PDA

View Full Version : Gud Products by Burt's Bees

YesitsReal
April 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Has anybody ever used the Gud (Sorry, can't figure out the umlaut :)) line of Burt's Bees products? I ran across them in my supermarket's organic section, and I wondered if anybody in the LHC has experimented with them. They smell amazing, and are supposed to have relatively natural ingredients.

Thanks! :blossom:

sparrowswing
April 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I really like the Güd vanilla flame shampoo. I didn't use the conditioner, though, just the shampoo. It made my hair very soft and silky, and cleansed quite well for a sulfate-free shampoo. I've had a lot of trouble finding a sulfate-free shampoo that didn't leave my hair lank and oily-looking; usually they leave me with a gunky, not-quite-clean feeling. At first I was a little iffy about the smell, as it smelled pretty strong - almost like vanilla vodka, actually - in the shower, but it left my hair smelling very faintly of vanilla for at least two days post-wash, which I really liked.

I remember Kaelee saying it made her hair really soft and shiny, but also fragile and brittle. She was using the conditioner as well, and we thought it might have had something to do with too much (or not enough?) protein.

Kaelee
April 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Yea, it did something weird to my hair. I'm still not sure what. I think I wound up with too much moisture, and maybe that wasn't *entirely* the fault of the Gud products, but a culmination of things that slowly overmoisturized my hair. Regardless, I wasn't happy with them and gave mine away (I have a friend who will use them on her horses if she doesn't use them on herself! :lol:)

bradlea
April 29th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Yes, I'm currently using the shampoo. I don't use conditioner unless I need it, because my hair is very soft and slippery as it is. It's a nice shampoo, it cleans as well as I need it to and my hair is easy to detangle after. It does seem to require a bit more scrubbing than a sulfate shampoo would, but it's no big deal. And yes, I quite like the vanilla scent. I have the conditioner too which I use on occasion, but I don't have any particular impressions of it one way or the other. So I would just call it adequate, haha. I probably won't repurchase either one once I run out, but that's just because I get ADD with hair products and switch shampoo and conditioner constantly.