PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyling from the front

crixx_mr
May 2nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
So, for the past few months I've been learning new buns, braids, updo's, all for the sake of the health of my hair, but I've always had this issue of not liking how my hairstyles look from the front. I guess I'm so used to wearing my hair down.
Just wondering if members of the site have any particular way of styling their hair from the front :o or any tips?
If there's a a thread about this topic, please direct me to it :)

Here's a picture of my current hair length (which is somewhat longer from my avatar pic)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/946883_10151347931766595_300961484_n.jpg

Would you call this midback length?

Kaelee
May 2nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
I'd definitely call that midback, you're almost at waist! If you're not already, it's hard to tell from that pic.

What don't you like about your styles from the front? If they're too "harsh", maybe some long bangs would help?

HumanBean
May 2nd, 2013, 11:56 PM
If not bangs, then face-framing pieces you can pull down to soften the look.

lapushka
May 3rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
You look to be a good inch away from WL! Well done! :D :thumbsup: I also don't particularly like how my hair looks from the front when I wear it in buns. That's why I still wear a peacock twist (with bits poking out up top). It helps. Try it sometime.

shutterpillar
May 3rd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Whenever I have all of my hair pulled back, I usually pull down a few of my shorter pieces around my face, and that helps to soften things a little. Sometimes I will add a crown braid or twist the front and hold it with a bobby pin.

jacqueline101
May 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
I agree a new style or a new maybe some bangs would help.

imaroo
May 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Whenever I have all of my hair pulled back, I usually pull down a few of my shorter pieces around my face, and that helps to soften things a little. Sometimes I will add a crown braid or twist the front and hold it with a bobby pin.

I also do a twist or braid to the front to add a bit of height and interest and soften the overall look. I don't like the way my face looks at all with my hair pulled straight back. I also don't like pulling shorter pieces out because they tickle my face and I just end up tucking them behind my ears.

Fairlight63
May 3rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
I put on a head band then push it forward a little, pull out a little for side bangs. Or I will part my hair for side bangs (my hair is really long & I don't have "bangs". I have been growing them out for a long time from cutting in bangs before) then put on the head band & push forward some. Put hair in a bun or braid.
I sometimes comb my hair into side bangs then put in a side combs. Then put hair in a bun or what ever.

I will be watching this question also for other ideas of what to do.