PDA

View Full Version : How long do you spend on LHC per day?

pdy2kn6
August 28th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hey, I was just curious how long people spend on longhaircommunity.com per day. After finding and signing into this website, I have to admit, because I am on my summer holidays and have nothing to do all day I do tend to spend alot of time on here...There is just so much to learn and read, haha.

chrissy-b
August 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
It depends. Some days I'll spend hours on here. Sometimes I'll go weeks without logging on. I usually spend more time here when I'm feeling bad about the state of my hair and want to try new things.

Haith
August 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I really only spend time on here when I'm alone so on the weekends I don't go an at all. I would say, when I do come here I usually spend about 2 hours at a time. But most of this is spent reading-- I don't do very much talking comparatively. If I don't have much time to really sit down, relax, and enjoy my time here, I won't log on at all.

Merkaba
August 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I just got here so I've been on here everyday on and off while I'm at work...I think I'll cut back soon though, but I mostly come to read the different article and posts and get ideas about things I can do to improve my hair.

Medvssa
August 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Depends how much free time I have and if I have something else to do. I got a new(ish) job where I am alone for two hours with almost nothing to do so this has increased significantly the amount of time I spend here. I would have never thought I would find a job like this :D

spidermom
August 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Off and on all day Sun-Thurs, as my job is to sit here at the computer in my living room transcribing imaging reports for the local hospital. I figure that if my work station was up at the hospital, I'd socialize off and on all day with co-workers. But for you folks, I'd be completely alone.

Lamb
August 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Same as spidermom, computer work keeps me pretty much logged in all day. This will change if I get an office in September, though.

JessTheMess
August 28th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'm logged in all day. Whenever I get down time I pop in:p

Islandgrrl
August 28th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Pretty much the same as Lamb and Spidermom. I'm on the computer all day at work, so I just log on and stay on most of the day. I'm certainly not spending the entire day actively on LHC, though! I pop in and out as time allows. I'm completely NOT here on the weekends except on rare occasions, and not after work, either. Home time is family time. As my daughter would say, "Period. End Of Story!"

Ohio Sky
August 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I usually have it open for a solid 8 hours- 9 till 5 when I'm at work. That doesn't mean I'm actively on it all that time, I just have it open.

I spend a lot of time bored at work, though... :rolleyes:

wintersun99
August 28th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Logged in pretty much all day, as well (work) however, when the students return next week, that may change :)

AJoifulNoise
August 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM
It's pretty safe to assume I'm not far away from 9am to 11pm. I may not be actively posting or even reading... But, I'm not far away. I spend waaaaay too much time online.

Shanarana
August 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I have no life so I live here...... jk.........I work during the week and don't go on then. If I'm home than it stays on and I pop in back and forth. I like to try and catch up at least once a day if I can. But I have to live outside the forum too. ;)

HairyCarrie
August 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I made LHC my home page so when I sign on I can check for the latest posts and pursue ad lib. Typically 1-2 hours a night...

I just hit 25 posts though so a whole new phase has opened up with blogs and albums. So now I want to catch up with everyone's stories. But it's all so interesting and I find it to be positive learning.

xrosiex
August 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I come in here almost everyday after work and stay for 2 or 3 hours. I dont talk and post alot but I read everything. I unwind and relax after work. :)

goldenwaves
August 29th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Usually a couple of hours a day, among other things on the internet. :)

Dee 08
August 29th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I am on LHC alot :)

sexyjacksparrow
August 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Probably an hour a day in total. Longer on Fridays because I don't work Fridays so I'm home all day and spend far too long online!

crystal_89
August 29th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I probably spend more time on here than I should. Its my procrastination. When I'm home I'll have it open along with my uni stuff, msn and facebook. But that doesn't mean I'm on any of these the whole time that they are open on my computer. I also tend to leave my computer on as it is for hours at a time while I go out or sleep.

Last semester when my study load was higher I didn't go on LHC for around 4 months. Now I'm on pretty much everyday.

Amoretti
August 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I'm on my teaching summer break so I'm here a LOT.

Xandergrammy
August 29th, 2008, 05:24 AM
It's pretty safe to assume I'm not far away from 9am to 11pm. I may not be actively posting or even reading... But, I'm not far away. I spend waaaaay too much time online.

