PDA

View Full Version : those short terminal length hairs

mamaherrera
April 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM
i henna my white roots every week so I know how they grow and when they go. Most of them are in my temples. And I 've noticed they're only growing for like 8-9months, they stop growing, stay for a while and fall off. I start to wonder if the frequency of the henna is the cause of them not growing longer, but I think that should have no effect on whether they continue to grow or not. Is it that normal to have those temples hairs only grow that long??? It's not a sign of thinning or anything like that?? I have two that grew for over a year and then some other temple hairs that were farther from the hairline, a bit more back grew less time than those. And I"m thinking why is that? then I had another white one behind my bang area, so it's not really temple area that only grew a little over a year. Just wondering on people's thoughts! thanks

katsrevenge
April 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I know on me I have some short hairs on either side of my head. They don't get nearly as long as the rest of my hair. I think it is normal. As for henna.. mine LIKES henna.

Dorothy
April 30th, 2013, 05:15 AM
It's normal, and mine don't take henna that well either. I don't mind them, I think they add to the illusion that I have red hair, just barely greying, instead of a whole head of white, used to be dark brown hair.

Charybdis
April 30th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I have a TON of curly, short-terminal-length hairs around my hairline, and always have. It's definitely not breakage, as you can see the tapered ends of a never-cut, never-broken hair on all of them. My hair's not as thick as when I was a teen, but it's still way thicker than average. To sum up, I don't think you need to worry. :)

sparrowswing
April 30th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Right at my temples I also have small patches of hair that seem to have a very short terminal length. At their longest, they can just barely get into a ponytail, but they fall out of buns. I've had them since junior high, at least. It's definitely not breakage, and it's always the hair in the same spot on either side of my head. It's just my hair's natural growing pattern. Even when I get grey hairs in this area, they grow slightly longer than the rest (maybe 10"?) but they still shed naturally very quickly, no matter how well I take care of them.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I get these around my temples and they never get more than 4 inches long, most are only a couple of inches. I think it's just a natural growth pattern to have some hairs which never grow long.

mamaherrera
October 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I get these around my temples and they never get more than 4 inches long, most are only a couple of inches. I think it's just a natural
growth pattern to have some hairs which never grow long.

that's how short mine are too, thanks for sharing!

melusine963
October 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Yep, I have these little wispies around my hairline, too. They annoy me when they won't lie flat.

spidermom
October 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I haven't noticed where they grow particularly, but I notice short hairs that have shed out from time to time. I do wonder why some hairs have such a short growth cycle, but meh.

Panth
October 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Yup, very normal. Sometimes they are also finer (i.e. thinner individual hairs) and therefore more damage-prone too, so careful treatment can make them grow maybe an inch longer. Although that's still super-short, it can be just enough to enable them to be part of updos.

hannabiss
October 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I personally like the little wispies around peoples faces to me it looks like your hairs natural way of framing your face. But that's just me

littlemonster
October 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I have some too that make natural face framing layers. I've been trying to be more gentle with them to see if they will grow out, they've got so the longest are just below my jawline but have now stalled. I find them annoying, but try to remember that people pay good money to have them and I get them for free, so... yippee?

But some are always far shorter, as goes the cycle of hair growth. Those are annoying as they won't stay out of the way easily.

Ackvelina
October 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I've got lots of them too and I think I have a theory about them. I've noticed that I usually get a heavy shed when my period is over, and that most of my shorties are in the "male baldness" zones. I think maybe my body produce more testosterone during my period, witch makes some of the hairs at my temples fall out, they grow back when my period is over but they never live long enough to get any lenght.
BTW when I was pregnant my hair was thicker than ever, but my temples was almost bald, and after I had my daugther I grew out bangs as a bonus.

This is just a theory, but it would be fun if someone could confirm it.

mamaherrera
October 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
wow ACKvelina, funny you mention that. Mine too, are all in the "male baldness" zones. I won't mind if I could be assured it's not because I'm going to go bald eventually in those areas. I'm pregnant right now, so are you saying, after the baby, your temples filled in more????

mamaherrera
October 13th, 2013, 09:43 PM
and one more thing, mine go about 1.5 inches back into my head, I mean this area goes a ways back. from my temple back to where my ear sticks up at it's pointiest place!