PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? [dye/hairdresser problem]

joflakes
April 22nd, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hi all!

On 2nd April I got my hair dyed at a hair dressers. I loved it! However, in the last few days people have been telling me (and I've noticed, too) that the ends of my hair are GREEN.

Now, that'd be great if I wanted green, but I wanted black hair! :(

Would you call the hairdressers and complain as it has been less than 3 weeks?

I'm annoyed as I don't want to have to dye my hair again, the idea was to get it done then leave the ends black so I can grow out my natural colour in an ombre type style.

I'm not sure what to do!

Jo

Nymph
April 22nd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Deffinitely call the hair dresser first. If they don't take your problem seriously, then only try to fix it yourself, but my small experience with all this is that hairdresser's dye is different from standard box dye you can buy and do yourself. So after having had a couple of carnages, I'm all for the "look before you leap" approach.

FireFromWithin
April 22nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
I'd definitely call the hairdresser, it might be something as simple as the shampoo and conditioner you're using but they should know how to fix it. If its a mistake on their end hopefully they won't charge you for it either.

HadessThera
April 22nd, 2013, 05:21 AM
I had black hair for five years and I've found that this happens a lot with with black dyes as they fade/wash out, it all depends on the base tone of the dye unfortunately, I've have blue, green, purple, reddish and brown fades from black dyes but this was usually after five weeks of daily washing, the only time I've seen black fade that quickly is when it was it over heavily bleached white blonde hair and that would be due to the dye pigment having no pigment to bond to in the dyeing process.

I would phone your hairdresser and explain the problem, three weeks is not acceptable in my opinion especially considering it was black hair dye, they might be able to do a corrective toner over the green which is not as damaging as a full colour process as it is usually a colour glaze. They might even have some tone correcting products available like shampoos, conditioners and leave-ins. I hope that helps and I really hope the hairdresser doesn't give you any trouble in remedying the green.

Kaelee
April 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Oh goodness! Definitely call and complain. I'm guessing you used permanent dye? I too hope it is an easy fix..

jacqueline101
April 22nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
I'd call the hair dresser or show up and show her your hair.

joflakes
April 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks all. I'm just near them (on my mobile!) so I'm going in! Will update =]

joflakes
April 22nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
They had a look and said it shouldn't have faded so quickly and are redoing it Thursday for free! :) Thankyou wise lhc members!

akilina
April 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Call, but not with the bitchy *im here to complain* attitude. Let them know nicely "hey I am pretty concerned..it has only been three weeks and my dye is turning this crazy green color." If you call and speak with a more positive tone you are more likely to hear her say "wow I am so sorry why don't you come back in and I can do something for you".
Get more bees with honey not vinegar ;)

Did she use permanent dye? And had you used indigo at all?

joflakes
April 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Call, but not with the bitchy *im here to complain* attitude. Let them know nicely "hey I am pretty concerned..it has only been three weeks and my dye is turning this crazy green color." If you call and speak with a more positive tone you are more likely to hear her say "wow I am so sorry why don't you come back in and I can do something for you".
Get more bees with honey not vinegar ;)

Did she use permanent dye? And had you used indigo at all?

I went in and spoke to the assistant director who I'm friendly with anyway so it was fine! They gave me a free appointment to fix it.

No it was a demi-permanent one. She said she'd expected some fade but not to the colour it has gone!

No, never used indigo before!