PDA

View Full Version : How Do you Make/Use Dry Shampoo or Thickener?

Cecilia
April 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
I had been using just baby powder, until I experimented with pure cocoa powder. (Like you use for baking.) It made my hair so crazy thick!!! I cut it with half baby powder, and it's perfect.

About using it: I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I cup some in my hands and flip my head over, and kind of apply it all over the scalp area beginning at the forehead and run my fingers through the rest of my hair...

Does anyone have a better or different method?

akilina
April 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thats nice it works for you. No home made dry shampoo will work for me, so I just use the real deal happily.

What about putting the mixture in a baby powder bottle, and poofing the bottle into you hair?

I will elaborate. When I was super light platinum blond I could use baby powder. I would shake the bottle up and then poof it right near my scalp. From shaking it up the powders would be flying around inside the bottle then poofing it made the perfect little poofs come out. After that I would agitate it on my scalp, and brush. This way it was very controlled. I never had too much in my hair. You can always add more product, but if you use too much theres not much you can do if its gross but wash it.

jacqueline101
April 22nd, 2013, 02:57 PM
I use the sauve dry shampoo. I like it works well. I use it on my fringe in the summer.