PDA

View Full Version : First ever length shot. I -think- I did it right.

ilandree
April 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I have the lines at
waist (smallest part)
hips (actual hip bones)
Tailbone (tailbone) of course TB is pretty obvious, I think it is waist and hips where most people seem to differ on placement.

But my hair is longer than I thought! Yay! Though seeing it like this makes me kinda want to cut it to waist, I didn't realize it is as scraggly as it is from behind I so rarely wear it hanging loose)
Mostly I am happy though, I think I'm only a couple inches from TB! A good thing to be sure! ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=22650&dateline=1367335512&type=profile

bunzfan
April 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM
It looks great such a lovely color and your really close to TB your virtually there now:thumbsup:

ilandree
April 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Thank you bunzfan :) You have a very lovely color yourself!

bunzfan
April 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you bunzfan :) You have a very lovely color yourself!

Aww thanks :)

Jesabel
April 30th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Stunning hair :)

Cowgirl16
April 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Congratulations! Great hair :flower:

ilandree
April 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Thank you very much Jesabel and Cowgirl16 :D

Rosethorn
April 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM
It looks so soft and silky. I love the color. ;)

ghost
April 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
You have hair like an elven queen :) It's so pretty!

lapushka
April 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Congrats, not long to go now before reaching TBL!

heidi w.
April 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
You're extremely close to TB. Congratulations. Hair color may change a bit over time.
heidi w.

Vrindi
April 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Pretty hair! If you're worried about the ends, just cut to hips. I don't think you'd have to go all the way to waist to make them look really even.

10000days
April 30th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Aww you have such beautiful hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Lovely hair, like an elven queen....

jeanniet
April 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Lovely hair! If you don't like the ends (and I think they look fine), you could trim back a couple of inches, maybe to hip or so, and maintain there for a while doing microtrims. That would thicken up your hemline and then you could grow to TB.

BrightEyes
April 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Your hair is beautiful, I love your length and color :)

Kherome
April 30th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Pretty hair! If you're worried about the ends, just cut to hips. I don't think you'd have to go all the way to waist to make them look really even.

I agree. Hip would be fine and you could then proceed to TB with thickened ends!

longhairedlady
May 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM
I maintained around TB for a year almost thickening up my ends. I am just now growing again. Your hair is pretty!

jacqueline101
May 1st, 2013, 02:54 AM
Your hair is lovely and you're almost tail bone length.

Night_Kitten
May 1st, 2013, 03:55 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, and the fairytale ends suits you very much :)

ilandree
May 1st, 2013, 07:49 AM
Rosethorn, Ghost, lapuska, heidi w, vrindi, 10000days, sarahlabyrinth, jeanniet, BrightEyes, Kherome, longhairedlady, jaqueline101, and Night_kitten, thank you all so much for the congratulations, the compliments, opinions and advice. :) Very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will say I have grown to love my hair color as I get older (as a child I wanted jet black hair, lol, I wonder if everyone goes through a phase where they want whatever they don't have). My father's hair was this shade of blond until he grayed. Being 36 now, I have my fingers crossed mine will hold too. It is nice to hear that other people like the color as well, and being extremely self conscious of my back waves the compliments meant a lot, thank you :)

Micayla47
May 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
beautiful! imo you don't need a cut. i like fairytale ends.

Falcore
May 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Wow, your colour is stunning. Really pretty. :)

ilandree
May 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
Thank you Micayla47 and Falcore :D

Sarahlabyrinth
May 2nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Rosethorn, Ghost, lapuska, heidi w, vrindi, 10000days, sarahlabyrinth, jeanniet, BrightEyes, Kherome, longhairedlady, jaqueline101, and Night_kitten, thank you all so much for the congratulations, the compliments, opinions and advice. :) Very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will say I have grown to love my hair color as I get older (as a child I wanted jet black hair, lol, I wonder if everyone goes through a phase where they want whatever they don't have). My father's hair was this shade of blond until he grayed. Being 36 now, I have my fingers crossed mine will hold too. It is nice to hear that other people like the color as well, and being extremely self conscious of my back waves the compliments meant a lot, thank you :)

Ilandree, I always hated my blonde hair when I was younger. I believed the stereotype that blondes were thought to be "dumb". I didn't feel "dumb" but didn't want anyone thinking I was (LOL, the things we think sometimes) so for many years I dyed my hair darker.
I am only now appreciating the beauty of blonde hair and am gradually going back to being blonde myself. And I really don't care about stereotypes any more, lol!

ilandree
May 3rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
I really don't care about stereotypes any more, lol!

Love that!

My mother would never let me dye my hair as a teenager and by the time I moved out I had left disdain behind for apathy. I eventually left apathy for love, isn't getting older so wonderful!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Love that!

My mother would never let me dye my hair as a teenager and by the time I moved out I had left disdain behind for apathy. I eventually left apathy for love, isn't getting older so wonderful!

LOL! There are some benefits to getting older!