This sounds like me, except my hours are 6am to 10pm. I pop in several times a day at work (I figure if most of my colleagues can drive off the property several times a day to smoke, I can check my very important board!) At home I spend more time reading posts, etc and that's when I usually write in my blog or post pictures. So, like AJoifulNoise said, I'm not far away, ever.

GlassEyes
August 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Too much, though I went through a period of not posting much on here.

Waaay too much. XD

mellie
August 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I refuse to answer that on the grounds that it may incriminate me..... :-)

cani
August 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
toooo long :D
at least half an hour a day...

thankyousir74
August 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I Used to on a lot more due to summer vacation but once school started, my activity has greatly lessened :( (as if anyone noticed at all :p)

dor3girl
August 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Won't we incriminate ourselves by answering this question? I reserve the right to remain silent until my lawyer is present or I receive appropriate legal counsel. *giggle*

serious
August 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Won't we incriminate ourselves by answering this question? I reserve the right to remain silent until my lawyer is present or I receive appropriate legal counsel. *giggle*

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sipnsun
August 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I try to pop in for a little while each day Monday-Friday. My time has been cut back recently because I homeschool my children and mornings are busy now that school has started back. I never get on during the weekend though, becuase that is our family time. Speaking of family time, DH will be home soon so it's about time to log off.:)

jojo
August 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I come on everyday and normally stop for hours on average, yep im addicted!!

Lillian
August 30th, 2008, 06:44 AM
A lot less time than I used when I first found this place. I try to log on every other day, for maybe 30 mins to an hour depending on what time I get back from work...

tiny_teesha
August 30th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Lately, ooo. It ranged from 12 hours (I'm baaaaad) to 0 hrs?
Depends how bored i am.
I think on average about 3 hours though! I'm on the internet normally 6 hours.
Yes i know...it is an awful addiction!

winter_star
August 30th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I usually spend up to 2-3 hours at a time on LHC. I only logon on a few days a week when I have internet access. At the moment i'm having 'leaving LHC anxiety'. I am moving out of home in a month or two and won't have internet access for a VERY long time. So up until then i'm trying to make up for all the time i'm going to miss LHC! :wail:

LaurelSpring
August 30th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I stay logged on at work also. It keeps me sane. I am alone most of the time. LHC keeps my brain engaged.

pinkprincess
September 4th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I come on LHC about 1-2 hours every other day.

josie4
September 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I'm afraid to keep track. Too much time!

Sakura07
September 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Normally an hour or two. But since schools started up again I only make it here once every couple of days. :(

vindo
September 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
About 1-2 hour on free days, that includes reading and posting.

ladyshannonanne
September 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours. But when I'm really busy with school, I can go a month or two without even logging on. Makes me sad.

levelek
September 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Too long. :)
It would have been interesting (reassuring? scary?) to have a poll go with this thread :)

Barca
September 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I must say that I'm a chronic LHC forum checker. I'm on here on my PDA on my way to work.. at my desk during down time, and between classes. My phone broke yesterday, so I'm really not happy about it haha

Garnet66
September 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm usually here several times a day. Usually it's about 1/2 hour each time. I don't usually log in though.

EdG
September 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I try not to check the board during the day while I'm at work. :rolleyes:

I log in during the evening, spending 30 minutes to an hour on the board. :D
Ed

sahiba
September 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
As long as I can.;)

VikingJarl
September 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
At least an hour a day for me. DW is often commenting about how obsessed I am!

FrannyG
September 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Too long. Every day. :)

Arctic_Mama
September 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I switch between this and several other forums during the day, checking in as children allow. But I am on for a good three hours or so at night. Yes, I'm an addict.

We should start an LHC-Anon!

rhodochrosite
September 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm here a lot, but I don't post as much as I read. Maybe an hour or two every night I'm reading along, but I'll stop in here or there for five minutes at a time.

Cinnamon.locks
September 6th, 2008, 01:45 AM
it depends on the day or evening and what i have to do and even on how bored i am when at home. usually i visit every day or every 2 days, but there are times when i stay away as much as a week to 10 days. it all depends on my schedule and how tired i am when i get home from work and if there is nothing good on t.v. or i'm tired of reading my romance novels.

Ndnlady
September 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Not as much time as I want! I have had to do studying for my new job so I hardley have time!:( Otherwise I would spend all my free time here!

