BSL by christmas still.....

Monsterkitti
November 19th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Fingers crossed for bottom of BS for xmas and then hopefully waist by xmas 2009. Wow that seems to far away :/

MsBubbles
November 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm starting to get a wee bit annoyed at myself for my trim in September. Yes, the ends needed it, but I was projecting to be at waist by Christmas (I was at 27" before the trim, waist is 29" on me), and I should have waited till then to trim slowly to fix the ends. Now I'm back where I was in April, pushing me back six months, with no hope of a summer growth sput for longer, either. Waist was where I was thinking I'd finally be happy with my hair length (though my ultimate goal is hip), though I'd even be content with a long BSL (fully covering strap) to mid-back-abyss length, which I'm not going to get for a while as I'm only just touching the bra strap as it is (though it depends on the bra I'm wearing). Sorry for the rant, I'm just beating myself up enough over other stuff without worrying about my hair, too.

I understand your frustration, believe me. But I think, personally, that damage-control and trims are inevitable, so don't be too hard on yourself. I recently had to rethink my timetable of what-month-in-what-year will I be waist length, and it really got me down. Anyway, at least our ends are better, right? :)

Brianna
November 19th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Sometimes I really hate being a wavy. :rolleyes: My hair has definitely hit waist-when-wet/stretched, but as I don't normally go out with sopping wet hair, it doesn't show! Argh!

It's about an inch or two away when dry, but I don't know how much it really has to grow to catch up. :nono: I wish it would hurry up and grow, the lazy bugger!

rhubarbarin
November 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM
My hair is really starting to get in my way. Once it's mid-back suddenly it gets caught on everything.. especially my boyfriend. I get my hair caught in his armpit twice a day.:rolleyes:

lyria
November 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
lyria, when I was at your length I found the wrap-knot bun worked well for me..... photos here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=298&pictureid=4993) (more in that album) and a video demo here (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8zii8JtlWj4), if it helps. :)

Thank you so much! wow that was really easy and holds so well. This is definitely how I'm wearing my hair tomorrow! :inlove:

NurseMama
November 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Thanks for this link! I have been doing the Karenlynn knot for awhile now, but this is new! Thanks!

lyria
November 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for this link! I have been doing the Karenlynn knot for awhile now, but this is new! Thanks!

Ooo! Your siggy hair is lovely NurseMama! Is that the Karenlynn knot? How did you do it?

butterflykisses
November 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hiya! New to this thread, but I am glad to see so many other people with the same length as me. Depending on the waviness/straightness of my hair, on any given day I am right about BSL (bottom of brastrap) or a few inches past. An optimistic estimate is about 2-3 inches untill waist!!

However, I would like my hair to be long enough that I have a ponytail that reaches waist... which probably means tailbone should be my goal =)

Happy growing!

lora410
November 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hiya! New to this thread, but I am glad to see so many other people with the same length as me. Depending on the waviness/straightness of my hair, on any given day I am right about BSL (bottom of brastrap) or a few inches past. An optimistic estimate is about 2-3 inches untill waist!!

However, I would like my hair to be long enough that I have a ponytail that reaches waist... which probably means tailbone should be my goal =)

Happy growing!

welcome!! I have about 3 inches until waist as well. Who knew 3 inches woudl be so long to get to :)

jojo
November 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM
oh your getting so close Lora, keep on growing (im singing that!)

Rae~
November 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM
lyria and NurseMama - glad it helped! :D It's one of my favourite buns.

LaurelSpring
November 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Finally! My taper is just below my bra strap! I didnt think it would ever get there but there is progress. I have renewed hope. No trimming has been the key for me. I cant wait until I can feel it at tailbone. I may want to run around the house naked for awhile.

Phalaenopsis
November 22nd, 2008, 05:29 AM
I'm finally at BSL and I'm happy I can join in. :)
Waist is 30 inches on me. So I have 3 inches to go. Another half year at the least... And after the holidays I'll have to trim. Hmm, it will take a year I guess. I need to get those final layers out.

Phalaenopsis
November 22nd, 2008, 05:30 AM
I may want to run around the house naked for awhile.

