PDA

View Full Version : Tresemme users!

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
What's the deal with the free salon pump bottles? Do you save the pump to use on future bottles? Are they all gonna have pumps forevermore?

I have used some of their shampoos and conditioners with success, but I never stick with them because of their clumsy huge bottles. But a pump would solve everything! I saw some for a good price with the free salon pumps and bought them. I want to know if I can reuse the pumps, or are they like suave professionals, who releases shampoos and conditioners with pumps, then takes them off the market, and the old pump won't fit on the new bottle!!!

lolar
April 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I haven't seen this pump offer here in the UK yet but I do use tresemme shampoo and conditioner! Keratin smooth for me!

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I have used smooth and silky and moisture rich lines, very nice products. If anyone knows about the pump thing I'd be thrilled.

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
90 views and no one knows if the pumps are reusable? Damn!

chen bao jun
April 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I find tresemme smooth and silky is a great leave in for my 3c curls. I use the tightly curly method (more or less).

Mesmerise
April 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I don't see why you couldn't reuse the pumps! Have a go and see how it works ;).

selenechiba
April 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I've used the pumps before, but didn't like them and so have never tried to reuse them. :(

Aliped
April 18th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I haven't seen the pumps yet, but I usually dilute my shampoo and re use old bottles. In this case, I will look out for the ones with pumps on them and reuse that one!
Thanks

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the tip about using smooth and silky as a leave in. I am the leave in queen!

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I must.have.puuuuummmppppsssss! I stocked up when Wally's had suave sleek with pumps for 2.50 a bottle. I'm on my last bottle on the stash, and looking for a pump-Ed product replacement.

excentricat
April 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I haven't seen the pumps, but tresemme doesn't seem to go through bottle types like suave does, so there's a good chance they'd be reusable. I've solved the giant bottle thing by getting a shower caddy that will hold the bottle upside down, so I can just flip the cap, squeeze some out, and flip it closed.

RileyJane
April 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM
U could deff reuse the pumps, even if they don't screw on, u could just neatly set it in there and it'll still pump!

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I never thought about that excentricat. but tresemme bottles have looked the same since forever, so heres hoping I can use these "free salon pumps" again.

akilina
April 18th, 2013, 08:01 PM
If they were to change everything on you...Can't you just go buy a plain empty bottle and pump that fits for just pennies? I know you can here. At my natural foods store here in town they sell lots of things like this for very very cheap.

You could buy whatever product of your choice, and always just refill the bottle. Same with the Tresemme bottle you have with the pump. Save it behind and if you find they have changed things then just put the new shampoo in the old bottle...............

Kaelee
April 18th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Try it. Worst that can happen is it doesn't work, right?

I don't know Tresemme, but Aussie has had pump bottles out for years. :)

anitacs9101
April 19th, 2013, 12:55 AM
I bought one with a pump and I kinda wish I hadn't. The pump goes soooo sloooow! I have to pump it like a million times to get the amount I I use and I don't even use all that much.

But, yes, the pumps fit the regular bottles :)

Bagginslover
April 19th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Just transfer the new product, to the old bottle with the pump. Buy a cheap funnel if you don't already have one to make it easier.

starlamelissa
April 19th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Transfer the new product into an old bottle? Eureka! Even if the don't fit the new bottle I can refill! Brilliant!!!

starlamelissa
April 19th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info anitacs, btw, which variety are you using?

jacqueline101
April 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I have seen them but I only use a few of their products. I use shine spray and in the past few leave in products.

anitacs9101
April 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info anitacs, btw, which variety are you using?

The moisturizing one from the Naturals line.