PDA

View Full Version : That one piece of hair that won't cooperate! (Pics)

minxe
April 20th, 2013, 05:06 AM
So, my hair growth journey has been going well so far. The health of my hair has improved drastically, I've gained a significant amount of length, and I've met a goal. All thanks to all of the wonderful people here that have helped me so far. Thanks, everyone! :heartbeat

But there's one thing that's still wrong...

This.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0d8e2c19f0543c1ee03069bc803447fc/tumblr_mljvog6U2h1rc5eo7o2_500.jpg

Stupid piece.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/91305b1335246aab57b2384b96170074/tumblr_mljvog6U2h1rc5eo7o3_500.jpg

Of disagreeable, unmanageable hair.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1f399c8faf7a31f0c5a0f61ea96106d9/tumblr_mljvog6U2h1rc5eo7o1_r1_500.jpg

That one. The big poofy one that sticks out like a sore thumb. I know you see it.

I'm at my wits' end. I've tried everything. I copiously oil it, I've gone through it with scissors cutting out splits, I've gone over it with a BBB (which my hair sort of hates) a few times, but to no avail. I don't know what to do.

What is it? Why won't it leave me alone? Help me? Please? :-(

sunshine-locks
April 20th, 2013, 05:13 AM
If you mean that area at the back then maybe you could use a mister to weigh the hair down and just comb it, if you haven't already tried that?
Maybe you need to keep it up more often?

minxe
April 20th, 2013, 05:19 AM
If you mean that area at the back then maybe you could use a mister to weigh the hair down and just comb it, if you haven't already tried that?
Maybe you need to keep it up more often?
Thanks for the advice! I've tried that, and I'm pretty good at keeping it up every day. It just feels lighter than the rest of my hair and it just sort of floats away...

Suze2012
April 20th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Have you tried glycerin?

I have been using a store bought own brand of glycerin & rosewater for the past few months with huge results.
It really controls that fluffiness - the only time I frizz up or end up fluffy now is if I get caught in drizzle and rain with no umbrella and I am very frizz prone.

It kind of weighs the hair a little bit but helps it keep it's shape, it's not greasy feeling and gives my hair shine too.
I swear by it and the compliments I have had on my hair since I began using it have come in droves! :)

If you can't get it ready mixed there's lots of recipes out there.

ETA: just another quick thought as it's something I have experienced is that I became aware that I wasn't covering certain parts of my hair enough with my leave in conditioner - mostly a section at the back which I kept missing due to putting my leave in on upside down (so the outside of my 'upside down' hair got a better coating than the section right in the middle.

minxe
April 20th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Have you tried glycerin?

I have been using a store bought own brand of glycerin & rosewater for the past few months with huge results.
It really controls that fluffiness - the only time I frizz up or end up fluffy now is if I get caught in drizzle and rain with no umbrella and I am very frizz prone.

It kind of weighs the hair a little bit but helps it keep it's shape, it's not greasy feeling and gives my hair shine too.
I swear by it and the compliments I have had on my hair since I began using it have come in droves! :)

If you can't get it ready mixed there's lots of recipes out there.

ETA: just another quick thought as it's something I have experienced is that I became aware that I wasn't covering certain parts of my hair enough with my leave in conditioner - mostly a section at the back which I kept missing due to putting my leave in on upside down (so the outside of my 'upside down' hair got a better coating than the section right in the middle.
I actually don't think I've heard of using glycerin for hair, so thanks! I'll definitely pick some up if I see it :) I'm also very prone to fluff, so I'm eager to see how that'd affect my hair.

I do that with my leave in too! I wonder if that's the case. Thanks so much for your insight! :heartbeat

CurlyCurves
April 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Your hair :thud:

minxe
April 20th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Your hair :thud:

Awh, thanks! I wish I could get it to behave as well as your beautiful curls.

lapushka
April 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Honestly, I don't see what you mean. I see gorgeous hair that has a wave to it in front and hangs that way because it's shorter in front and waves.

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Have tried to use a natural hair spray to train it with. Spray it in place until it learns to lay still.

Ocelan
April 20th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your hair. All my hair looks like that bit I believe you are refferring to as "poofy" if I move my hair around even a bit after brushing. And my hair is pretty straight. I think your hair looks great! Don't worry if you don't always look like a computer genetared shampoo commercial. I know I don't, but you're pretty darn close! :)

earthnut
April 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I think your hair already looks wonderful! I wish my hair looked as good as yours. Everyone has a bit of poof every now and then. It makes you look real, not some unreal perfect person on TV.

minxe
April 21st, 2013, 01:06 AM
Honestly, I don't see what you mean. I see gorgeous hair that has a wave to it in front and hangs that way because it's shorter in front and waves.
I guess it's nice to know that other people can't tell! It's just that one piece near the back that's frizzier than the rest.

Have tried to use a natural hair spray to train it with. Spray it in place until it learns to lay still.
Hmmm, I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your hair. All my hair looks like that bit I believe you are refferring to as "poofy" if I move my hair around even a bit after brushing. And my hair is pretty straight. I think your hair looks great! Don't worry if you don't always look like a computer genetared shampoo commercial. I know I don't, but you're pretty darn close! :)
Awh, thank you! You're so sweet! Maybe I'm just being hypercritical of it... I'm a bit of a perfectionist haha!

I think your hair already looks wonderful! I wish my hair looked as good as yours. Everyone has a bit of poof every now and then. It makes you look real, not some unreal perfect person on TV.
Thanks so much!

Fantak
April 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
It is the spirit of hair sins past!

Lolololol

Sorry couldn't resist :D I honestly think it looks fine :/ my hair does that and I thought that's what all natural hair looks like >.>

Edit: you have gorgeous hair by the way :)

Kaelee
April 21st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Don't feel bad, the left side of my hair is inexplicably puffier than the other and has some strands that are outright single-strand ringlets...that like to stick out at an angle from the rest of my hair. So I have smooth, straight hair with one little hair that goes POING! :lol: Oiling helps them lay down and behave better, but I usually don't bother.

heidi w.
April 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
I don't see a single thing wrong with your hair. It's lovely the way it is. Keep it.
Don't cut it.
heidi w.

ibleedlipstick
April 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Your hair is amazing I'm honestly so completely jealous that it isn't even funny! As far as the one little flyaway bit, I would check your washing/conditioning/leave-on habits. As someone mentioned upthread, it is really easy to consistently miss one place on your head while applying treatments, and that can make it wonky.

Also, if you dye your hair it could be a tiny patch of gray that just doesn't want to behave.