Haha, this one is really funny :D
And I must admit, sometimes it's so tempting :bigtongue:

NurseMama
November 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Ooo! Your siggy hair is lovely NurseMama! Is that the Karenlynn knot? How did you do it?

Thanks! It is something of my own creation. I have had some suggestions that I should name it and post directions. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. It is a variation of a chinese braided bun since my braids weren't quite long enough to give the fullness that I wanted.

mugglemomof3
November 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
My hair is really starting to get in my way. Once it's mid-back suddenly it gets caught on everything.. especially my boyfriend. I get my hair caught in his armpit twice a day.:rolleyes:

I'm also getting annoyed at times by the things my hair gets caught on now that it's "long". And then that bugs me that I'm letting "long" hair annoy me when it's what I've wanted for a long time?!!! :rolleyes:

MsBubbles
November 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm also getting annoyed at times by the things my hair gets caught on now that it's "long". And then that bugs me that I'm letting "long" hair annoy me when it's what I've wanted for a long time?!!! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to getting annoyed...(at that anyway!).

LaurelSpring
November 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It seems now that I am just past BSL its a whole new ballgame. I cant get away with any slack hair treatment like I use to. If I do I get tangles and damage. Styles that use to work dont work anymore. I feel like I have finally crossed the line into "long" hair and really need to heed the advice of the long timers. Why its important to do the things that keep long long hair in good shape is making more sense now. Its going to take a bit of readjustment thats for sure. Im looking forward to seeing what comes next.

rhubarbarin
November 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I am looking forward to getting annoyed...(at that anyway!).

Yeah, it is sort of gratifying!

Anyway as many times as it gets in my way there are times when it touches a place it didn't used to, or I catch a glimpse of my reflection somewhere, and it's feeling and looking long again..:D

PhillyGirl1978@
November 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I've tried to post this before...it didn't work so here it goes again.

I am at 27" which is BSL when wet or stretched, but barely brushing BSL when dry. Waist is about 30" for me but to look like waist I'll need to got to 33". I wanna get to elbow which will be 36" when wet to look elbow when curly. I'm also gonna try to grow in my layers so when I get to 33" I'll trim my longest layer. I'm doing it gradually though cause I'm not losing my length. I wanna thicken up mu hemline and have it more even. I also hope the wieght of waist length almost one length hair will stretch some of the curl to help with tagles and shrinkage.

morningstar
November 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I am now just past bsl by an inch the most. This is taking sooooo looooonnnngggg. :(

PhillyGirl1978@
November 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I know....it's so hard to wait. I think my hair grows pretty fast since I learned how to take care of it ( I follow curly girl strictly) So really for me retention is key. I have a lot of hair so tangles become a problem and where there are tangles there is breakage. So I need to be more careful.

Monsterkitti
November 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I made a small slip up from my updo challenge and pulled my hair straight between updos to check the length :s

But...

Some of its at the bottom of BSL! :cheese:More than I was expecting, I was aiming at this point by xmas eve! :D

Now if only the other layers would catch up :)

2luvmycurls
November 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Call me a dork, but what is BSL? -- below shoulder length? Another silly question, am I at BSL? I'm trying not to obsess over measuring, just try to forget about it and then every few months think, "Hum, has my hair grown?" :)

Janka
November 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM
BSL = Bra Strap Length

I know, the abbreviations are confusing sometimes, until one gets used to them...
There is an article in the sticky post discussing the most used abbreviations here on LHC.
Happy growing everyone!

rhubarbarin
November 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Bra strap length should really be bra BAND length. What goes over your shoulder is a strap. What goes around you is a band. But whatever.

'Below shoulder' works for a lot of people, including me - the band often fits right under your shoulder blades.

Heidi_234
November 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Guys guys guys I'm at waist in my longest layer!:happydance:
:disco: :disco::disco:
It's waist in it's natural curly state, and about an inch or so to hip when stretched! But I'm not graduating this thread yet, because my top layers are just inch longer than BSL so I still need to grow them out.
My hair haven't been this long since 6th grade. Thank you LHC!! :cheese:Love you guys! :inlove::cloud9::cheer:

Monsterkitti
November 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Oh congrats Heidi!:cheese:

lyria
November 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
ooo Heidi that's fantastic! Pictures? I bet it looks beautiful!:)

Ryanne
November 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
That's great Heidi!

