PDA

View Full Version : TRADING Ficcares + more, UK / worldwide

Stevy
August 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
All gone now - thanks very much to everyone!

Well, now I can walk as far as the post office again after breaking my leg earlier this year, I'm looking to do some trading! I have a beautiful Willow The Wisp comb which is just too large for me, and three Ficcares. I'm interested in trading Ficcares for Ficcares. For the comb, I'd like a comb or a fork or maybe a pair of sticks or a pretty Fakkare. I'm not interested in swapping for product, or selling.

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankaret/pic/000fabcb

SWAPPED Really beautiful Willow The Wisp comb, with a repurposed metal vine leaf decoration. Too big for me, alas. This is an intentionally rustic handmade item - I've given it several oilings, but it's still not up to Graydog or Blue Heron standards of smoothness. I wore it with no problems, but it could probably use a little more oiling or sanding, particularly if you have very fine or easily snagged hair.

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankaret/pic/000f9k3w/s640x640

SWAPPED Black medium Ficcarissimo. As you can see, this has a chip in the enamel at the end. The photo makes it look worse than it is, but I'd sooner swap an item with a bad photo than have somebody be disappointed in what they receive. :) There's also a little discolouration on the silver bottom side of the clip, where the two parts have rubbed together, and a very small chip in the enamel at the hinge end. Could be easily fixed with a dab of enamel paint or black nail varnish - I've done it on other Ficcares I own, and I'd do it on this one, but I find I'm wearing black hair toys far less since I started growing out my natural colour. Failing that, think of it as a fixer-upper? If you've been wanting a Ficcare to paint your own design on, now's your chance!

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankaret/pic/000fbk9r

SWAPPED Pink stripe large Max. Please note this is the kind with three stripes all of the same pink, not the kind with three different shades. Got this in a swap from lovely Zaftig2k - she treated it very carefully and so have I. There is a tiny bit of discolouration to the underside, but otherwise no marks and no chips. Only swapping because I have another one I wear more.

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankaret/pic/000fct0p

SWAPPED Orange lotus large Max in very good condition. Not sure I want to swap this one at all, to be honest, but I figured I'd see if anyone had anything I liked better. :)

Looking for large or medium Maxes or Ficcarissimos, and medium in any other kind of clip. Not really interested in swapping for hairbands - I've tried Ficcare hairbands and they don't really suit my face. I like pretty much all colours, and I'm particularly interested in the new curvy Maxes and in plain silver and gold Ficcarissimos, but whatever you've got, try me!

I'll be posting from the UK, but I'll trade with members anywhere. Items will be sent carefully packed, either in a box with bubblewrap or a padded bag with bubblewrap. Please note I won't be able to get to the post office until Monday. :)

Oh, forgot to mention - I've been looking for a Graydog 'Moss' fork, preferably a three-prong, for years, so if you have one of those to trade I'd be very willing to trade it for any of these things here.

Come on, nobody's got a medium or large silver or gold Ficcarissimo and wants one of these babies? I also might be interested in Papadonh or Ketylo 5" or 6" sticks, or Graydog sticks, forks or barrettes. :)

Islandgrrl
August 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Interested in the Willowthewisp...I'll PM you with details.

Shanarana
August 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
PM you about the black medium Ficcarissimo

Saranne772
August 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Is it swap only?

Isilme
August 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm interested in the black ficarissimo if you would like money instead of a swap, not much around here to swap with:(

Stevy
August 29th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Yes, I'm afraid I'm really only interested in swapping at this time. :flowers:

Calista
August 29th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I´m interested in either of the large maximases, but I don´t have a ficcare to swap. I do have a Baerreis Cocobolo Shortie, if you are interested.

Stevy
August 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I´m interested in either of the large maximases, but I don´t have a ficcare to swap. I do have a Baerreis Cocobolo Shortie, if you are interested.

I'd be tempted, but I've already got a cocobolo Baerreis fork that I wear quite a bit, and I think another one in the same wood would be a bit too similar and not get worn. Thanks a lot for the offer, though!

pgw
August 29th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I'm interested in the orange Lotus. Would you be interested in an Etta Mae Bishop in tulipwood, 4 ½ useable length? I've never even tried it on.

Stevy
August 29th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm interested in the orange Lotus. Would you be interested in an Etta Mae Bishop in tulipwood, 4 ˝ useable length? I've never even tried it on.

Thanks for the offer, but tulipwood doesn't look all that great in my hair - I've seen it look lovely on other people, but for some reason it just doesn't suit me so well. I'd definitely consider swapping for an Etta Mae fork, though, particularly a three- or four-prong.

Calista
August 30th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Stevy, I just received a two-prong fork by G3 Studios. It is very pretty, but much too dainty for my big bun (I didn´t even try it on). It is this (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270259865167) one.If you´re intersted, let me know.

Stevy
August 30th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Stevy, I just received a two-prong fork by G3 Studios. It is very pretty, but much too dainty for my big bun (I didn´t even try it on). It is this (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270259865167) one.If you´re intersted, let me know.

PMed you, Calista!

Stevy
August 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Bump - all Ficcares still available. :)

Loviatar
September 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Stevy,

I have a blue Lotus or a green Lotus (large Max, both) if you'd be interested in either as a swap for that awesome orange. I'd rather swap the blue because I wear it less, but either works for me if you'd rather have the green. I've got both in London with me at the moment. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Lovi

Stevy
September 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
PMed you, Loviatar!

greek_lady
September 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
I have been eyeing your pink, but I'm not sure what I can come up with, from your wanteds.
I have tons of hairsticks and a few graydogs (but not moss coloured).
Do you wear small ficcares at all? I have a few that got here in the swap board but never wore, didn't work for half-updos. Maybe two small ones for your one large? Or a small ficcare and a stick or something?
Anything sound interesting?

Presto
September 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
How about a silver matte medium maximus for the black ficcarissimo? I got two but pretty much only wear my jet black. I did wear the silver a few times, so I won't say it's untouched, but it is as good as new. I would dig a different shape in black that I could add some flair to. Let me know!

Stevy
September 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
I go away all weekend to do up my kitchen and my thread gets REPLIES! Greek Lady, I'm really sorry, I should have updated earlier - the pink one's gone. :( It's a shame because I always enjoy swapping with you, you have such good taste. :flower:

Presto, PMing you!

greek_lady
September 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ohhh :blushing: :blushing:
Thank thee kindly, fair lady :)
Maybe we can swap next time.