PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years, and a return to LHC

racrane
May 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
So, I kind of took a break from all forums these past few months. I had surgery over Christmas (not easy with a baby) and then I started my college classes full time while doing a show (while being mommy). Being a theater major meant I had rehearsals six nights a week and classes all day twice a week. I pretty much never went online for fun. But now I'm back!

My hair: It's really darkened since I first joined here. It's natural coloring is a weird blend of strawberry blonde and light brown. Every picture taken of me makes my hair look a different color. I no longer desire to be a certain shade, but enjoy what I have. :)

My length is between BSL and waist. I have gotten two trims since August 2011, and my hairstylist is amazed at the health of my hair. I NEVER heat style anymore, and my hair is either in braids or a gentle updo most of the time. I do like coney shampoo/conditioners, but use them twice a week. (Having a baby really makes you have less time to shower)

Downside of having a baby means my hair did shed. I had to wear my hair in two braids for the recent show I was in... and was really depressed to see how thin my braids were. I thought I was going to cut my hair shorter (say shoulder length) for a while, but I didn't have the heart to. I'll just wait the thinnes out, and since my bald spot during my pregnancy went away, the worst is behind me.

Oh, and I got blunt bangs!!! I've wanted them for ages, and got the guts to cut them myself last fall. I was home with my baby and figured I might do them then. If they didn't look good, they could grow out while I was home with the baby, anyway. I LOVE THEM. I say to anyone wanting bangs for a long time - just try it out. I started out slow with sideswept and cut until I was comfortable. I maintain them myself. Kind of grumpy they become popular after I did them (Michelle Obama) but hey, I started the trend. :D I'll keep them as long as I"m happy with them.

The best thing about LHC for me, now that I've been here for two years, is that I've learned to embrace who I am, and what I am blessed with (and accepting what I am not). I'm kind of a mix of mainstream and LHC ideas.

I have no pictures as all the pictures I take are of my son (whoops). I will get working on that, I promise!

EDIT: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11101&attachmentid=4176 A picture of my son and myself (with bangs, lol)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7665&attachmentid=4178 - me getting my hair ready for my show, the only recent hair picture I have

I'm happy to be back. :)

eternallyverdan
May 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Congrats, and your bangs look adorable on you!

lapushka
May 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Welcome back, and I agree those bangs look cute on you!

jacqueline101
May 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Your hair looks great. The bangs look great.

Yozhik
May 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome back - you're so cute, as is your son, and your hair looks great! :flowers:

omgitssarah
May 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome back! Your hair's lovely! Also, go Pac!

racrane
May 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you all. :) Oh yeah, I was going to mention I'm still going for hip length, but I"m content where I am, too. :)

Angelica
May 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Lovely hair and lovely baby :)