Heidi_234
November 28th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you guys!! I have some pics in my albums but I'll do a new one with my waist length hair and put it here soon! :grin:

lora410
November 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Guys guys guys I'm at waist in my longest layer!:happydance:
:disco: :disco::disco:
It's waist in it's natural curly state, and about an inch or so to hip when stretched! But I'm not graduating this thread yet, because my top layers are just inch longer than BSL so I still need to grow them out.
My hair haven't been this long since 6th grade. Thank you LHC!! :cheese:Love you guys! :inlove::cloud9::cheer:

WOOHOOO YOU GROW GIRL :D

lora410
November 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Call me a dork, but what is BSL? -- below shoulder length? Another silly question, am I at BSL? I'm trying not to obsess over measuring, just try to forget about it and then every few months think, "Hum, has my hair grown?" :)

BSL is when your hair touches the bottom part of your bra in the back.

Chara
November 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
you all have fantastic hair. My hair is not growing at all even 1 mm. I dont know what to do:justy:Please help me. I use organic shampoos and conditioners and use jojoba oil twice a week. I started using nioxin recharging complex pills (since a month). What can I do more to make my hair grow faster. This drives me crazy and I feel terrible and ugly :(:shake:

lyria
November 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
you all have fantastic hair. My hair is not growing at all even 1 mm. I dont know what to do:justy:Please help me. I use organic shampoos and conditioners and use jojoba oil twice a week. I started using nioxin recharging complex pills (since a month). What can I do more to make my hair grow faster. This drives me crazy and I feel terrible and ugly :(:shake:

I'm sorry your are frustrated! We have all hit stalls before and I know getting through them is the pits.

It sounds like you are already taking good care of your hair, but maybe referto the newbie article? I think it gives some good starter advice like wearing updos more and shampooing less. In general I sometimes feel like benign neglect helps me get over stalls the best. Good Luck!

PaddedPushUpBra
November 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I've just hit the BSL not too long ago. I've only decided to grow out my hair to my elbows (which I guess is waist) about a month ago, so I'm still learning.

It's a little frustrating when I hear all of these cool ideas for hair, but I never can tell if they'll work for me. I take my showers at night, and I have to wash my hair everyday or else I become an oily mess. I've tried not washing between days, but my hair didn't like it. Although it does love the CWC.

I love my layers and bangs, so I'll be heading back to the salon did get a touch up on those guys in a few weeks. Fingers are crossed that I don't lose too much length!

Also, I can't manage to put my hair in an updo if my life depended on it! My hair is flat (although I've been getting more volume since I've started massaging my roots with shampoo while showering!), fine, thick, and slippery!

So wish me luck you guys, I'll certainly need it!

xrosiex
November 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm still here:(. It seems like my waist is getting farther away. I sure wish I'd get some real growth.

lyria
November 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I'm still here:(. It seems like my waist is getting farther away. I sure wish I'd get some real growth.

In your siggy picture you look soooo close! you might even be at "can i call this waist?" I think your hair looks lovely.

xrosiex
November 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
In your siggy picture you look soooo close! you might even be at "can i call this waist?" I think your hair looks lovely.

Thank you so much lyria. I think I have another inch or two before I'm truely waist.:)

Tangles
November 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you so much lyria. I think I have another inch or two before I'm truely waist.:)

No, you're at waist. Where your hands are is just below your natural waist (smallest part of body). From what I can see, anyways.

