PDA

View Full Version : So Happy to Share with You.....

A. Correira
May 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
My very first successful hair stuck updo... thing!! Haha. Ever! Never in my life have I done this! I have had longer hair than what I have now, I just never understood how to do anything with a stick!! Haha

Here is my...uh :hmm:... masterpiece!

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/photo22_zpsc9f7ad26.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/photo22_zpsc9f7ad26.jpg.html)

It is a little odd looking and the ends stick out but I was so mad at my hair today and just wanted it out of my way. It held all day so far!

I am proud of myself! I am learning new things to do with my hair!:happydance:

sisi33
May 2nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
:hifive: Congratulations!

MeowScat
May 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Awesome! I tried using a hair stick for the first time just a few months ago and I haven't used anything else since. I've had long hair for a couple decades and only used scrunchies to wear it up.

YouTube has so many styles for hair sticks, you should check it out if you haven't yet. :thumbsup:

bo-peep
May 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous - so shiny!

Congratulations on the new up-do! Now go buy some more hair sticks!

bo-peep
May 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Your hair is gorgeous - so shiny!

Congratulations on the new up-do! Now go buy some more hair sticks!

heidi w.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
It gets simpler the more you practice.
heidi w.

shutterpillar
May 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Congrats! I was completely enamored by hair sticks the first time I used one. My collection quickly grew. ;)

leslissocool
May 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Yay :cheese: congrats!

lapushka
May 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Congrats! Here's to growing your hair longer, so you can do updos like this more (and easier)! :D

A. Correira
May 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks Everyone!!! I have been practicing a few times today and already I found a way that I like! I am excited to get more hair sticks!!

But I have encountered a problem.... my husband doesn't like buns and doesn't like any of the hair stick updos he sees. He says buns make me look too old! Butt head!

jacqueline101
May 2nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Congrats and your hair looks awesome.

Anje
May 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Congrats on the first hairstick bun! I find them comfy and wear them quite a lot.

Thanks Everyone!!! I have been practicing a few times today and already I found a way that I like! I am excited to get more hair sticks!!

But I have encountered a problem.... my husband doesn't like buns and doesn't like any of the hair stick updos he sees. He says buns make me look too old! Butt head!
Yeah, if my hubby had his way, my hair would be loose all the time. And probably a lot more damaged than it is now as a result! Besides, my hair gets in the way if I leave it loose all the time, so up it goes.

♫ You can't always get what you want... ♫

A. Correira
May 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the first hairstick bun! I find them comfy and wear them quite a lot.

Yeah, if my hubby had his way, my hair would be loose all the time. And probably a lot more damaged than it is now as a result! Besides, my hair gets in the way if I leave it loose all the time, so up it goes.

♫ You can't always get what you want... ♫

Haha. Good to know I'm not the only one. When I take my hair down, he's like "Oooo, I like your hair down so much better!!"

Jesabel
May 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Nice! My hair's a little shorter than yours (going by your sig) and I can't wait til I can do up-dos with hair sticks again :D

Bagginslover
May 3rd, 2013, 03:14 AM
Tell him that if he wants your hair to keep looking so lovely down, it has to be up lots to protect it ;)

I did that, and I now get questions about how protective a new style is when my SO sees it for the first time. He even tells me off (in a fun way ;) ) if I wear braids too many times, as he knows the ends aren't protected as well as in buns!

Congrats on your first stick 'do!

A. Correira
May 3rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Nice! My hair's a little shorter than yours (going by your sig) and I can't wait til I can do up-dos with hair sticks again :D

Thanks! My sig pic is pretty old. My hair is about 1/2 an inch to BSL at this point, I am just lazy about changing pictures. Haha

Tell him that if he wants your hair to keep looking so lovely down, it has to be up lots to protect it ;)

I did that, and I now get questions about how protective a new style is when my SO sees it for the first time. He even tells me off (in a fun way ;) ) if I wear braids too many times, as he knows the ends aren't protected as well as in buns!

Congrats on your first stick 'do!

That might work! He is a little complicated. He doesn't know what he likes, but he knows what he doesn't like. So he has to see it in order to decide what he likes. I have to do a style and ask if he likes it. Haha

Khristopher
May 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Congrats! There's lots of buns you can do with sticks, they are so versatile! And as your hair grows it will get more easy to do them. I have a nice stick but I always use pencils I have lying around to put my hair up :p Oh and I wanted to say I love your color!

HadessThera
May 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Oh, I think it looks so pretty :) congratulations!

Lostsoule77
May 4th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Looks good and for your first stick bun to stay up all day is pretty awesome! I've been using them for years, but this site definitely help me vary the styles. Love how simple they are to use and carry around. Enjoy!

As for your husband, it's your hair. Do with it as you like and just make sure you appease him sometimes. Wearing it down is fun and pretty, but the longer it gets the more damaging it is. If he likes your hair long just let him know it has to be up in order for it to still look good down. ;)