PDA

View Full Version : My first " extension" question.

Jeno86
April 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
My hair is almost TBL. I was at work the other day with my hair in several braids, I call it my Dwarven hair. I was ringing up a woman and playing with two of the braids. She looks at me and asks "are those extensions or your real hair?" This couldn't have made me happier! I smiled and told her no this is all my hair. She looked shocked "wow. Most women now a days have extension." It made the rest of my shift pretty good. I take that question to mean my hair is finally getting long ^_____^ Random post I know. Just a little hair victory for me.

Sham
April 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Such a great feeling! I had a similar one the other day. I recently went back to my old job and I'm working with my sister (who's the manager) and she told me one of the other managers who didn't know my name asked "Who's the girl with the long hair?" :o I was pretty happy for a while after that!

redtuss
April 25th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I LOVE getting asked that question, a colleague asked me the same a month or so ago, it was flattering! But then I have been sneaky and keeping my hair in buns for a long time while growing, and then "showing off" a bit with it down one day :)

At the moment I am "educating" five (!) of my colleagues on how to treat their hair nice and grow and tend to it the natural way. It's great fun! And I have been gifting SMTīs as a treat to a few of them who have been having a rough time, so that they can put a nice hair mask in and relax for a while. Of course I included the recipe so they can make their own whenever they feel like it.

IndigoOptimist
April 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
That's great! I can't wait till I have long enough hair to get questions like that :)
Although, I have already had someone ask me if I was wearing extensions... Unfortunately this was by one of my elderly regulars at work. I went in on my day off with my hair down. At work it has to be tied up, so I assume he'd never noticed how long it was. He walked up behind, pulled on my hair and said ''what the bloodly hell you doing wearing a hair piece!?'' :P

faellen
April 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I had that happen to me once :D and I'm only at waist. Definitely gives a good feeling!

Ocelan
April 27th, 2013, 04:52 AM
I haven't been asked that and I thought people here don't really wear extensions (other than the pushy skimpy clothed fake blonde ones with obvious plastic hair who I rarely see outside reality tv programs) until the other day I saw a girl with maybe APL hair that looked pretty damaged. We have a lot of box dyed damaged hair here so that didn't catch my eye, but the fact that she had so obvious clip-in extensions on the back of her head did. It was like a poof of hair just hanging in mid air with a space under it. It could be seen so well from the side. Also I have seen few occasions with BSL hair dyed black with the obvious weaves/seals showing in the regrowth near lighter virgin hair at the temples.

So it seems it's not the really long haired girls who have extensions here (atleast according to what I've noticed). It's the APL to waist length usually layered hairs that do. I guess the long extensions are too expensive or they just want a bit more length or thickness? Or I might just be blind.

RileyJane
April 27th, 2013, 07:32 AM
See my hair is only MBL, comparably very short to urs, and I've had that happen to me as well :) (from my girls that have bobs no less) it just makes u smile from the inside out :)

jacqueline101
April 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
That's a great compliment I wish I heard it.

Blond On Blond
April 29th, 2013, 08:52 PM
That's a great compliment I wish I heard it.

I've heard it and you are right, it's a great thing to hear! Wait a bit longer and you'll get there too! :)