autumnsakura
November 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I've spent the last year recovering from a devastating hair cut. I asked my friend to cut off 2", and it ended up being more than 6"! Before the Big Chop, my hair was ~33" (my original goal length), and afterwards, it was about 2.5" above BSL. Now it's about the original length, but it still feels dreadfully short. I always see some awesome braid/bun/updo that my hair is just a little too short to do. *sigh*. Hopefully by summer, it'll be hip length. I'm re-starting my supplement regimen, so that might help too. I stopped in the spring, on the recommendation of my chiropractor, but I should be good to go now.
After the Chop, I resigned myself to simple pony tails and basic buns every day. It helped me forget how short it was. Now, at least, I can do more nifty styles, and I finally figured out the hair stick/ hair fork thing. How did I ever live without my hair fork?
Hang in there, ladies, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

bettybaker
November 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I hadn't measured my hair since January of '08. Today it's 24.5 inches long (although a bit of the length is at 25 inches). On my back, that falls to BSL (I'm another short-waisted type). When I joined LHC, just before the crash, my hair was 14 inches long, and I'm really glad that I've been able to grow these ten inches with the guidelines I've found in this community!

I spent my day reading over these boards again, and I'll be trying to traverse the mid-back abyss by (1. joining the no-trimming club and (2. trying to protect and moisturize my hair. I'm really excited to see that I've made so much progress--yay!

Heidi_234
November 29th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I promised a pic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1927&pictureid=25913). :)

Ryanne
November 29th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Your hair is beautiful Heidi, nice colour and length.

Phalaenopsis
November 29th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Between APL and BSL I let it all go with the flow, but now I'm a bit impatient. BSL is long hair, but I will only feel a real longhair when I'm at waist.

marajade
November 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hi- I am at waist, but I am trying to grow out my layers and get my hair a little more healthy before moving on. I would say the last 2-3 inches is dry but not split. I want to chop it bad, but I know I shouldn't because I want to keep the length. So, I am still on my waist length journey :).

Heidi_234
November 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Your hair is beautiful Heidi, nice colour and length.
Thank you. :grin:

Chara
November 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry your are frustrated! We have all hit stalls before and I know getting through them is the pits.

It sounds like you are already taking good care of your hair, but maybe referto the newbie article? I think it gives some good starter advice like wearing updos more and shampooing less. In general I sometimes feel like benign neglect helps me get over stalls the best. Good Luck!

Thank you for your support dear. It seems that my hair does not grow any more. I have relaxed hair (3 years ago, Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy (http://kuaforum.org/forum/schwarzkopf-strait-therapy-t479.0.html;topicseen)) and now my hair is half curly and half relaxed :-(. This was the worst thing happened to my hair. I guess it slow downed my hair's growing :mad:

30isthenewblack
November 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM

No, you're at waist. Where your hands are is just below your natural waist (smallest part of body). From what I can see, anyways.

I agree with Tangles. Xrosiex, your hands are below natural waist and you have definitely hit waist and heading towards hip length.

Heidi_234
November 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Thank you for your support dear. It seems that my hair does not grow any more. I have relaxed hair (3 years ago, Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy (http://kuaforum.org/forum/schwarzkopf-strait-therapy-t479.0.html;topicseen)) and now my hair is half curly and half relaxed :-(. This was the worst thing happened to my hair. I guess it slow downed my hair's growing :mad:
What's Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy?
I've been interested in the Japanese hair straitening method long long time ago, but I was hennaing and it's so expensive.
Had it damaged your hair or you just miss the curls?

Chara
November 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM
No I never miss my curls but it really damaged my hair although the company claims that it does not damage hair. It did damage my hair a lot. So now I am thinking to try x-tenso (Loreal) everyone says that it is much better. I absolutely do not reccomend straight hair therapy.

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.co.uk/en_UK/invent/strait-styling-intro/strait-styling/systems/

informaition is given in the link above :eek:

CaraLynn
December 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
I am thinking the 4th of July, 2009 I will finally be at waist length! Except for my bangs, which may not ever make it. How can the rest of my hair grow so fast and my bangs seem stuck at chin length? *sigh

lora410
December 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
I have 2.5 inches to go ladies :happydance:

CaraLynn
December 3rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Congrats!!!

Heidi_234
December 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
No I never miss my curls but it really damaged my hair although the company claims that it does not damage hair. It did damage my hair a lot. So now I am thinking to try x-tenso (Loreal) everyone says that it is much better. I absolutely do not reccomend straight hair therapy.

