PDA

View Full Version : I WENT BLONDE! From VERY dark brown. PICS! x

LocustSpawning
April 19th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Before:

http://i38.tinypic.com/zvepvo.jpg

aaaaand after!
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vxlw1k.jpg

HUUUGE change and a major LHC sin but what the hell, I love it! Any other bleached hair people wanna gimme tips on how to maintain its health? It's feeling pretty rough! I'm guessing protein treatments? xx

RavenBaby
April 19th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Oh it's beautiful and still so long :D how did you achieve it ^^

Vivalagina
April 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM
My highlights really love a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning and regular use of a leave-in conditioner or oil. Glad you're loving it!

MsBubbles
April 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Wow! Good for you. It looks lovely. Was the very dark brown beforehand, your natural color?

starlamelissa
April 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
My red dyed hair likes a cone heavy routine. I love being red, I feel it accurately portrays me, it's worth whatever damage.

sisi33
April 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Okay, now I'm super impressed! Am I the only one that's impressed?! That color looks great on you, but I am absolutely no help with what you hair now needs.

leslissocool
April 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
It looks amazing with your skin tone!

I'd hot oil and do protein treatments.

faellen
April 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Beautiful colour :) I once bleached from black to baby blonde, but my hair was shorter than yours. I used to baby it and use lots of conditioner after. You could try a protein treatment, and coconut oil may help you as it helps with protein loss :)

Annibelle
April 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Brown eyes look so pretty with blonde hair. :inlove: You look great.

Vrindi
April 19th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Pretty! Lots of moisture and avoid sun damage at all costs! My hair was a little lighter than that growing up. Blond hair brown eyes is a striking combo, sometimes I wish I had my blond back :) Coconut oil saved my hair from my last bleach fiasco.

jacqueline101
April 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'd do a lot of moisture and a protein treatment if needed.

browneyedsusan
April 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Holy moly! Looks fabulous! :thud:

Great job!

HadessThera
April 19th, 2013, 04:12 PM
That looks so pretty, I recommend a combo of moisture and protein treatments, maybe alternate or find a product that combines the two, I love Joico and the professional L'oreal range and used those on my hair when I bleached it silver and when I bleached to make a super vibrant red, hot oil treatments are also great for smoothing out and adding back some shine and nothing helped me like a good leave-in conditioner, hth and again blonde really looks lovely on you :)

pocketsmall
April 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
What a nice time for a change just as summer is approaching! Very pretty.

BrightEyes
April 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Your hair is beautiful!! I agree with the advice to do both protein and moisture treatments. I alternate the two, although I always follow my protein treatments with moisture. Enjoy being blonde :D

alyaziaaah
April 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
looks beautiful! but i loved your brown colour also.
what saved my bleach damaged hair is called Grund Tiger Reconstructor and Grund Tiger Mask.
both are lasting protein reconstructing treatments. imo the best on the market world wide. you will find them through Amazon.com. plus coconut oil and amodimethicone in condishes will help. just dont bleach the bleached parts again,
if you want to keep your length i mean.
there is also Aphogee 2step treatment but Grund is better and easier to use. use the reconstructor in the beginning once a week, i used to wash it out with water immediately, and put a moisturizing condish. i used the mask also weekly in the beginning. then once a week the reconstructor, another week the mask, then when things improve, see how your hair behaves, maybe do it every 2 weeks, every 4 weeks and so on. before the next bleach on the roots, use it and use it again immediately after. hope that helped :blossom:

kidari
April 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
pretty! asides from all the other recommendations, try coney oil serums. based on reviews I recently purchased this one and I LOVE it!!! it doesn't have a very musky smell but a strong sweet smell that doesn't linger too much (it's really strong at first but then fades)... it's called "Agadir argan oil spray treatment"

Khristopher
April 19th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Woah, dramatic change! It goes so well with your skintone, it's a lovely color. I don't know much about how to care for it, maybe egg masks? And protective updo's and braids seems a good idea.
Hope you enjoy your new hair! :cool:

ibleedlipstick
April 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM
What a change! Your new color is stunning. I recently went from dyed black to a blonde that is not quite as light as yours. I now use Pureology oil shampoo/conditioner and I alternate between Moroccan Oil and Redken Anti-Snap for after-wash care. My hair has taken all the changes pretty well and still looks and feels soft and healthy.

Rocket22
April 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I love it!!! Looks fantastic. I would recommend the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment, it worked wonders on my hair. Also coconut oil.

minxe
April 20th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful! :inlove: Anything that pretty needs to be pampered!

earthnut
April 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Nice very cool blonde that looks great on you!