PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything I can do with my hair?

Xepher
April 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hello all! Xepher has been up to her usual mischief again.

I cut my hair back into a fauxhawk and went platinum about 5 months ago, and have been growing it out for the last 4 or so.

Obviously, it is still very short and I have reached that frustrating 'mullet' phase, it looks absolutely hideous. Tomorrow I am going to register for extras casting for the new X-Men movie which is being filmed here in Quebec. I want to look my best as who knows, this could be my shot at getting some film experience! Problem is, I can't figure out what to do with my hair, if anything CAN be done at all.

I've taken some photos for you all to get an idea of what stage I'm at. It's too short to put up, and too long to look like anything other than 'Ugh'. Can I work with this at all? There must be SOMETHING I can do with it. I've got plenty of bobbypins and clips around, so please if you have any ideas, I wanna hear 'em!

http://i34.tinypic.com/zkoprd.jpghttp://i38.tinypic.com/34evsz4.jpg

Sorry for the quality, cellphone pics and all.

irisheyes
April 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
My 23 year old daughter wears slouch hats most of the time and looks real cute in them. They are sort of her "trademark". She has cotton lace ones for summer. I couldn't see your face, but I think it may work for you too. You can make one out of an old shirt or sweater sleeve if you can't go shopping.

HylianGirl
April 23rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Can you try showing a pic of the whole head? It's easier to see you cut that way (You don't need to show your face though, even microsoft paint will be able to hide it if you don't wanna show it here)

QMacrocarpa
April 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
You could experiment with putting the back section up in a little French twist or peacock twist with a claw-clip/ouchless-barrette/your-choice and then bobbypin any side bits back that you don't want to be face-framing.

alexis917
April 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Sorry if I'm not terribly helpful, but I liked the slouchy hat idea!
And your piercings look great!

faellen
April 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
I also like the slouchy hat idea! Wish I'd thought of that in the mullet stages of growing out a pixie.

And... are those fractals you have in your lobes? If so.... I am sooooo jealous right now! :brains:

spidermom
April 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I would go get a little trim around the edges personally. That's how I dealt with the awkward stages of growing out a short cut.

Magalo
April 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
We can't even see your hair in your photos! What's the second photo? The back of your head??

I can't tell, but if it's long enough, you could french braid it (and hold it with bobby)

And... are those fractals you have in your lobes? If so.... I am sooooo jealous right now! :brains:

Haha, I doubt it. :p Doesn't look like fractals to me.

Xepher
April 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Sorry for the pictures guys! They were the best I could do. Was on my lunch break and in a rush. I'll try to get a better one when I get home.

I DO in fact have a slouchy hat... Never thought of using it before. I've never been a hat person and every time I put it on I feel like I look ridiculous or something. Silly I know, but I'll give it another try!

As for my piercings, not sure what fractals are, those are just 12g talon earrings I bought online years ago. Thank you for the compliments though :) I've got plenty of piercings lol!

faellen
April 23rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Haha, I doubt it. :p Doesn't look like fractals to me.

Totally thought it was a serenity but I see now its a talon, d'oh :lol: It does look like a talon version of a serenity captive.
Still like it though!