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.co.uk/en_UK/invent/strait-styling-intro/strait-styling/systems/

informaition is given in the link above :eek:
I hear you. Almost had something like this too several years ago.
I don't think any of those products/treatments can do any good. The best you could do to your hair is learn how to work with what you've got. I've got very curly hair, but if I air dry it in a certain way I can make it look like 2b hair type(!).
Don't fall into the same trap again. :flower:

Chara
December 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I hear you. Almost had something like this too several years ago.
I don't think any of those products/treatments can do any good. The best you could do to your hair is learn how to work with what you've got. I've got very curly hair, but if I air dry it in a certain way I can make it look like 2b hair type(!).
Don't fall into the same trap again. :flower:

Heidi thanks for the advice sweety. I almost have 2B hair and trying to achieve 2A :oops:
I was achieving very good results with Glad. And this time I will try x-tenso for the new hairs coming from the root only.:rolleyes:
:flower:

AnnaMarie
December 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hi all! I'm joining here a little later! My hair is currently 28" after growing a inch last month :cheese: It is about 1 and a half to 2 inches below my BSL. But I definately have a ways to go before I hit Waist. Darn this long torso! Its funny I thought my hair would feel long when it reached BSL but it didn't. Now I think it will feel long when it reaches Waist I guess I'll have to wait and see! So onward and downward!:)

AnnaMarie
December 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I am such a geek, I had already joined this thread, sigh:o
Excuse my silliness. While I'm here again I have a question...
How do you all manage your hair while sleeping
I find it breaks too much if I braid it. It tangles too much if I leave it out. A bun is too uncomfortable to sleep in.
Last night I tried tying it in a very high ponytail on the top of my head with a scrunchie to try and keep me from lying on the ends and to stop it from tangling. But I think this caused some hair breakage near my browline. I also have satin pillowcases which are great. Any suggestions?:confused:

Brianna
December 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
^ I usually braid my hair for sleeping, but an alternative to that which I sometimes use is the sleep-tail, or whatever it's called. I put my hair in a low ponytail and put several more hairbands down the length.

I find that my hair is far less tangled in the morning with this method than with braids. The only real reason I don't use this the most is that for me it's less pliant than a braid, and since I move around a lot when trying to sleep, it can be a bit annoying. :)

MsBubbles
December 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
How do you all manage your hair while sleeping
I find it breaks too much if I braid it. It tangles too much if I leave it out. A bun is too uncomfortable to sleep in.
Last night I tried tying it in a very high ponytail on the top of my head with a scrunchie to try and keep me from lying on the ends and to stop it from tangling. But I think this caused some hair breakage near my browline. I also have satin pillowcases which are great. Any suggestions?:confused:

I had the same problem but I was braiding then using elastic that was too tight and thin. They suggested getting the slack, thicker kind and using those loosely. This seems to be working for me for now. I put it in a really loose braid so it feels like it's about to all come undone, then wrap one of those loose floppy elastics around maybe twice and the breakage seems to have stopped for now. I braid it once I'm in bed so there's less chance for it to come undone. I bought some conair ponytailers (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detail.gsp?image=http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/41/08/49/0007410849760_500X500.jpg&product_id=10322958&iIndex=1&isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=0). This is definitely better for me than sleeping with it loose.

CaraLynn
December 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Braiding for sleep really hurts because the ponytail holder hits right between my shoulder blades....a high ponytail gives me a headache. So...I have yet to fnd a way that works until my hair is long enough that my braid is past my shoulder blades.

MsBubbles
December 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Braiding for sleep really hurts because the ponytail holder hits right between my shoulder blades....a high ponytail gives me a headache. So...I have yet to fnd a way that works until my hair is long enough that my braid is past my shoulder blades.

Well I have shorter hair than you so mine falls somewhere around the base of my neck, and my hair is pretty thin/fine and doesn't really create a bump. I'd gladly have thicker hair though :p

Medievalhair
December 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'm a little past BSL and it's getting easier to feel the ends!!