Patrycja
September 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm quite embarassed to say.It's too much time,really.I am a Swap Board vulcher. I keep LHC open all the time in case someone posts a really awesome toy in the Swap board.I have missed some deals,though....

dulce-de-leche
September 12th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I check in once at work in the morning,then when I go home for lunch,and after work usually 15 min each.

Raven69
November 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
haha, this'll sound pathetic - but practically all day long! I am on here now at work and am still logged on at home...

Aisha25
November 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Way tooo long!

mommy101405
November 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I am logged on a lot. All day sometimes maybe. I have a couple message boards I pop in to check throughout the day. It varies a lot on the day. Whether I have a lot going on that day or not.

Sammybunny711
November 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I don't even want to think about it...

Comfrey
November 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm considering pitching a tent outside, so I can sleep here :oops:

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yeesh, I don't even know. I spend a whole lot of time on here.

mira-chan
November 17th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Same as spidermom, computer work keeps me pretty much logged in all day. This will change if I get an office in September, though.

Same, unless I'm at the bench doing experiment work or teaching, I'm at the computer with an LHC window open in the side.

Copasetic
November 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM
not much. i check in every couple of days. school is crazy right now so i have no time for anything fun.

Calanthe
November 18th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Once in the morning (when I start work, but don't tell anybody :D) and then once or twice during the day. I try to limit my time here very strictly, because I would end up living here permanently.

Jessikinz
November 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Wake up at 5 or 6am in the morning, mon-fri and log into LHC. Make coffee at 7:30am and drink a cup while reading through posts and occasionally posting. I read more than I post! I started lurking here 4 years ago like every single day. Now that I actually came out of lurking, I'm more addicted haha.

I also log in when I come home for lunch. I go to school full time still. Half an hour reading posts while eating lunch, I'm out the door again. After 3pm I'm back on here and reading some more and posting occasionally. So maybe about 4 or 5 hours per evening. More on the weekends. I do have other sites tabbed, but I neglect them when I got LHC tabbed up there too haha.

willowcandra
November 20th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Since I reached my goal and stopped playing about so much I tend to just pop in every now and then to check messages and the friendship board. It may look like I am here all day but really it's just that I am constantly popping in. Today is rare in that I am reading through the hair parts.

When My hair was short and growing was still new to me I spent hours daily going through sites and getting involved in every thread. Now though I find the threads repeat themselves after a few weeks/months and find myself typing the same old things over and over.
about once a month I catch up with the boards thoroughly to see if there is anything new or interesting.

zen_oven
December 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I usually pop in once a day for a few minutes at the very least if there's time. Though sometimes, if I'm lazing about on a weekend or like today when I'm home sick, I could spend several hours here. :D

WindowDressing
December 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
There is never enough time in a day for LHC. Logged in or not. Nowhere is there more content and community for caring for our manes and each other.;)

Love and Hugs!
WD :)

Angelina15
December 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
It depends. I have spent hours here when I first found the website. Usually I get on for about 15 mins every day or every other day.

RavennaNight
December 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
After work, when I come home, before DH comes home, I'm on. Inthe morning, and when I'm killing time between laundry I'm on. While I henna my hair, I'm on. I'm here quite a bit. When I'm waiting in line or waiting in a Dr. Office, I'm on. I find it keeps me occupied so I don't get impatient waiting on line. (cellphone) I'm always logged in, but I'm not always here...

AprilElf
December 16th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Gosh, I'm guessing a couple of hours a day - but some days it would be much more. I'm just very glad that this site doesn't show me how long in total I've spent logged in ... :o That would be disturbing!

Shadow
December 16th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Way too much at the moment :D

Am pretty new to the forum so I'm still trying to read it all.

