PDA

View Full Version : 2 years later...thank you LHC

MiamiPineapple
April 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I haven't been on this site in a while because benign neglect has become my specialty on this journey. I joined 2 years ago. At that time, I chopped my hair to shoulder length because of severe damage of removing black dye. It was a disaster. I learned on this site to wear my hair up 99% of the time, oiling, and CO washing, all of which have helped me get to where I am today. ESPECIALLY wearing hair up. I have gone from shoulder to "almost" waist in 2 years and I hope to be at a solid waist length by the end of the summer.

I wanted to stop by and post my progress because I remember when I first joined, these posts were my favorite and gave me hope that my hair would recover. If you are suffering a chemical damage, it WILL get better. Just hang in there! Now I am working my way towards hip. I credit this site with saving my hair. The first picture was 2 years ago, the second april of last year and the final picture 2 days ago. I know my ends are uneven. This is becasue I trim myself very rarely and I plan on getting a real trim in a year. I focus more on length for now than how even it is.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Miamipineapple/0505111018.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Miamipineapple/hairjune2012.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Miamipineapple/hair_zps806c2a99.jpg

sisi33
April 28th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Congratulations! Those are some huge strides you've made in 2 years!

leslissocool
April 28th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Congrats!!! Great progress! :cheese:

Ambystoma
April 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Congrats! It looks so beautiful and healthy - I love the shine!

Agnieszka
April 29th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Thank you, you are an inspiration for me.

I should get there one day too :-)

meishkamooshka
April 29th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Wow! Looking great, dear!

oktobergoud
April 29th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Woah your hair grew SO FAST in those 2 years, amazing! :) Gives me hope too :)

jacqueline101
April 29th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Congrats is in order your hair is lovely.

lapushka
April 29th, 2013, 04:14 AM
That's some great encouragement for people going through the same thing! You've made great progress. Congratulations! :D :thumbsup:

Kherome
April 29th, 2013, 05:21 AM
The hair? I just saw the muscles. Holy cow you have some muscles.

MiamiPineapple
April 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM

HAHA thanks. Thats what happens when you spend way too much time in the gym ;)

MiamiPineapple
April 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Thank you for all the kind words ladies!

silverthread
April 29th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Your hair is beautiful, and your deltoids are pretty impressive also!:)

Neecola
April 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Wow! Amazing progress in two years!! Congratulations and happy anniversary at LHC

melusine963
April 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
That's amazing growth!

SleepyTangles
April 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Congrats! It looks like velvet and not uneven at all I hope my hair will be so long and nicen for my 2nd anniversary, too :p

joflakes
April 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM
So great! Well done :D

AnnaB
April 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Brilliant progress! well done! your hair is gorgeous!

leslissocool
April 29th, 2013, 03:23 PM
HAHA thanks. Thats what happens when you spend way too much time in the gym ;)

I can only hope mine look like yours some day! I think I told you this already, I LOOOOOVE your muscles :crush:. Both your hair and your shape is amazing!

kidari
April 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Beautiful hair and amazing muscles! Do you still dye it or are you growing out your natural color? I still dye mine but I only touch up the roots. Natural color is dark brown, color used is black chemical dyes (I don't want to transition right now and I have greys)...

SerinaDaith
April 29th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Love the hair! You give me hope for long, lovely tresses, I must also join in the oh my gosh awsome muscles crowd. I will be starting up a work out regimen again here soon. Maybe one day I can also have pretty muscles!

KAggs
April 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Amazing growth right there! :D Congratulations!

MiamiPineapple
April 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Beautiful hair and amazing muscles! Do you still dye it or are you growing out your natural color? I still dye mine but I only touch up the roots. Natural color is dark brown, color used is black chemical dyes (I don't want to transition right now and I have greys)...

I still use boxed black dye from the drug store. The Hendigo was way too much work for me. I usually do my roots and once and a while I freshen up the whole color. I have considered growing out but I kind of like the black. My natural color is dark brown.

shutterpillar
April 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Great growth! Congratulations!

kidari
April 29th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I still use boxed black dye from the drug store. The Hendigo was way too much work for me. I usually do my roots and once and a while I freshen up the whole color. I have considered growing out but I kind of like the black. My natural color is dark brown.

Thank you so much for answering my question- I was super curious! I use boxed dye from the drugstore also. I hardly ever run it through my ends though. Every 3rd time or so I will touch up the roots with a demi and then run the rest through the ends for the last 5-10 min if I feel I need to refresh the color. Most of the time I just mix up some permanent dye, only enough to do just my roots. So one box lasts me quite a while. Hendigo always seemed like a good idea but also very confusing and high maintenance at the same time from reading it about in threads and such. Your hair and amazing shape are both inspriational to me :)

MiaBeth
April 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Wow! I've been on the fence about wearing hair up all the time, but it seems to be the way to grow your hair fast! Thanks for posting your progress.

Indigostreams
April 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Your growth inspires me, thank you!

longhairedlady
April 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Ditto! Your hair does look good too!

utdesertrunner
April 29th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Gorgeous!!!

MiamiPineapple
April 30th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Wow! I've been on the fence about wearing hair up all the time, but it seems to be the way to grow your hair fast! Thanks for posting your progress.

The biggest thing for me about wearing my hair up was I stopped obsessing over it. When I wear it down, I notice each split, dry end and fly away and then I always feel like I need a trim. And as we know, trimming and growing do not mix! So this allows me to forget about it 99% of the time. Plus, I can keep in healthy while it is up with oils, conditioner or whatever I feel like. Good luck!

ravenheather
May 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
Congratulations you hair is beautiful. I can't wait to get there.

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
congratulations on your progress! and thanks for your pictures. they are definitely inspiring :):)

missannie
May 5th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Love it! It is beautiful.

MaryO
May 6th, 2013, 03:43 AM
That's some awesome growth! I love your colour. You're at my goal length- thanks for posting!