Samara Morgan
December 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I've noticed that when I'm having a problem with my hair I tend to spend lots of time here, but before when I was already at my goal length, I stayed away for weeks. I like logging on regularly though so I don't think I'll be away for so long again :nono:
During the day I sometimes spend most of my time on LHC :D I haven't taken many subjects at school this year so I have more free time :agree:

I just think this place has such a nice atmosphere about it that you wouldn't get on any other board :)

NebraskaChick84
December 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hey, I was just curious how long people spend on longhaircommunity.com per day. After finding and signing into this website, I have to admit, because I am on my summer holidays and have nothing to do all day I do tend to spend alot of time on here...There is just so much to learn and read, haha.
erm...all of it?

actually I'm REALLY addicted to facebook app myfarm so I go over there and harvest and replant and then I come back here :o

Sissy
December 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM

I feel the same way... I only recently joined so it seems there is so much to read, learn, and ask. I would say I've been a good hour on here most nights... when I'm supposed to be doing other things :o

Dreamernz
December 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hours lol, or not at all, depends on how free I feel in my procrastination :)

kam984420
December 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Hours lol, or not at all, depends on how free I feel in my procrastination :)

Im on here for hours on end every day also. There's so much to read and learn.

AnneAdeline
December 25th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I usually spend an hour or more on LHC. Sometimes more if I'm avoiding work.

dalriada-lady
January 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
It depends for me on the day and time, sometimes i spend a few hours, sometimes i don't even login for the day. depends on what i have to do that specific day and what's on t.v. or if i'm feeling sick or not.

eaglefeather71
January 1st, 2009, 09:51 PM
I spend way too much time on LHC, but I've been on holiday for a while. When I go back to work, I'm going to try to limit myself to 1 hour per day.

Katrina
January 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
Depends how much free time I have and if I have something else to do. I got a new(ish) job where I am alone for two hours with almost nothing to do so this has increased significantly the amount of time I spend here. I would have never thought I would find a job like this :D

Haha, I have quite similar situation :D. Except I have every hour 10-15 minutes with nothing to do. I would say I spend here 2-3 hours per day.

Ayanna
January 16th, 2009, 07:36 AM
few hours every day,,it depends.
But i just joined couple of days ago..so i´m really excited being here

neon-dream
January 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I am on here most days, but I do not post every day :)
I spend a few hours if I have the time.

Sherri
January 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I am on here everyday. Although sometimes I go alongtime without posting.

pariate
January 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Over the last few weeks I've been spending about 5 hours a day on here. I'm stuck staying with relatives because of a health thing and have so little else to do!

I've been horribly enabled in those few weeks...

Copasetic
January 16th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Lately I have been on here way too much :o Its the first website I go to when I am bored, or if I am looking for good hair information.

harley mama
January 16th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I spend way to much time here. Though lately we have been pretty busy with RL and I have cut back some! ;)

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Ehm... 8 hours? I have holiday, still. During school year it was about... 3 hours:D

Loreley
September 7th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I spend an hour or two here per day. :D

swivelhop
September 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Just healing a foot, growing hair, digesting protien. Sometimes somewhere to hang-out 'too long' is what ya need.

JenniferNoel
September 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Hour or two at most. Usually much less. I generally "graze" LHC over the course of the day. :D

TinaDenali
September 7th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hmmm, I'm back and forth from my computer pretty much all day. I'm a housewife, so I just do chores and other things and stop off at my computer whenever. So, all told... probably a good three hours? Not really sure. That's so much time!

AstrayStar
September 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
The amount of time I spend totally varies, sometimes a couple hours, sometimes not for a few weeks. But I almost always have a few LHC tabs open on my computer, of things I have been researching, or recipes I want to try, articles I haven't finished reading, etc. (I am a tab-a-holic I almost always have 20-30 tabs open at all times) Especially lately, since I am *almost* at bsl and feel like I can finally learn more hairstyles :D

MPringle
September 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I only joined a couple days ago, but since then I'd say about 4 hours a day or so. I'm so glad I found TLHC!!! :D

sunrain
September 11th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I'm logged on all the time, so I just sit down and read/chat whenever I'm not running around doing something. It's been keeping me from reading my books, though.

GreyArea
September 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I spend an hour, sometimes a bit more.

sakuraemily
September 25th, 2010, 06:17 AM
runs upto hours sometimes

enfys
September 25th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hmm...usually between 1-5 hours a day? I often pop on quickly inbetween doing far more important things, and while I'm waiting for things in the oven. I'm not continuously on here, despite impressions suggesting otherwise!

I often pop on when I'm in a queue that isn't moving or something now I have internet on my mobile phone.

Pacific
September 27th, 2010, 02:38 AM
It depends on how much time I do have, sometimes 1 hour and sometimes only 20 minutes.